12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the game at 21:9, 32:9, 48:9 and other wide resolutions.

1. Download and unpack the archive using software like 7zip or PeaZip. The password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game
  3. Launch the tool
  4. Press the "Enable" key
  5. While in the game, briefly switch to the Borderless or Fullscreen mode.
  6. Use the tool to manually adjust the UI size at 32:9 and wider resolutions.

Known issues:

• Stretched loading screens and rare FMVs.
  • Minor UI display and alignment issues. Use the UI adjustment keys if necessary.

The window mode switching requirement is also undesirable, hence the version number!
Tested the latest Epic version at 2560x1080, briefly at 3840x1080, 5760x1080, 5120x2160 and 7680x1080 on a single monitor.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 0.9.9   See changelog

Released

Fully automatic aspect ratio adjustment based on the screen size.
New screenshots to showcase the limitless width.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is an incredibly good fix, Rose. You really widened the view properly (not just a 'zoom').

Funny thing is, in the main menu, you can see her face (at 16:9) kinda fall of the screen a bit, and properly positioned again in restored mode; almost as if widescreen was the originally intended mode.

Share this comment

This is amazing, and works great in Windows, but any suggestions on getting it to run in Linux? I can open the application using Wine, but functionality does not work at all. I assume because the application is naturally assuming you are using a Windows OS, and is searching for game installation files under a Windows structure. Wine creates a pseudo Windows structure, but is obviously a bit different. Of course, this was never meant to work this way, but any suggestions on potentially getting this working under Linux? Perhaps a way to hardcode installation file locations or some other workaround? Thanks!

Share this comment

4 hours ago, w00dy said:

This is amazing, and works great in Windows, but any suggestions on getting it to run in Linux? I can open the application using Wine, but functionality does not work at all. I assume because the application is naturally assuming you are using a Windows OS, and is searching for game installation files under a Windows structure. Wine creates a pseudo Windows structure, but is obviously a bit different. Of course, this was never meant to work this way, but any suggestions on potentially getting this working under Linux? Perhaps a way to hardcode installation file locations or some other workaround? Thanks!

Perhaps this would be of help.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Rose said:

Perhaps this would be of help.

Thanks, I missed that! Unfortunately my version is on Epic, but this might still help.

Share this comment

I worked out how to get this working in Linux, and it was far easier than I expected. I was attempting to run the .exe as a "Wine Windows Program Loader" and "winebrowser". Both of these resulted in the application opening as expected, but when pressing the hotkey to 'enable' I was not getting the green to indicate that it was running (probably because it wasn't...)

The solution, was running the .exe as a "wscript". I have absolutely no idea what the difference is between these three loaders, as they're all Wine, but obviously there's something. No need to run as sudo, no need to place the .exe in any special location. I also used Bless Hex Editor to fix the DoF issue. Looks amazing. Thanks, Rose.

Share this comment

50 minutes ago, abladeofgrass said:

Is this working with the current steam version still? I'm opening the tool after launch, and following the other steps with no change.

After reading through old comments, I found my issue. I also have a keyboard with F9 not enabled on default!

Share this comment

On 8/13/2022 at 8:15 PM, w00dy said:

The solution, was running the .exe as a "wscript". I have absolutely no idea what the difference is between these three loaders, as they're all Wine, but obviously there's something. No need to run as sudo, no need to place the .exe in any special location. I also used Bless Hex Editor to fix the DoF issue. Looks amazing. Thanks, Rose.

Hi @w00dy, what do you mean by wscript, how did you run it?

I have a Steam version and the tool launches via protontricks -c 'wine ~/Downloads/detroit......exe' 1222140
but F9 does nothing, no green.

Share this comment