Red Dead Redemption 2 ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV mod

Message added by Andytizer

12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the in-game cutscenes, cinematic cameras, shops and a number of other areas at 21:9 and wider resolutions. Since version 2.0 it also removes pillarboxing from the photo mode. Since version 3.0, it allows for custom FOV adjustment.

Launch the game first, then the tool. The password for the archive is pcgw

As expected from a trainer based on CE components, this tool does get falsely flagged by some anti-virus software as a trojan, while the rest correctly mark it as a "hacktool".

Use the tool provided here at own risk and ideally avoid playing RDR Online without completely disabling the fix - especially the FOV hack.

Tested at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080. Additionally confirmed as working by two volunteers from WSGF.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 1.0   See changelog

Released

New screenshots only!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 minutes ago, Rose said:

Not according to what I've been told. I will certainly look into the issue later though.

Thanks for your reply!

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Rose said:

Not according to what I've been told. I will certainly look into the issue later though.

The game actually still renders 21:9 in photo mode, I saw it with Reshade's depth buffer, just don't know why they add two black bars.

Share this comment

Does this change the framing of the original scenes? When removing the windowboxing, are you seeing everything that's normally matted out and hidden by those bars on all sides? Or does this hack crop off all the black bars and fill the scene to the display properly, like Rockstar should have done to begin with?

Share this comment

2 hours ago, shackbc2 said:

Does this change the framing of the original scenes? When removing the windowboxing, are you seeing everything that's normally matted out and hidden by those bars on all sides? Or does this hack crop off all the black bars and fill the scene to the display properly, like Rockstar should have done to begin with?

It doesn't change the original scene, only removes the black bars, like what you said, something that should've done by Rockstar themselves.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, shackbc2 said:

I thought this was really complicated and shit, because Rockstar said they spent hours on making the black bars for console version, so I originally forgave them for having a shitty cutscene on ultra wide monitor, yet poof, modder made it work in one day.

Share this comment

Hey man! Can you do this for regular aspect ratios aswell? I really don't like the black bars coming in when the cutscenes play or when the cinematic camera is activated.

Share this comment

A quick heads up if anyone has issues in the chapter 2 mission "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego" (it starts off where you're taking a horse to sell at the market). The game kept refusing to load a cutscene once I entered the stables, not letting me move or do anything besides rotate the camera, forcing me to quit the game and restart it. After 4 reloads, I finally tried it without the ultrawide fix, and it worked.

This game is super buggy right now, so that might not have been the issue, but if anyone else encounters the same problem, definitely try it without the fix for that portion.

Edit: Thank you so much for your incredible quick work Rose! I just wanted to post this so that if anyone else has (or doesn't have) the same problem there we can find out if it's the issue. So to anyone else, if you made it through that mission using the patch without problems, please reply.

Edited by Wongmo

Share this comment

Cannot use it. It is full of viruses as it says in VirusTotal. But I don't know if it would fix my problem as all 3D is totally stretched.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Wongmo said:

A quick heads up if anyone has issues in the chapter 2 mission "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego" (it starts off where you're taking a horse to sell at the market). The game kept refusing to load a cutscene once I entered the stables, not letting me move or do anything besides rotate the camera, forcing me to quit the game and restart it. After 4 reloads, I finally tried it without the ultrawide fix, and it worked.

This game is super buggy right now, so that might not have been the issue, but if anyone else encounters the same problem, definitely try it without the fix for that portion.

Edit: Thank you so much for your incredible quick work Rose! I just wanted to post this so that if anyone else has (or doesn't have) the same problem there we can find out if it's the issue. So to anyone else, if you made it through that mission using the patch without problems, please reply.

Same issue here for that mission & the javier robbery mission in chapter 2. Causes the game to break and not play the cutscenes.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Rose said:

Thanks. Where should I go from there and what should I do?

Around noon the Javier homestead robbery activity should appear in the camp. You can sleep till noon to make it appear. Once you talk to him you will walk to your horses. When you get onto them and the game tries to do a cutscene transition thing for the journey, the game will zoom out and then nothing happens, you just sit there with no HUD and unable to do much.

Share this comment

32 minutes ago, jakeo10 said:

Around noon the Javier homestead robbery activity should appear in the camp. You can sleep till noon to make it appear. Once you talk to him you will walk to your horses. When you get onto them and the game tries to do a cutscene transition thing for the journey, the game will zoom out and then nothing happens, you just sit there with no HUD and unable to do much.

Thanks for the feedback. I updated the patcher to make the hotkey into a toggle so you can disable and re-enable the fix without restarting the game if something like this happens again. I will look further into the matter and see if the issue can be properly solved without rewriting and injecting a lot of the code.

Share this comment

16 minutes ago, chunk1981 said:

Hi, sorry to sound like a noob but it wont let me add the file to the patcher, am I missing something?

There is no patcher. Launch the game and then the trainer as instructed. It will get attached to the game process automatically (which is among the reasons it's sometimes flagged as malware)

Share this comment

Thank you, I don't know why but I thought I had to pair it with flawless widescreen patcher for some reason. Thank you for the response

Share this comment

12 minutes ago, Rose said:

There is no patcher. Launch the game and then the trainer as instructed. It will get attached to the game process automatically (which is among the reasons it's sometimes flagged as malware)

For some reason I cannot get this to work at ALL, and I swear I'm doing it as says, I even allowed it through my firewall.

Share this comment

Hello! Sorry to hurry you, the mod works perfectly for me, but the black bars in Photo mode seems to be still exist, is this fixable, thank you!

Share this comment

Can't seem to get this to work on Windows 10, RX 5700. Tried launching the trainer both in the main menu and after gameplay has started. Launching the .exe from the Downloads folder. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Have since managed to get it working! My F5 key was rebound to something else and wasn't activating the tool, when you hit F5 the "Black bars removal" should turn green to show that it is active.

Edited by Skogsy

Share this comment

3 hours ago, railgunpoi said:

Hello! Sorry to hurry you, the mod works perfectly for me, but the black bars in Photo mode seems to be still exist, is this fixable, thank you!

Added a fix for the photo mode.

Share this comment