Red Dead Redemption 2 ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV mod

Message added by Andytizer

12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the in-game cutscenes, cinematic cameras, shops and a number of other areas at 21:9 and wider resolutions. Since version 2.0 it also removes pillarboxing from the photo mode. Since version 3.0, it allows for custom FOV adjustment.

Launch the game first, then the tool. The password for the archive is pcgw

As expected from a trainer based on CE components, this tool does get falsely flagged by some anti-virus software as a trojan, while the rest correctly mark it as a "hacktool".

Use the tool provided here at own risk and ideally avoid playing RDR Online without completely disabling the fix - especially the FOV hack.

Tested at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080. Additionally confirmed as working by two volunteers from WSGF.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 3.5   See changelog

Released

• Updated the photo mode code location that prevented the rest of the main (F5) script from working after the game update.
  • Slightly updated the UI.
  • No new features or changes.
  • We've had a good run since December 2019 through the updates!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

21 minutes ago, gouki said:

Surefire way to get your whole rockstar account banned forever, barring you from access and making everything on your rockstar social club forfeit.

But you sure showed em!

I'm already playing red dead online on a new account.

But you sure showed me!

Share this comment

19111712032616744216514488.png

hello friends, please how do you know the files which are detected as "strange" by Rockstar launcher ?

thank you a lot 🙂

At the moment, i don't launch RDR2 because i don't want to be banned.

However, Rose, you make a marvelous job. Too bad Rockstar is unable to detect the difference between a cheat mode and a fixing mod , shame on them !

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, greatxerox said:

hello friends, please how do you know the files which are detected as "strange" by Rockstar launcher ?

thank you a lot 🙂

At the moment, i don't launch RDR2 because i don't want to be banned.

However, Rose, you make a marvelous job. Too bad Rockstar is unable to detect the difference between a cheat mode and a fixing mod , shame on them !

That is normally related to having extra files within the game folder. My tool doesn't have to be in it.

Share this comment

i didn't installed anything from your tool in the RDR2 folder.

mmmh maybe it detects some files from GTA 5 3Dvision fix from Helixmod. GTA 5 Steam is deleted from my computer but i think there are some files from the previous install or profile.

but how do you know what are exactly the detected files by rockstar launcher please ?

Share this comment

Just now, greatxerox said:

i didn't installed anything from your tool in the RDR2 folder.

mmmh maybe it detects some files from GTA 5 3Dvision fix from Helixmod. GTA 5 Steam is deleted from my computer but i think there are some files from the previous install or profile.

but how do you know what are exactly the detected files by rockstar launcher please ?

The message isn't related to files outside of the RDR2 folder. It may be caused by mods like Legal Screen Skip that have to be placed in it, but there is no way to know which ones trigger the warning.

Share this comment

On 11/11/2019 at 1:51 PM, ReDorDeD said:

I'm having trouble with the ultrawide aspect ratio in the game. When displaying at 3440x1440 I just get the 2560x1440 image stretched horizontally 😞

I'm wondering if this tool could have the ability to just adjust the horizontal FOV only, so I can fix the view I'm getting when playing the game?

Bump??

Share this comment

my sweet beloved treasured dear Rose, i was not banned for your mod in RDRO. i was actually banned because someone trolled me like this. 

it went exactly like this comment, "

Happened to me. Someone joined my posse and donated to my crafting table. I didn't think anything of it until 3 minutes later, it was still donating. All the donations were feathers. I figured it was glitched out, went about my gaming. About 15 minutes later it stopped, and soon after that I discovered my crafting table was full of materials. I tell you what, if I had to stop gaming and file a bug report every time I saw this game bug out, there'd be no time for gaming, so I just kept playing.

Next day I found I had a 30 day ban on my account. Rockstar bans can't be appealed or discussed of course, so I filed a bug report and let it go.

Share this comment

loving this fix for my 21:9 ultrawide but if I could make a request to add a new option and that is to have the black bars only appear when say on horse back and you trigger the cinematic camera, as it is right now if you start the game fresh and dont trigger any missions or talk to venders you will only get the black bars top and bottom BUT once you trigger a mission you get all borders come in (when not using this fix). I would like an option to remove all black bars everywhere else except for the cinematic camera (if even possible) or just an option to stop the side black borders would be great.

Cheers for your efforts. 

Share this comment

On 12/13/2019 at 8:59 PM, Harlehn said:

Hi, after the latest game update the filters in photo mode are broken while the black bars toggle is active.

Hi! Thanks for reporting the issue. I fixed it

Share this comment

30 minutes ago, Rose said:

Can you share a save file and tell me where to go to see that cutscene? Does pressing the alt toggle key not help?

That cutscene is when you go to sleep, I don't know if there's another one.

I tried F5 and F11 but still blurry.

Best wishes,

Jota.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, jota said:

That cutscene is when you go to sleep, I don't know if there's another one.

I tried F5 and F11 but still blurry.

Best wishes,

Jota.

Thanks for reporting it and telling me how to reproduce the issue.
I noticed that it also affected the game menu, though it wasn't as noticeable.
I hotfixed it.

rdr.png

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Rose said:

Thanks for reporting it and telling me how to reproduce the issue.
I noticed that it also affected the game menu, though it wasn't as noticeable.
I hotfixed it.

rdr.png

Now works fine, it' perfect!

Thanks for your job.

Best wishes,

Jota.

Share this comment

On 11/26/2019 at 11:09 AM, Adam s said:

Are you sure this doesnt contain virus? My protection program wont run it bec ause it says it has virus in it.

Hello everyone, I have the same problem. I used this lovely fix tool untill yesterday without any problem at all. Today Windows antivirus detect it as false positive and delete the .exe file as soon as I try to extract it again. The .exe file did not event goes in quarantene area, it simply dissapears. No metter if I add an exclusion in windows defender. 
To author: you did an amazing tool, I'd really like to use it again, but I'm stuck in this mess.  

Share this comment

1 hour ago, CloneProtocol66 said:

Hello everyone, I have the same problem. I used this lovely fix tool untill yesterday without any problem at all. Today Windows antivirus detect it as false positive and delete the .exe file as soon as I try to extract it again. The .exe file did not event goes in quarantene area, it simply dissapears. No metter if I add an exclusion in windows defender. 
To author: you did an amazing tool, I'd really like to use it again, but I'm stuck in this mess.  

You can see I haven't updated the tool very recently, so that must be related to a database update of the AV. I would suggest to keep trying to exclude it from its scans. Add the folder and file to the list. If that fails, add %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\cetrainers\ to the list of exclusions but make sure to remove it if you're to use trainers from people you don't trust.
Briefly disabling the AV and not downloading anything that may harm the PC is another option.

Share this comment