12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the game at 21:9, 32:9, 48:9 and other wide resolutions.

1. Download and unpack the archive using software like 7zip or PeaZip. The password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game
  3. Launch the tool
  4. Press the "Enable" key
  5. While in the game, briefly switch to the Borderless or Fullscreen mode.
  6. Use the tool to manually adjust the UI size at 32:9 and wider resolutions.

Known issues:

• Stretched loading screens and rare FMVs.
  • Minor UI display and alignment issues. Use the UI adjustment keys if necessary.

The window mode switching requirement is also undesirable, hence the version number!
Tested the latest Epic version at 2560x1080, briefly at 3840x1080, 5760x1080, 5120x2160 and 7680x1080 on a single monitor.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 0.9.9   See changelog

Released

Fully automatic aspect ratio adjustment based on the screen size.
New screenshots to showcase the limitless width.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I seem to have stumbled across a bug. I use a separate drive for my games, and it seems that this throws off the application. I think that a similar error will occur once the Steam version is released later this month, and I would suggest setting up the mod to search within its own directory. This would mean that you place the mod within the same folder as DetroitBecomeHuman.exe, and it would work regardless of install location and where it is purchased from. 

image.png

Share this comment

1 minute ago, g_chachanidze said:

I seem to have stumbled across a bug. I use a separate drive for my games, and it seems that this throws off the application. I think that a similar error will occur once the Steam version is released later this month, and I would suggest setting up the mod to search within its own directory. This would mean that you place the mod within the same folder as DetroitBecomeHuman.exe, and it would work regardless of install location and where it is purchased from. 

image.png

It already does. It only looks for the process, regardless of the file location. What you are seeing is a Windows error message, not an app error message. It looks like a permissions issue or anti-virus software blocking it in your end.

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, Rose said:

It already does. It only looks for the process, regardless of the file location. What you are seeing is a Windows error message, not an app error message. It looks like a permissions issue or anti-virus software blocking it in your end.

You are absolutely right, my bad, Windows Defender was catching it, thank you for the quick response!

Share this comment

Hey! There is a problem with 3440x1440. Crosshair is shifted up a little, so it can't be aimed properly. Even F7-F8 doesn't help

20200619201446_1.jpg

Share this comment

5 hours ago, jr said:

Hey! There is a problem with 3440x1440. Crosshair is shifted up a little, so it can't be aimed properly. Even F7-F8 doesn't help

Hi. That is covered by "Minor UI display and alignment issues. " in the description. I know it can be a bit annoying but the issue is not game-breaking or frequent.

Share this comment

@Rose hey man, thanks for the app, good stuff. I don't know exactly how do you access the aspect ratio and ui scale settings but could you please also take a look at resolution scaling? The game uses quite a bit of VRAM. Even though I have 3440x1440, I don't play often recently released games and AAA titles, so I was fine with 4 GB. In this game, there are scenes that even 2560x1080 at 0.7 resolution scaling struggles to stay below 4 GB VRAM. I would like to adjust on the fly resolution scaling the same way its possible to adjust ui scaling. Could you implement that as well and also allow going below the 0.7 limit (down to like 0.5 or so)? Rendering UI at native res and scaling down game res is better than rendering the ui on low res and scaling it up. Cheers.

Share this comment

Hi, I'm having a issue with the Steam version, 32:9 5120:1440 crashing after turning within 30-1 minute, window just freezes, does not do this without the trainer, turned off Windows defender, ran as admin, etc cant figure it out..

Edit: It seems to happen when there is a next scene, for example, when transitioning to moving to the window in the first chapter "the negotiator is going in" and it crashes. 

Specs: b7g0znzzb5751.png

Share this comment

On 6/27/2020 at 9:03 AM, CrazyBebop said:

Hi, I'm having a issue with the Steam version, 32:9 5120:1440 crashing after turning within 30-1 minute, window just freezes, does not do this without the trainer, turned off Windows defender, ran as admin, etc cant figure it out..

Edit: It seems to happen when there is a next scene, for example, when transitioning to moving to the window in the first chapter "the negotiator is going in" and it crashes. 

I am having this issue too on the EGS version of the game. I wonder if an update has broken compatibility? It was working fine up until a few days ago. It may also be AMD related, I know that No Man's Sky has not been loading games at all on AMD hardware.

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, g_chachanidze said:

I am having this issue too on the EGS version of the game. I wonder if an update has broken compatibility? It was working fine up until a few days ago. It may also be AMD related, I know that No Man's Sky has not been loading games at all on AMD hardware.

The Epic version of the game has not had any updates since June 19 but there are reports of crashes from people that likely don't use the mod.
For example,

[RX480 / R5 1600x]

I cant even explain the issue, im right now at Jericho, but the game crashes every single time, at the same moment.

Nvidia driver 451.48 seems to cause the game to crash for me when the game was working perfectly fine before the update. Same missions I've played previously when revisiting crash shortly after. Kinda fucking annoying... I really liked the game and I'm only 2 hours into it 😞

Share this comment

3 hours ago, g_chachanidze said:

Reverting back to Nvidia driver 446.14 fixed it for me.

Share this comment

The fix still woks fine on the latest version (DRM free) from Epic Game Store.
Nvidia Driver 446.14. (I haven't checked on a newer driver version, as it doesn't really add anything new and interesting for me).

Share this comment

On 5/3/2020 at 4:12 PM, Helifax@WSGF said:

however, I noticed one major problem. The Depth of Field (DOF) doesn't scale with the fix. It's like the old 16:9 resolution is used to calculate it on a 32:9 Aspect Ratio.
Has anyone noticed this?

I can't say I see a difference in DoF rendering at 21:9 (I'm only testing in the opening scene), but I am noticing some effect disappearing when the camera is tilted down.. and this is without the game modified.

It starts as some diagonal shape at the bottom sides of the screen, then extends out more and more the further down the camera is tilted, with the entire top 1/4 of the screen looking completely different in some aspects.

Could just be my GPU drivers though; I'm using the Vulkan developer beta (for Cemu) and the game complains it's outdated (granted it is 4 releases old as NVIDIA only seem to have put out DCH drivers recently; I'm not on a DCH capable Win10 version) when I start it.  Not a big enough problem for me to switch to main release drivers and lose functionality in emulation though (yet).

Edit: Tested on latest Windows version with latest drivers; graphical oddity is still there.  Must just be some sort of rendering artifact with the game.

Edit2: I will say though, playing a bit more, the depth of field is ATROCIOUS.  Saying it's aggressive is an understatement.  Everything from 2 feet out is so blurry it looks like the game is rendering from half the resolution.  There's a few dozen threads about it on the internet, but nobody has any fix for the PC version to disable it, and some even refunded over it.

I can't stand depth of field (or chromatic aberration) in any game, no matter how it's used for cinematic effect, so this thing alone is driving me towards a refund as well.  Couple that with the excessive camera wobble and ugh.

Anyway, thank you Rose for another aspect ratio fix.  With most other players out of the business, so to speak, you're really the only hope we have for these things.

Share this comment

Hey Rose, is it possible at all for you to disable the Depth of Field blur? The game is essentially unplayable in my eyes which is a shame since your mod works perfectly for my setup! If it is possible, any idea how long it would take you?

Share this comment

On 4/29/2021 at 2:59 AM, Rose said:

I've looked into this on multiple occasions - first as early as the game's release week, sharing some possibly relevant code, then following your comments, finding even more strings related to DoF. I never fully dedicated myself to it to spend more than a couple of hours each time and I had no news to share, but now we have a solution, kudos to user Giofrida for posting it to the wiki article.

I unfortunately tried what they suggested by the depth of field was still there 😞

Nevermind, I am dumb, it works!

Share this comment

Hey Rose!

Cobrashey here (again:) 

In prep to play Resident Evil Village I downloaded Resident Evil 7 (the one set in Louisiana)

It is totally screwed up for 32:9 super ultrawide! Any help? I tried the HexEdit but all it does is stretch the game. I played the demo of Village and it looks beautiful in 32:9. Not sure why the first one is so weird looking.

Thanks for all your help.

Cobrashey

Share this comment

5 hours ago, cobrashey said:

Hey Rose!

Cobrashey here (again:) 

In prep to play Resident Evil Village I downloaded Resident Evil 7 (the one set in Louisiana)

It is totally screwed up for 32:9 super ultrawide! Any help? I tried the HexEdit but all it does is stretch the game. I played the demo of Village and it looks beautiful in 32:9. Not sure why the first one is so weird looking.

Thanks for all your help.

Cobrashey

Hi. The aspect ratio patcher was last updated in April. The latest version of the FOV trainer was also uploaded last month.

Share this comment

Thanks!

I got the aspect ratio patcher working, can you please help with FOV trainer?

I have it installed and when I run the game it doesn't change anything, even after I push one of the F keys. I have tried changing the FOV with the trainer before and during the game.

Any help is always appreciated!
C

Share this comment

hi there!

thank you for this amazing  mod.. i wonder is anyone else experiencing loads of crashes with the tool running? it seems to happen randomly even while in main menu or if its minimized?

any idea  what could be doing i t?

Share this comment

well as per 27-10-2021 on windows 11 the patcher wont open at all anymore... just wanted to play again but well scrap that with a squared game... any help would be appriciated

Share this comment