5 Screenshots

About This File

This RAR file contains a modified client.dll and a Sanity Aiken's Artifact - FOV Fixer v1.3.exe intended to fix the FOV issue in Sanity: AIken's Artifact (2000), as the game's engine, LithTech 2.0, has Vert- scaling at wider resolutions than 4:3, and makes the game unplayable in many sections at aspect ratios wider than 16:9.

Instructions:

1. Extract both files to <path-to-game>/LITHTECH/, overwriting the original client.dll.

2. Run Sanity Aiken's Artifact - FOV Fixer v1.3.exe, set the desired resolution width and height to fix the FOV automatically, or set custom horizontal and vertical FOV values if desired.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

i've tested the 1.1 package and I think something went wrong when compressing the files.

1 - Almost all the  folders but 12x5 FOV have the size of  1,3 MB (1.291.967 bytes) and don't launch and  returns one message "ERROR - Could not launch CLIENT.EXE. Please make sure that Sanity is installed properly."

2 - The only working FOV patch that works is inside the 12x5 folder. The size of the file is similar to vanilla client.dll. (651,3 kB (651.264 bytes)). I've successfully played a bit with the 21x9 FOV.

Can someone tell the developer these findings?

Share this comment

22 minutes ago, taxakla said:

i've tested the 1.1 package and I think something went wrong when compressing the files.

1 - Almost all the  folders but 12x5 FOV have the size of  1,3 MB (1.291.967 bytes) and don't launch and  returns one message "ERROR - Could not launch CLIENT.EXE. Please make sure that Sanity is installed properly."

2 - The only working FOV patch that works is inside the 12x5 folder. The size of the file is similar to vanilla client.dll. (651,3 kB (651.264 bytes)). I've successfully played a bit with the 21x9 FOV.

Can someone tell the developer these findings?

I downloaded the RAR file and tested all aspect ratios with the 1.0 version and they work just fine, and I compressed them properly. Maybe some of the files aren't compatible with your version of Sanity.

Share this comment

How can I help you to find the problem? My copy is from Collection Chamber plus running on dgvoodoo on a wine bottle on Linux.

1 - If you look at the size of the 4x3 (original) folder is way over the original one. (This one don't open either. Seems wrong).
2 - The only that works for me is inside the 12x5 folder. Succesfully tested with 21x9 FOV.
3 - The size of the files is relevant?

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, taxakla said:

How can I help you to find the problem? My copy is from Collection Chamber plus running on dgvoodoo on a wine bottle on Linux.

1 - If you look at the size of the 4x3 (original) folder is way over the original one. (This one don't open either. Seems wrong).
2 - The only that works for me is inside the 12x5 folder. Succesfully tested with 21x9 FOV.

You need to install a different version then, I didn't use that one. And the files are just fine too, just double checked.

Share this comment

On 12/29/2023 at 2:19 PM, taxakla said:

I just tested the fix on that version (it's the US version i'm assuming), and all aspect ratios of the fix work just fine on it. Might be something wrong on your side then.

Share this comment

On 12/31/2023 at 1:07 PM, AlphaYellow said:

I just tested the fix on that version (it's the US version i'm assuming), and all aspect ratios of the fix work just fine on it. Might be something wrong on your side then.

Just found the reason of my problem: The default Linux Mint uncompressor has a bug where the resulting files are broken. Changing for PeaZip fixed everything and I played with this very version without the problems I reported before.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, taxakla said:

Just found the reason of my problem: The default Linux Mint uncompressor has a bug where the resulting files are broken. Changing for PeaZip fixed everything and I played with this very version without the problems I reported before.

Yeah, sometimes that happens. I've had that problem on Linux too before... glad it's fixed now 😅

Share this comment