Red Dead Redemption 2 ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV mod

Message added by Andytizer

12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the in-game cutscenes, cinematic cameras, shops and a number of other areas at 21:9 and wider resolutions. Since version 2.0 it also removes pillarboxing from the photo mode. Since version 3.0, it allows for custom FOV adjustment.

Launch the game first, then the tool. The password for the archive is pcgw

As expected from a trainer based on CE components, this tool does get falsely flagged by some anti-virus software as a trojan, while the rest correctly mark it as a "hacktool".

Use the tool provided here at own risk and ideally avoid playing RDR Online without completely disabling the fix - especially the FOV hack.

Tested at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080. Additionally confirmed as working by two volunteers from WSGF.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 3.5   See changelog

Released

• Updated the photo mode code location that prevented the rest of the main (F5) script from working after the game update.
  • Slightly updated the UI.
  • No new features or changes.
  • We've had a good run since December 2019 through the updates!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

31 minutes ago, Rose said:

You can see I haven't updated the tool very recently, so that must be related to a database update of the AV. I would suggest to keep trying to exclude it from its scans. Add the folder and file to the list. If that fails, add %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\cetrainers\ to the list of exclusions but make sure to remove it if you're to use trainers from people you don't trust.
Briefly disabling the AV and not downloading anything that may harm the PC is another option.

Thank you for your answer Rose, you're great. I'll try in a few hours your suggestion. I suspect I'm not the only one who found this problem in the last 24/48 hours. A few hours ago I tried to fix it this way and it seems work, but it's very annoying: first launch the game, than WAIT UNTILL THE END OF THE PICS LOADING SCREEN, while in-game extract the file and run the exe. Be advised: the. exe extracted will dissappear sooner or later, so be quick. So your next game opening you'll have to re-extract the .exe. BASICALLY, repete the procedure above every time you launch rdr2. It's annoying BUT IT F. WORKS. 

Share this comment

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

Just joined to thank Rose for the mod but I'm having a problem.

The game crashes as soon as I press F3, I'm using the lastest version (3.4) and the game is up to date.

This is on Windows 7 x64 and the game is the Steam version.

The file is not in the game directory.

Is anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?

Share this comment

Thank you for that mod!

Now it became obvious why black bars were placed in console versions. Because of fps drops.

I've tried your mod in 4K and without black bars in cutscenes there are about 3-4 fps drops.

Share this comment

This is not working for me whenever I attempt to load the mod as instructed my screen gets blurry, starts to lag some kind of terrible and changing the FOV either way no weapons show up when selecting them in FPV then on top of that when I aim in my screen shows an image of water as if the camera has been sent under the ground. Such a shame.

Share this comment

@Rose Can we get an option to keep the top and bottom bars on for cinematic and still keep the side pillar boxes turned off?  There is a bug in the game where cinematic works correctly, but as soon as you go to a cutscene or vendor menu, The pillar boxes returned.  I sent Rockstar a video here: https://youtu.be/jXbWwZa-KhQ of the bug and after several weeks of back and forth, they concluded it was "by design" ugh. Thanks for you amazing work.

Share this comment

Hey, i just cannot get this to even launch, i have no idea why.

I've gone through the comments and have excluded all of the suggested folders from the windows firewall and have made sure it is in a excluded folder to launch from and have cleared the temp folder.
I also have the same problem with the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order ultra-wide fix as well, whats more peculiar is that one worked fine for a while up to a point where it just wouldn't launch either.
I also have never been able to use the trainer version of The Outer Worlds ultra-wide fix

Just in case it helps I'm running on 64x Windows 10 at 21:9 100refresh rate, 3440x1440, i also have no problems whatsoever running cheat engine itself, flawless widescreen or trainer and ultra-wide fixes from other creators.

Share this comment

I fixed the issue with turning on the custom FOV locking up the game.

I moved the fix to another folder (from my documents to a temp folder) and ran the progeam as administrator.

checking the 'always run this program as administrator' box didn't work, it still locks up the game but manually runnig the program as admin did work.

Thanks rose for this fix, I'm still hoping for a FOV fix like I had for GTA 5 at some point where I can set different FOV's for aim down sight etc. but in the meantime this makes the game far more playable in first person.

Share this comment

Yea. The game really needs to let us adjust FOV for different camera states, aiming down sights, when entering interiors, when drawing out weapons etc.

All this automatic back and forth auto-fov-adjusting is sometimes quite annoying.

Share this comment

I'm getting a blank/black screen in-game now as soon as I run the tool since last update.....  The game is still running in the background, but screen is completely blank 😞

Share this comment

23 minutes ago, fumanchu said:

I'm getting a blank/black screen in-game now as I run the tool since last update.....  The game is still running in the background, but screen is completely blank 😞

I got it just now without even running the tool, so it must be unrelated to it. Pressing alt+enter sorted it out.
Here's a reddit thread with similar reports.

The tool still works - I ran it after addressing the issue and tested the features.

Edit: Documented the issue and working fixes in the wiki article.

Share this comment

Sorry, you're right my mistake - wasn't your tool at all, took me a moment to realize it was indeed the game itself. Deleting the Settings folder to reset everything to default fixed it for me. Thanks again!

Share this comment

I was wondering, is there any way you can make it so that, in 21:9, the letterboxing effect remains for the horizontal bars but not for the vertical bars?

Share this comment

On 11/6/2019 at 9:50 AM, Wongmo said:

A quick heads up if anyone has issues in the chapter 2 mission "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego"...

I had this problem with the mission above, and I've just hit a similar one with the Prologue: Act I mission Jim Milton Rides, Again. When I get tackled in the barn and would have to fist fight the chief douchebag, I cannot punch. I can block/dodge and move around, but not punch. I have managed to get out weapons (which isn't supposed to be possible during fist fights) but I cannot use those either. 

Share this comment

52 minutes ago, BlankedyBlank said:

I had this problem with the mission above, and I've just hit a similar one with the Prologue: Act I mission Jim Milton Rides, Again. When I get tackled in the barn and would have to fist fight the chief douchebag, I cannot punch. I can block/dodge and move around, but not punch. I have managed to get out weapons (which isn't supposed to be possible during fist fights) but I cannot use those either. 

You are quoting from an old report of an issue that's been fixed for a couple of months now. It was very specific in that it only affected cutscenes - the UI would get removed but the cutscene wouldn't progress, allowing the player to move around freely instead. It did not affect interactive scenes where you can punch or shoot people.
The tool also does not rely on that operation anymore.

However, if you are absolutely certain that the issue is caused by the tool, not a game bug, you can send me your save file and tell me the steps I need to take to reproduce it.

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Rose said:

You are quoting from an old report of an issue that's been fixed for a couple of months now. It was very specific in that it only affected cutscenes - the UI would get removed but the cutscene wouldn't progress, allowing the player to move around freely instead. It did not affect interactive scenes where you can punch or shoot people.
The tool also does not rely on that operation anymore.

However, if you are absolutely certain that the issue is caused by the tool, not a game bug, you can send me your save file and tell me the steps I need to take to reproduce it.

Apologies - I wasn't clear; when I had the quoted issue it was before your fix existed. I was quoting now as I drew similarities between them. 

I've now tried again without loading the ultrawide fix at all (I couldn't be bothered to play through the mission a fourth time yesterday) and it still occurs, so it is unfortunately a game bug. 

Share this comment

@Rose

I was wondering, is there any way you can make it so that, in 21:9, the letterboxing effect remains for the horizontal bars but not for the vertical bars?

Share this comment

On 3/30/2020 at 1:14 AM, BlankedyBlank said:

For anybody else that has this issue and finds this thread, the workaround is to use the 'F' button (PC) to punch instead of LMB. 

Share this comment

Hi Rose ...
Any chance of an update for the tool?
It is no longer working for me since the latest patch ... Build 1232.56

Thank you ... Paul

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Hi Rose ...
Any chance of an update for the tool?
It is no longer working for me since the latest patch ... Build 1232.56

Thank you ... Paul

Every feature is still working on my end on the same build. I tested it right after the update a few days ago and then again today.
Make sure you have the latest version of the tool downloaded from here and that your anti-virus settings are not getting in the way.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Rose said:

Every feature is still working on my end on the same build. I tested it right after the update a few days ago and then again today.
Make sure you have the latest version of the tool downloaded from here and that your anti-virus settings are not getting in the way.

Thanks Rose ... I'll double check things my end.

Share this comment

Although I had the latest version I re-downloaded it and it works ... dunno what was wrong.
Sorry to have troubled you Rose and thank you for your helpful reply.

Share this comment

I play this game triple display and the only thing that bugs me is the map that is unreadeable. It's contracted so that everything is barely visible(cursors, names etc...)

Any one found a trick to solve this ?

Share this comment

There seem to be 2 odd things happening with the 3.4 v.

1. When aiming down sights there is a noticeable stutter.
2. When talking to a NPC the FOV goes wild and widens to weirdly large values.

Any tips or ideas on how this could be fixed? This didn't happen on previous versions of the tool, but I assume those come with their own problems if not using the latest version.

I am not running any other mods / tweaks / files / modifications to .ini files.

Share this comment

Hey Mate, amazing mod! Makes this game soo much better. Is there any chance that there is a way to save my FOV so that i dont have to set it up every time i open the game? Or even a way to enter an exact FOV or use a slider instead of counting how many times i need to click f8?

Share this comment

Hi everyone! 

Use it mod always but now starting facing a big problem.

WIth activated mod my game starts shuttering. And it has nothing to do with fps or core or gpu ( i checked ). It just shuddering and lag with activated mod!

Without it works flawless but i like to remove black bars so.... 

Someone has such issue? I Playing in 4K. Don't know maybe something with resolution incompability or what? 

Share this comment