Red Dead Redemption 2 ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV mod

Message added by Andytizer

12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the in-game cutscenes, cinematic cameras, shops and a number of other areas at 21:9 and wider resolutions. Since version 2.0 it also removes pillarboxing from the photo mode. Since version 3.0, it allows for custom FOV adjustment.

Launch the game first, then the tool. The password for the archive is pcgw

As expected from a trainer based on CE components, this tool does get falsely flagged by some anti-virus software as a trojan, while the rest correctly mark it as a "hacktool".

Use the tool provided here at own risk and ideally avoid playing RDR Online without completely disabling the fix - especially the FOV hack.

Tested at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080. Additionally confirmed as working by two volunteers from WSGF.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 3.5   See changelog

Released

• Updated the photo mode code location that prevented the rest of the main (F5) script from working after the game update.
  • Slightly updated the UI.
  • No new features or changes.
  • We've had a good run since December 2019 through the updates!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 12/11/2021 at 3:21 AM, greatxerox said:

i think you missed something because if i enable it in windows security, the program isn't deleted.

I don't know, I tried like 3 times. Every time I would allow it, or try to, it would already be deleted by the time I was done, if not before.

Share this comment

Thanks for the awesome mod 🙂

It works on Linux too (Steam + Proton), launching like this via protontricks (renamed the mod .exe for convenience):

env WINEESYNC=1 protontricks -c 'wine ~/Downloads/rdr2_uw.exe' 1174180

Share this comment

7 hours ago, alexp11223 said:

Thanks for the awesome mod 🙂

It works on Linux too (Steam + Proton), launching like this via protontricks (renamed the mod .exe for convenience):

env WINEESYNC=1 protontricks -c 'wine ~/Downloads/rdr2_uw.exe' 1174180

Happy to know! It's a great platform.

Share this comment

Could anyone tell me if this mod supports custom resolution?
I would like to put a resolution of 640x400 full screen (exclusive) here.
OBS: I use CRT monitor and I can put this resolution in all rockstar games except red dead 2.
NOTE2: The game seems to have a minimum resolution limitation that prevents any resolution below 1024x768 in full (exclusive) screen.

Share this comment

First of all, I want to thank you for making this wonderful mod. :D

But I have a little wish.

I want to be able to check the value of fov in this mod.

If you can't get the value in the game, I hope you can at least know how much value has changed due to this mod. (ex. now FOV = [ +10 ] ) ← Pressed F8 ten times.

Can you do that for me?

sry for my bad english. I used translator. thx :)

Share this comment

@Rose Hi I'm just come across this. Do you know what's the correct way to launch the game with multiple monitor with the tool? I've launched it successfully once across all 3 monitor but never getting any luck after that.

Share this comment

Just now, Paarthurdrax said:

How do you disable the fix and FOV hack when you want to play RDO?

Press the keys to toggle off the functions, then close the trainer if you like. In practice though, I've not heard of any ban reports for using it in Online but I can't see the future and what Rockstar may choose to do, so I have to tell you to disable it.

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, Rose said:

Press the keys to toggle off the functions, then close the trainer if you like. In practice though, I've not heard of any ban reports for using it in Online but I can't see the future and what Rockstar may choose to do, so I have to tell you to disable it.

Ok, thanks for getting back to me so quick! I've recently joined the 21:9 crew and was disappointed to see the photomode with black bars.

Defender did flag it as a hack tool but all I have to do is white list it to use it? 

Share this comment

Hi, i have no idea how to install these but i cant stand the black bars on cut scenes.

When i press download it brings up a google chrome store "Privacy keeper" i have only got this far , could you help with installing?

Thank you! 

Share this comment

Thank you so much for this! I just started playing the game for the first time... (actually bought it 6 months ago, but was too lazy to start xD)...and now I'm completely addicted. But whenever I saw any marvellous scenery, and I wanted to take a nice photo...the black bars were ruining my life. 😞 But now, that's gone, thanks to this tool. ❤️ Thank you so much!

Just run the .exe with the game running, and ez bam. Everything works best <3. Thank you, beyond much! 😄

Share this comment