Red Dead Redemption 2 ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV mod

Message added by Andytizer

12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the in-game cutscenes, cinematic cameras, shops and a number of other areas at 21:9 and wider resolutions. Since version 2.0 it also removes pillarboxing from the photo mode. Since version 3.0, it allows for custom FOV adjustment.

Launch the game first, then the tool. The password for the archive is pcgw

As expected from a trainer based on CE components, this tool does get falsely flagged by some anti-virus software as a trojan, while the rest correctly mark it as a "hacktool".

Use the tool provided here at own risk and ideally avoid playing RDR Online without completely disabling the fix - especially the FOV hack.

Tested at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080. Additionally confirmed as working by two volunteers from WSGF.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 3.5   See changelog

Released

• Updated the photo mode code location that prevented the rest of the main (F5) script from working after the game update.
  • Slightly updated the UI.
  • No new features or changes.
  • We've had a good run since December 2019 through the updates!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Is there a way to fix the framing in the cutscenes? Because you actually see more than you're supposed to with the black bars removed. There's too much space around people's heads and it looks way less cinematic with all the extra stuff you can see. :)

Share this comment

Hey man!

Nice fix! it looks like you're a good at Cheat Engine. May I ask you some help for a First Person FOV fix?

I'm trying to tweak the first person Fov with cheat engine on Read Dead Redemption 2. After some research, I found the float numbers that actually adjust the first person view, however I'm unable to actually make them properly work, as it seems the game try to force a base fov, which result in screen flickering between native value and new value. We're almost there!

Here are the native game float data:

• First Person Min Fov: 44.9588623 (float - when the setting is at 0 in the game)
  • First Person Max Fov: 54.99999619 (float- when the setting is at 10 in the game)

Please let me know if you find a solution!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1GfaiZkqlI

Share this comment

If you manage to get something working for this hawk you'll have a lot of people like me eager to download it! Really desperate for a 1st person FOV fix for RDR2, similar to what existed in GTAV. I just can't play in 1st person currently, it's so frustrating how Rockstar don't incorporate a normal FOV slider than goes to higher values. Surely they would have seen that the 1st person FOV mod for GTAV had like 250k downloads so there is a big demand!

Share this comment

On 11/6/2019 at 12:40 AM, railgunpoi said:

It doesn't change the original scene, only removes the black bars, like what you said, something that should've done by Rockstar themselves.

Yeah, it does change the framing of the original shots. You can clearly see the differences on the newer comparison images.

Rene gets it.

8 hours ago, Rene said:

Is there a way to fix the framing in the cutscenes? Because you actually see more than you're supposed to with the black bars removed. There's too much space around people's heads and it looks way less cinematic with all the extra stuff you can see. 🙂

Probably no easy way to do it with how they dynamically letterboxed the engine scenes to be more cinematic. It was designed around 16:9 HDTVs, and they didn't do the work to display them properly on wider screens. So best we'll probably get for now.

Comparisons: https://imgur.com/a/SWdz8KU

Share this comment

On 11/6/2019 at 2:24 PM, jakeo10 said:

Around noon the Javier homestead robbery activity should appear in the camp. You can sleep till noon to make it appear. Once you talk to him you will walk to your horses. When you get onto them and the game tries to do a cutscene transition thing for the journey, the game will zoom out and then nothing happens, you just sit there with no HUD and unable to do much.

Try the latest version and the new "F5" solution

Share this comment

On 11/7/2019 at 10:39 AM, hawkidoki said:

Hey man!

Nice fix! it looks like you're a good at Cheat Engine. May I ask you some help for a First Person FOV fix?

I'm trying to tweak the first person Fov with cheat engine on Read Dead Redemption 2. After some research, I found the float numbers that actually adjust the first person view, however I'm unable to actually make them properly work, as it seems the game try to force a base fov, which result in screen flickering between native value and new value. We're almost there!

Here are the native game float data:

• First Person Min Fov: 44.9588623 (float - when the setting is at 0 in the game)
  • First Person Max Fov: 54.99999619 (float- when the setting is at 10 in the game)

Please let me know if you find a solution!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1GfaiZkqlI

I added custom real time FOV adjustment to the latest version of the trainer.

PS, Not a man!

Share this comment

I have the latest version and the game is running but no matter what or how many times I launch the .exe... the bars are still there. Could you please help me with this?

Share this comment

WOW GREAT first step for the FOV adjustment.

At the moment it sets general FOV and we do not know which values each increment sets. Hopefully it keeps expanding and we can modify the first person aiming fov separate from the third person fov and individual guns etc like Extended Camera Settings AND WEAPON fov for GTA 5.

The weapon FOV values for the GTA 5 weapons and their aim down sight fov were accessible through "Gta V/update/update.rpf/common/data/ai" (drag and drop weapons.meta) so I hope something similar can be done but an amazing solid first step nonetheless. Thanks a lot Rose!

This is the GTA 5 mod I am talking about:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/weapons/improved-firstperson-shooting-and-unlimited-ammo

You think anything similar can be implemented or does that need Open 4 update for Read Dead Redemption 2 first?

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Cowlick035 said:

Thank you so much for the FOV adjustment! Is there any way to know what the increments are?

Either 0.1 or 0.05 vertical. I can't remember which one made it to the program.

1 hour ago, Twenteforce said:

I have the latest version and the game is running but no matter what or how many times I launch the .exe... the bars are still there. Could you please help me with this?

Which bars? The tool doesn't affect the loading screens or main menu.

Share this comment

The Fov option is working.. but not the aspect ratio super Stretch horizontal that I have, and I showed in the video. If you could do something with aspect ratios, please!! I think it will take lot of time until Rockstar do something with that.

Thanks for your work.

rdr2_aspectratio2.jpg

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

The Fov option is working.. but not the aspect ratio super Stretch horizontal that I have, and I showed in the video. If you could do something with aspect ratios, please!! I think it will take lot of time until Rockstar do something with that.

Thanks for your work.

I could not see the settings values in your video as the text was too small but you could try the -width YOUR_VALUE -height YOUR_VALUE launch options to force the game to use your resolution. Keep in mind that the mod does not make any changes to the aspect ratio.

Share this comment

Awesome! The FOV changer is great, but it appears when you go quite high it seems the camera becomes low. Looks like you're very short and the POV is more from chest area. Is this possible to adjust?

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, Rose said:

I could not see the settings values in your video as the text was too small but you could try the -width YOUR_VALUE -height YOUR_VALUE launch options to force the game to use your resolution. Keep in mind that the mod does not make any changes to the aspect ratio.

My settings are usually full screen 5040x1050, but I can put in window mode any other lower value. Usually when I have problems of aspect ratio I put 1680x1050 (1 monitor) to use the right aspect ratio. BUT in this case the result is the same. 

As you say, I know the mod do not change the aspect ratio. That is why I ask you if you could make the option to modify that aspect ratio to match any resolution. I know there are other users with hiultrawide resolutions that works well, but in my Triplehead2go, it doesn't work.

THe -width and -height value in the launcher was already tested with no good result. and even disable fullscreen optimizations in the exe, with no good result at all.

thanks!

Share this comment

Share this comment

1 hour ago, greatxerox said:

i'm a little afraid ^^ 

Are you sure it's only false positive ?

That's actually a bit lower than normal for a CE trainer. Download any one like this and scan it to verify.

Share this comment

it's strange, i just got the last file release, but it's not exactly the same size.  5.61 Mb for me and 5.68 Mb for you ??

Anyway, it's fine^^  Your patch is probably wonderful 🙂

i just bought RDR2 , it will take 16 hours to download it. Hope it will works fine on Tri screen 🙂

If i undertand well, the map will be in the left screen. it's not totally optimized for tri screen  (map won't be on the middle screen), right ?

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Rose said:

Which bars? The tool doesn't affect the loading screens or main menu.

In the game itself, the fix just didn't work for me. 

Share this comment

20 minutes ago, greatxerox said:

it's strange, i just got the last file release, but it's not exactly the same size.  5.61 Mb for me and 5.68 Mb for you ??

Anyway, it's fine^^  Your patch is probably wonderful 🙂

i just bought RDR2 , it will take 16 hours to download it. Hope it will works fine on Tri screen 🙂

If i undertand well, the map will be in the left screen. it's not totally optimized for tri screen  (map won't be on the middle screen), right ?

The scan results I linked are for a completely unrelated trainer from Fearless, just to show you that the detection rates are common for trainers built on CE.

Share this comment

Thank you Rose  🙂
F5 only removes the side bars for me ... 32:9.
F11 removes both the side bars and the bars at the top and bottom.

On another note and I don't think it is anything to do with your Fix Rose ...
My map is squashed unless I run the game in Borderless Window mode, is that norm for everyone else?

Share this comment

Hey, for me the F5 toggle doesn't seem to work. It still shown the black bars in cutsceen. any solution? 

my screen ratio 16:9 1920x1080 FULL HD

Thank you

Share this comment

Can you somehow make changes permanent? So, when I upload the program and press f3, FOV became he same as I set it earlier. 

Share this comment