Red Dead Redemption 2 ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV mod

Message added by Andytizer

12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the in-game cutscenes, cinematic cameras, shops and a number of other areas at 21:9 and wider resolutions. Since version 2.0 it also removes pillarboxing from the photo mode. Since version 3.0, it allows for custom FOV adjustment.

Launch the game first, then the tool. The password for the archive is pcgw

As expected from a trainer based on CE components, this tool does get falsely flagged by some anti-virus software as a trojan, while the rest correctly mark it as a "hacktool".

Use the tool provided here at own risk and ideally avoid playing RDR Online without completely disabling the fix - especially the FOV hack.

Tested at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080. Additionally confirmed as working by two volunteers from WSGF.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 3.5   See changelog

Released

• Updated the photo mode code location that prevented the rest of the main (F5) script from working after the game update.
  • Slightly updated the UI.
  • No new features or changes.
  • We've had a good run since December 2019 through the updates!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can the mod maker please make it clear what increments each press the FOV goes up or down to? Many people, including myself are wondering the same.

Thanks

Share this comment

I was just suspended for a month for using this software. Which is sad because this was seriously, genuinely my best 4 days of gaming my entire life- using your mod to play the game exclusively in 1st person and with no black borders. playing this atmospheric game in 1st person allows a much more direct experience. Looking from the ground into the moon and the trees silhoettes against the night sky is so much different than always tilting down towards my character, What a sad day. 

Share this comment

On 11/11/2019 at 7:26 PM, Chester400 said:

Just wondering if anybody knows what the FOV is when you have set to max in the game?  And how many times are you guys/gals pressing F8 when using the mod.  I was pressing it 15 times.  Than I went to 20 and that felt pretty good.  Any more than that and you start getting a fish eye effect.  Really just wish I could set to 90 or 100 in a config file and forget about it.  Or better yet, if it was actually included in the game?!?!  Wouldn't that be amazing.  The least they could do is give us actual values for the FOV in the menu instead of some random slider.  Thanks for this mod, makes playing in first person much more enjoyable!! Hopefully we can save our FOV in a future update.

i was hitting F8 30-40 times. 

Share this comment

On 11/9/2019 at 12:14 AM, AceNomad said:

Just wanted to jump in here and say that i have been using flawless widescreen online since gta v's launch and i have never had a problem. has anyone used this tool online?

i used flawless widescreen online for years as well without a problem. i was suspended for a month for using this mod in RDROnline.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, austin said:

i used flawless widescreen online for years as well without a problem. i was suspended for a month for using this mod in RDROnline.

That's what the warning in the description is for but can you provide a screenshot or any other verifiable information that specifically points at the tool as the reason? The Flawless Widescreen script for GTA V actually injects a lot more into the memory compared to this tool.

Share this comment

29 minutes ago, Rose said:

That's what the warning in the description is for but can you provide a screenshot or any other verifiable information that specifically points at the tool as the reason? The Flawless Widescreen script for GTA V actually injects a lot more into the memory compared to this tool.

Rockstar didn’t give me much of any explanation other than my character progression being completely reset and a ban for a month. My friend who played almost all of the same hours as me with the mod was also punished the same exact way. I told rockstar I’m cool with the suspension but if they don’t give me my damn progression it’s chargeback time. Did they really fucking need to reset dozens of hours of my grinding over me fixing the game’s 21:9 support???

Share this comment

I have not played Online much myself but I've used the black bars removal part of the mod in it and I'm not banned, though that function of the tool does not inject extra code at all, so in theory it is safer than the FOV part, let alone adjusting it in real time.

It would be good to hear from others that have already used the tool in the Online mode despite my warning. I want to know of their experience.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Rouss3l said:

Just reiterating the request of a few others here, can you please tell us the exact steps in the FOV increaser/decreaser?

Thank you in advance.

Yes Rose, thanks for your effort but could you please let us know the correct value for the FOV increments?

Thanks

Share this comment

3 hours ago, scorpgul said:

Yes Rose, thanks for your effort but could you please let us know the correct value for the FOV increments?

Thanks

it is 1 degree of FOV per f8. and the max fov is a comical 55. 

Share this comment

Brilliant mod, thank you so much! I actually like the cinematic to and bottom bars (in line with Rockstars's original intent I guess), but not the pillarboxing side bars. 

Is there a way to get that to work? It has actually happened a couple of times with the mod when my game has gone on the Fritz, but no idea how to replicate it...!

Thanks

Share this comment

On 11/9/2019 at 10:47 AM, Japo32 said:

I wish I could have the default ugly vertical bars to let me play. I really have huge stretches out horizontally and cannot play at all. Wish this mod could include a aspect ratio fix as the old Flawless Widescreen program did for GTAV and others. 

Not sure if this helps, but I saw this on a PC Gamer comment section:

Only thing I'll say is that this part:

"Borderless windowed and windowed modes are fine, but in fullscreen mode RDR2 just stretches a standard 16:9 aspect ratio image to the chosen resolution."

Isn't accurate, regardless of the API. I use DX 12, and it's just another bug. Whenever I start the game, I have to change it to Fullscreen mode. When I do that, it stretches the UI on my triple screen 5860x1080 resolution.

However, if I simply change Vsync to "ON" when I change the fullscreen mode, as soon as I turn it back OFF in full screen mode, the UI fixes itself. The image isn't stretched, and the UI stays constrained to the center monitor.

I play in fullscreen mode with a proper UI every time...until it crashes and I have to do the same thing all over again. I'll be waiting for some more patches to play it any more, but the UI stretching on wide resolutions is just another bug currently.

Share this comment

Really awesome mod, thank you! I particularly love the way you can remove those stupid cinematic bars. The game feels so much more seamless between gameplay and cutscenes. Hope there is a way in the future to permanently turn them off without having to run cheat engine.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Walter said:

Really awesome mod, thank you! I particularly love the way you can remove those stupid cinematic bars. The game feels so much more seamless between gameplay and cutscenes. Hope there is a way in the future to permanently turn them off without having to run cheat engine.

How? It worked for me in the v1.0 version but the F11 option is greyed out for me and even if I do press it, it does not work

Share this comment

The v1.0 version worked just fine before the November 14 update, now it does not anymore, so I downloaded the new version. When I press F5, the text changes to green, like it is supposed to I guess, but the version which removes the letterbox bars (which I want), is greyed out for me and even if I press F11, it does not work. What do I do wrong?

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, D-Tunez said:

How? It worked for me in the v1.0 version but the F11 option is greyed out for me and even if I do press it, it does not work

It's meant to be grayed out to imply it's optional.
Both buttons remove black bars and F11 can be used to completely remove the letterboxing at all resolutions.

Share this comment

24 minutes ago, Rose said:

It's meant to be grayed out to imply it's optional.
Both buttons remove black bars and F11 can be used to completely remove the letterboxing at all resolutions.

Thanks for your answer, but F11 does nothing for me, black bars are still coming in

Share this comment

Just now, D-Tunez said:

Thanks for your answer, but F11 does nothing for me, black bars are still coming in

Do the other buttons function? All I can think of is your anti-virus software being allowed to run the first versions but blocking the new.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Rose said:

Do the other buttons function? All I can think of is your anti-virus software being allowed to run the first versions but blocking the new.

Yes, the FOV Changer works fine for me

Share this comment

In private correspondence it turned out the hardware F11 key was not functional on D-Tunez' end, so I suggested using On-Screen Keyboard which can be easily found by searching for it on Windows. Click on the Fn key in the bottom left corner, then select F11 or any other key that may be physically broken.

In the future I will look into adding checkboxes to the tool UI to take care of issues of this nature.

Share this comment

If you get banned for fixing the game with this, just chargeback Rockstar. I just got my money back because I told my bank the game was claimed to be optimized for 21:9 and it just totally wasn't. 😀😁 

Share this comment

1 hour ago, austin said:

If you get banned for fixing the game with this, just chargeback Rockstar. I just got my money back because I told my bank the game was claimed to be optimized for 21:9 and it just totally wasn't. 😀😁 

Surefire way to get your whole rockstar account banned forever, barring you from access and making everything on your rockstar social club forfeit.

But you sure showed em!

Share this comment