Silent Hill 3 PC Fix by Steam006

About This File

Features:
Allow custom window resolutions
Allow custom rendering resolutions
Windowed mode
Borderless mode
Manual window positioning (For borderless windowed mode)
Disable Maximized Windowed Mode on newer Windows versions
Force VSync
Increase FOV
Decrease FOV in cutscenes
Display FMVs in 4:3 aspect ratio
Display FMVs in fullscreen
Disable safe mode
Options menu fix
Display 2D elements in 4:3
Display fullscreen pause menu
Depth of Field resolution increase
Shadow resolution increase
Inventory resolution increase
Status Screen resolution increase
Anisotropic Texture Filtering
Remove black bars
Remove borders in cutscenes
Modify fog complexity
Different framerate modes
Unlock Silent Hill 2 Easter eggs
Restore missing dialogue sound
Restore beta sound
Achievements
Redirect registry values from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
New save and load system
Support for Silent Hill 3 Trial Version
Wallhack (F1)
Disable DirectX Fog (F2)
Gamma control (F6, F7 and F8)

Install:
1. Copy all the files to your Silent Hill 3 install folder.
2. Configure your options in Silent_Hill_3_PC_Fix.ini. (Optional)
3. Start the game with sh3.exe.

Credits:
07151129 - sh3proxy
WidescreenFixesPack team

Password:pcgw

What's New in Version 2.6.2   See changelog

Released

Update 2.6.2:
Added missing text in the sewer level (English)
Updated d3d9on12 to match latest github commits
Improved performance in the Silent Hill town
Fixed original game bug that could cause performance issues on some PCs
Bug fixes

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Windows Security says that DLLInjector.exe had a trojan attached to it. I'm not sure if that was a false positive, but it said that Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CED was affecting it. The download did work, and it unzipped fine after the password, but I'm just trying to be wary. (Edit: fixed Win21 to Win32)

Edited by sanitycandy

Share this comment

the fix doesn't work for me, I copied all 4 files in the game's directory, launched dllinjector.exe and both processes (dllinjector and sh3) are running in the background (task manager) but nothing happens, the game doesn't load.

Without all these widescreen fixes, the game loads fine and i can change the resolution without issues in the options.

Share this comment

The fix is working fine with one exception, shadows are corrupted in some cutscenes. It only affects certain cutscenes, not all of them. I can reproduce a similar bug with shadows that affects the entire game, not just cutscenes, if I set a width/height rendering resolution that is different from the screen width/height. But no matter what I do I can't fix these specific cutscenes. I'm playing on a 1680*1050 (16:10) monitor, I've set the resolution size to 1680*1050, the rendering resolution to 1680*1050 as well. I tried to mess around with all the DOF and shadows resolution settings but nothing worked.

Here's a screenshot of what happens: 

c0f80ee0a27f1cccbdb3c2292046892e.jpg

The cutscene right before that one with the rollercoaster has no issues, and the following one with Heather and Douglas talking works fine as well. But that segment in between just won't work properly.

Share this comment

Disregard my previous post, I found the culprit. It was the anti-aliasing. For some reason I had an old GPU profile for the game that was forcing Super Sampling AA. Deactivating it solved the issue.

Share this comment

for me, it doesn't work, now my Windows 10 even says that there is a virus or unwanted file in the dllinjector.exe. Without these files, SH3 load fine, so the problem is not with the game or my system

Share this comment

It's a false postive. Probably setting off due to the generic name DLLinjector.exe pretty much looks like virus.exe to the antivirus lol. 

I'm having problems with the DOF, no matter what value I set it to.. it doesnt work. Does anyone else have this same issue?

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, sufu said:

It's a false postive. Probably setting off due to the generic name DLLinjector.exe pretty much looks like virus.exe to the antivirus lol. 

I'm having problems with the DOF, no matter what value I set it to.. it doesnt work. Does anyone else have this same issue?

maybe, anyway, the fix doesn't work for me, the game doesn't load (original DVD version) with it. Runs fine without.

Share this comment

Im having problems with glitchy shadows. I read very few cases like this and no solutions. It seems like shadows on cutscenes and during gameplay are off and broken, i tried messing with shadow resolution and every other option in the .ini file but it doesnt do anything for this particular problem. I've reinstalled the game and patch several times already. The problem still persists even without the patch.

If anybody had a similar problem and could fix it please let me know. Otherwise, thanks for the patch. Cheers. 

Share this comment

5 hours ago, mrbananaflower said:

Im having problems with glitchy shadows. I read very few cases like this and no solutions. It seems like shadows on cutscenes and during gameplay are off and broken, i tried messing with shadow resolution and every other option in the .ini file but it doesnt do anything for this particular problem. I've reinstalled the game and patch several times already. The problem still persists even without the patch.

If anybody had a similar problem and could fix it please let me know. Otherwise, thanks for the patch. Cheers. 

I just played it on PCSX2 up to meeting Angela, it doesnt have shadows in that cutscene, so it might be the game. Idk if this helps you

Share this comment

Thanks for replying, sadly the problem is during gameplay also and i think it happens only in the PC version. Im not sure, but i saw a video of pcsx2 emulation and shadows look smooth and not glitchy so i guess its the pc version or maybe my computer (i hope not). Thanks anyway, have a great day.

Share this comment

Hello,

I'm using this patch and everything appears to be running intended, with the exception of multisampling. I set it to 8 in the .ini file but the in-game visuals do not seem to reflect that. Are any further steps needed or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Share this comment

Is there anyway to change the name of the game executable and still use this? For example, renaming the game executable to "silenthill3.exe" and then changing the target in the DLLInjector.ini seems like it'd work, but it doesn't for whatever reason - the injector launches correctly but the game doesn't launch at all. Turning on the logging options in Silent_Hill_3_PC_Fix.ini doesn't seem to give anything to go off, the console simply saying "Silent Hill 3 PC Fix Started!" and then closing after a few seconds.

Share this comment

I think this fix works (if it's really working for some) on the US/North American version of the game (5 CD version).

I have the retail European (DVD version) of the game and it's doesn't work (DLLInjector launches but not the game)

Same goes with SH4, i have the European DVD version and I think those 2-3 widescreen fixes work only with the US version.

Can somebody confirm it please ?

Share this comment

@Steam006 Have you ever thought of implementing the features to preserve the 4:3 nature of the 2D and video elements (e.g. font, maps, FMVs) as ThirteenAG and Aero's SH3 Widescreen Fix mod does? I ultimately prefer your SH3 PC Fix due to the extra control and customization it provides, but forcing those aforementioned elements to stretch isn't ideal. I felt forced to switch.

Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, sufu said:

any plans to fix the weird DOF issue ? I think that would make this the definitive SH3 mod.

Which DOF issue do you mean? You can change it's resolution in the ini.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Steam006 said:

Which DOF issue do you mean? You can change it's resolution in the ini.

So I know that the DOF scales like this : 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096. I play in 4k, and the DOF is nonexistent. If I scale the DOF down with that scale you end up with DOF that's way too pixelated and looks bad, you scale it too far up it's not even present. There is no middle ground. Not sure how the PS2 handled it but when I play SH3 on PCSX2 in 4k the DOF is perfect. I guess this isn't a "huge" problem, but I feel like DOF adds a lot to the game. 

Share this comment

The latest update seems to include what Windows Defender recognizes as a trojan called CryptInject? I searched it and it seems to modify the Windows registry. Is this necessary for the new version of the patch?

Share this comment

On 12/19/2020 at 7:37 PM, iamdavid1993 said:

The latest update seems to include what Windows Defender recognizes as a trojan called CryptInject? I searched it and it seems to modify the Windows registry. Is this necessary for the new version of the patch?

False positive

Share this comment

Hey, 

Everytime i download and try to unpackage the zip file it doesn't work, saying theirs an error and it cant be unpackaged, any idea of how to get around this? 

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, pcgameznstuff said:

Hey, 

Everytime i download and try to unpackage the zip file it doesn't work, saying theirs an error and it cant be unpackaged, any idea of how to get around this? 

Well that's a lie, i've now got it working, but when i try and open silent hill 3 via DLLInjector it doesn't work, pls send help 

Share this comment