Red Dead Redemption 2 ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV mod

Message added by Andytizer

12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the in-game cutscenes, cinematic cameras, shops and a number of other areas at 21:9 and wider resolutions. Since version 2.0 it also removes pillarboxing from the photo mode. Since version 3.0, it allows for custom FOV adjustment.

Launch the game first, then the tool. The password for the archive is pcgw

As expected from a trainer based on CE components, this tool does get falsely flagged by some anti-virus software as a trojan, while the rest correctly mark it as a "hacktool".

Use the tool provided here at own risk and ideally avoid playing RDR Online without completely disabling the fix - especially the FOV hack.

Tested at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080. Additionally confirmed as working by two volunteers from WSGF.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 3.5   See changelog

Released

• Updated the photo mode code location that prevented the rest of the main (F5) script from working after the game update.
  • Slightly updated the UI.
  • No new features or changes.
  • We've had a good run since December 2019 through the updates!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I don't think so as the hack tool designer already told that it will be viewed by antivirus software as a virus.

Since it hacks assembly code in memory, it will always be viewed by some as at least a hacking tool and reported so.

Your best option is to set an exception in your anti virus software.

Share this comment

Man i like your fixes and really greatful for them, but how do you think you should improve them? Well ill give you a tip - learn the concept of asi loaders and plugins many games use nowadays, its easy dll injection solution, that is well thought for you, all you have to do is port all of your fixes into dlls, because trainers and loaders\launchers that require to run external program are uncomfortable old clunky way to modify game run time code, as well as direct patching of any game files is bad idea, everyone does it with dll injection nowadays and gta modding community made asi dll mods a widespread easy to use standard for pc gaming. Please port everything you did into asi plugins.

Share this comment

Don't know why no one has really mentioned this issue but it really detracts from the enjoyment of this mod. The issue being that when in third person and increasing the FOV by more than one increment causes stutter when transitioning to aiming in third person, and seems to get worse the more you increase the FOV. Would it be at all possible to perhaps have a 1st Person only FOV Changer to circumvent this issue? 

Anyway Thankyou for reading this and hopefully you can get back to me! 

Share this comment

Has anyone tried this online? Has anyone been banned from it online? I could see it being fine for single player. Personally I didn't even know about the fov mod for GTA 5. Did they ban people for using that online?

Share this comment

I really appreciate what you're doing here, I love that it gets rid of the ugly cutscene pillarboxing on my ultrawide. However, this seems to randomly crash my game a lot (ERR_GFX_STATE), even when I'm in menus not doing anything. I say this because when I stopped running your fix, my game stopped crashing too. Is there any way I can help you debug this?

Share this comment

Hey everyone. For some reason the game still crashes for me when pressing F3. I tried the fixes suggested here and it's not an anti-virus issue. Can someone help me please? Thannks!

Share this comment

Some people just aren't lucky enough to use the tool.

For me, it was the issue of an annoying stutter each time Arthur aims with the gun + each time I talk to a vendor the FOV stretches immensely to like... 200 value. Makes it unusable for me. No matter what setting or variant of the FOV tool I use, the issue is there. The game is unplayable like this.

Too bad, though, the FOV enhancing by the tool makes the game look fantastic and much more immersive.

Share this comment

For anyone having crashes whenever hitting F3 (or even the OP who can perhaps push an update for newer drivers), the fix was simple for me, I just had to roll back to an older version for my GPU driver (NVidia), I had the 445.75 one with no crashes, then I updated it to a newer version 456.71 which caused a crash whenever I hit F3, then I removed the drivers (with a tool named DDU) and installed the 445.75 back which fixed the issue.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, hsneak said:

For anyone having crashes whenever hitting F3 (or even the OP who can perhaps push an update for newer drivers), the fix was simple for me, I just had to roll back to an older version for my GPU driver (NVidia), I had the 445.75 one with no crashes, then I updated it to a newer version 456.71 which caused a crash whenever I hit F3, then I removed the drivers (with a tool named DDU) and installed the 445.75 back which fixed the issue.

It's hard to imagine this being a driver issue. My suspicion is that the recently reported crashes relate to illegal copies of the game, provided the version of the trainer is up to date - 3.5 (as of this writing). I cannot remember seeing any crash reports in the past, except in cases of using outdated versions of the tool uploaded to other sites.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Rose said:

It's hard to imagine this being a driver issue. My suspicion is that the recently reported crashes relate to illegal copies of the game, provided the version of the trainer is up to date - 3.5 (as of this writing). I cannot remember seeing any crash reports in the past, except in cases of using outdated versions of the tool uploaded to other sites.

But why would that be related to illegal copies now ? the game is out for some time now however the driver versions changed recently, dunno...

Anyway, whatever the reason thx alot for your work 🙂

Share this comment

Just now, Rose said:

The only drastic thing changed since a year ago is that the game was cracked

Didn't know, if that's the case then you're probably right. Still there are reports of such crashes before, but the inconsistency of the "symptoms" point to a crack issue indeed (I think?).

Share this comment

19 hours ago, Rose said:

My copy was bought legit from Epic Games Store, actually. Although I haven't been getting the in-menu crashing anymore, and I haven't noticed any more weird crashes with the mod that don't seem to happen without it -- just plain old RDR2 crashing lmao. So maybe it was just RDR2 after all.

One thing I did notice though is when I google the latest patch/version for RDR2 PC, the version numbers (1.20+) don't seem to match the version that Epic Launcher reports (which is the same as the RDR2.exe version). Mine is 1.0.1311.27 and it's on auto-update so it should be the latest that Epic provides.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, sprakatak said:

My copy was bought legit from Epic Games Store, actually. Although I haven't been getting the in-menu crashing anymore, and I haven't noticed any more weird crashes with the mod that don't seem to happen without it -- just plain old RDR2 crashing lmao. So maybe it was just RDR2 after all.

The game certainly has crashes affecting all types of users since release (see this, for example), so my previous posts were in relation to the recent crash reports thought to be tied to the trainer by the players. One of them actually bought the game on Steam just yesterday and reported no longer having the frequent crashes. As such, for anyone using the pirated version I would recommend at least trying the game on Steam or Epic within the refund window to see whether it makes a difference.

Share this comment

Hi, first of all, thank you for your work and this amazing tool.

I do have a question though, is there any way I could (or is this trainer supposed to) save my fov settings so that every time I launch the game I don't need to press F3 and do the same process all over again?

Thx

Share this comment

Don't Want to be a pain, but the third Person FOV with this mod is sort of, broken with it stuttering when transitioning to aiming in third person. 

Would it be at all possible for you to look into this? If not is there Anyway you can provide a 1st Person FOV Changer only? As 1st Person works amazing with this mod.

I'd really appreciate a reply, This mod would change the game for me if it didn't have the "Stuttering Issue" I mentioned.

Thanks man! 

Share this comment

Awesome tool Rose, been using lots of your other Ultrawide tools, I have a question tho, would it be possible for this tool to be reworked as an .asi plugin or injected with AB's Scripthook,? I'm interested to learn and try develop it myself based on this tool. I'd really appreciate it if you could give me some pointers. Thank you for your work!

Share this comment

Hi, first of all thank you for the mod, it worked perfectly until yesterday and now when I press F5, F11 or F3 nothing happens (the text doesn't even become green) I tried with an on-screen keyboard and it didn't work either. However pressing the F7 and F8 keys turns the text green but nothing happens. I am using the latest version of the mod and the latest version of Windows and RDR2. I don't recall making any change to my computer that started the problem. Thank you very much for your help!

Share this comment

7 hours ago, aralldire said:

Hi, first of all thank you for the mod, it worked perfectly until yesterday and now when I press F5, F11 or F3 nothing happens (the text doesn't even become green) I tried with an on-screen keyboard and it didn't work either. However pressing the F7 and F8 keys turns the text green but nothing happens. I am using the latest version of the mod and the latest version of Windows and RDR2. I don't recall making any change to my computer that started the problem. Thank you very much for your help!

There was a weird "update" of 160 GB on my end, which must have been a total reinstall possibly related to the launcher failing to discover the existing folder, so it took me hours to download it and check the game.

Each of the functions of the tool is still working as intended on my end (each button turns green after launching the trainer after the game). The trainer version is 3.5 and the game version is 1.0.1311.27.
There are no official reports of updates either.

Share this comment

14 hours ago, Rose said:

There was a weird "update" of 160 GB on my end, which must have been a total reinstall possibly related to the launcher failing to discover the existing folder, so it took me hours to download it and check the game.

Each of the functions of the tool is still working as intended on my end (each button turns green after launching the trainer after the game). The trainer version is 3.5 and the game version is 1.0.1311.27.
There are no official reports of updates either.

Well, thank you for your answer, at least I know that the issue is on my end, I'll try to find out what happened and I'll share the solution.

Share this comment