Red Dead Redemption 2 ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV mod

Message added by Andytizer

12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the in-game cutscenes, cinematic cameras, shops and a number of other areas at 21:9 and wider resolutions. Since version 2.0 it also removes pillarboxing from the photo mode. Since version 3.0, it allows for custom FOV adjustment.

Launch the game first, then the tool. The password for the archive is pcgw

As expected from a trainer based on CE components, this tool does get falsely flagged by some anti-virus software as a trojan, while the rest correctly mark it as a "hacktool".

Use the tool provided here at own risk and ideally avoid playing RDR Online without completely disabling the fix - especially the FOV hack.

Tested at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080. Additionally confirmed as working by two volunteers from WSGF.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 3.5   See changelog

Released

• Updated the photo mode code location that prevented the rest of the main (F5) script from working after the game update.
  • Slightly updated the UI.
  • No new features or changes.
  • We've had a good run since December 2019 through the updates!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Okay so I just tried to deactivate the black bars right before I started the companion mission with Charles Smith in Horseshoe Overlook, and it said that I did do it by pressing F5 but when the cutscene started the black bars were still showing for whatever reason, and my monitor resolution is 2560x1440. Is there any reason why it's still showing? Thanks!

Share this comment

Just now, NUCLEARBLAST91 said:

Okay so I just tried to deactivate the black bars right before I started the companion mission with Charles Smith in Horseshoe Overlook, and it said that I did do it by pressing F5 but when the cutscene started the black bars were still showing for whatever reason, and my monitor resolution is 2560x1440. Is there any reason why it's still showing? Thanks!

Truthfully, I have not tested the trainer at 16:9 resolutions, as I focus on wider aspect ratios and the issue is much more relevant to those resolutions where it's not only top and bottom black bars as seen on consoles and intended by the developers from the start, but also side bars as you can see in the screenshots. All I can suggest at this time is trying the second option, which should be used before any cutscenes appear (not in real time).

Share this comment

For some reason this isn't working for me now, yesterday it did but now the black bars are still there in photo mode. Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks :D

Share this comment

Is it possible to play the whole game in cinematic mode? Even the shootings? I just want to play the game with black bars because I want to make some RdR2 movies and it's annoying that the black bars keep appearing and disappearing. I want them to always be there. Or always gone. My resolution is 1920x1080.

Share this comment

Just wanted to jump in here and say that i have been using flawless widescreen online since gta v's launch and i have never had a problem. has anyone used this tool online?

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Scondy said:

Is it possible to play the whole game in cinematic mode? Even the shootings? I just want to play the game with black bars because I want to make some RdR2 movies and it's annoying that the black bars keep appearing and disappearing. I want them to always be there. Or always gone. My resolution is 1920x1080.

You would have to configure a custom resolution in your graphics card driver settings of 1920x823. Then you could set this resolution in the game settings and your monitor/graphics card would display it with black bars. You should also use this fix when you do this. 🙂

Share this comment

Rose, could you please help me. I can't get the .exe to work. I have tried everything and I just want to play the game normally on my 21:9 monitor without the black bars in the cutscenes and cinematic mode.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Twenteforce said:

Rose, could you please help me. I can't get the .exe to work. I have tried everything and I just want to play the game normally on my 21:9 monitor without the black bars in the cutscenes and cinematic mode.

What steps did you take to try and get it to work? Did you make sure the anti-virus software is not in the way?

Share this comment

I launched the game and started my save file. Then I launched the .exe and returned to the game but no matter what I do, pressing F3 or F8 or something else, nothing happens and the black bars around the frame are still present. 

I have scanned the .exe with my anti-virus software (Windows Defender) and my Pc-clean-up-tool but they don't see it as a threat.

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Twenteforce said:

I launched the game and started my save file. Then I launched the .exe and returned to the game but no matter what I do, pressing F3 or F8 or something else, nothing happens and the black bars around the frame are still present. 

I have scanned the .exe with my anti-virus software (Windows Defender) and my Pc-clean-up-tool but they don't see it as a threat.

That looks like doing it correctly, though currently the button to remove the black bars is F5 or F11. Do the buttons function on your keyboard otherwise? Does the in-tool text turn green after you press the buttons? A short video of all the steps would be great to have. You can send it privately if you choose to do so

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Rose said:

That looks like doing it correctly, though currently the button to remove the black bars is F5 or F11. Do the buttons function on your keyboard otherwise? Does the in-tool text turn green after you press the buttons? A short video of all the steps would be great to have. You can send it privately if you choose to do so

what do you mean with the in-tool text? The tool doen't start a program. Could that be the problem?

Share this comment

Just now, Twenteforce said:

what do you mean with the in-tool text? The tool doen't start a program. Could that be the problem?

That suggests the anti-virus software is blocking it without notifying. You should see the window featured in one of the screenshots.

Share this comment

Yes, that must be the problemt then. I would like to thank you so much for your help :D. I will try to get the tool working and hope I can play the game properly. Again, thank you for your your help.

Share this comment

37 minutes ago, Twenteforce said:

Dunno if it will help but I had to run it as administrator to get to to work.

@Rose ... any comment on my earlier post about F5 only removing the bars from the sides or is that the difference between F5 and F11 in order to get past that cut scene loading bug?

Share this comment

Just now, Paul said:

@Rose ... any comment on my earlier post about F5 only removing the bars from the sides or is that the difference between F5 and F11 in order to get past that cut scene loading bug?

That behavior is consistent with what you can see in the tool descriptions, so you are correct.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Rose said:

That behavior is consistent with what you can see in the tool descriptions, so you are correct.

I was just reading that having just started the tool up and came back to apologize ... my bad for not reading thoroughly.
Thanks again!

Share this comment

Great tool. Thanks for the upload. Just want to chime in to say I'm looking forward to the day we have a permanent FOV solution. That and the vignette are the two biggest display issues with the game imo.

Share this comment

This mod has broken my menus.

In menus such as the wardrobe, it sets the camera to one extreme or the other

This

Or

This

And even with the mod disabled it still does it......

Edit: Loading the mod and pressing F3 to set it back to the default FOV fixes this.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, morosevacuum said:

Great tool. Thanks for the upload. Just want to chime in to say I'm looking forward to the day we have a permanent FOV solution. That and the vignette are the two biggest display issues with the game imo.

Yes the vignette effect really ruins the game for me

Share this comment

I wish I could have the default ugly vertical bars to let me play. I really have huge stretches out horizontally and cannot play at all. Wish this mod could include a aspect ratio fix as the old Flawless Widescreen program did for GTAV and others. 

Share this comment

Greetings, rose.

Is it possible to implement a "vertical-camera" option?

(Sry for posting twice. My comment option was bugging, oddly enough)

Share this comment

I'm having trouble with the ultrawide aspect ratio in the game. When displaying at 3440x1440 I just get the 2560x1440 image stretched horizontally :(

I'm wondering if this tool could have the ability to just adjust the horizontal FOV only, so I can fix the view I'm getting when playing the game?

Share this comment

Hello! I would just like to double check before I use this trainer: can the creator (and maybe anyone else that uses this and sees this comment) confirm that there have still been NO bans for using this? I am a bit wary of using a hacktool... I'll be careful not to use it online but I know companies have banned for less.

Thanks!

Share this comment

Just wondering if anybody knows what the FOV is when you have set to max in the game?  And how many times are you guys/gals pressing F8 when using the mod.  I was pressing it 15 times.  Than I went to 20 and that felt pretty good.  Any more than that and you start getting a fish eye effect.  Really just wish I could set to 90 or 100 in a config file and forget about it.  Or better yet, if it was actually included in the game?!?!  Wouldn't that be amazing.  The least they could do is give us actual values for the FOV in the menu instead of some random slider.  Thanks for this mod, makes playing in first person much more enjoyable!! Hopefully we can save our FOV in a future update.

Share this comment