2 Screenshots

About This File

This file is intended to fix the FOV in American McGee's Alice, since the engine the game uses (id Tech 3) is Vert-, it means the vertical FOV is reduced the wider the aspect ratio becomes. This is a permanent fix, so it's no longer needed to run the "fov" command every level reset/restart or binding the command to a key. Both the gameplay and cutscene FOVs are fixed. 

Instructions:

- Just extract the American McGee's Alice - FOV Fixer.exe to the main game folder where the game executable is.

- Run the fixer, and set the desired width and height to fix the FOV automatically, or set a custom FOV value.

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

7 hours ago, bishop_swift said:

So I have tested these out and they still have a lot of cropping in cutscenes. SO it doesn't seem to have any effect on the FOV there unfortunately.

Ah, I really thought it affected the FOV in cutscenes too, thanks for clarifying it 😄

Share this comment

On 1/8/2023 at 3:35 AM, bishop_swift said:

So I have tested these out and they still have a lot of cropping in cutscenes. SO it doesn't seem to have any effect on the FOV there unfortunately.

I fixed it now (found the right hex address that deals with cutscene FOV), try and see if the cropping happens during any cutscene.

Share this comment