Kena: Bridge of Spirits ultrawide fixes

8 Screenshots

About This File

The small patcher removes the side black bars from the in-engine cutscenes and corrects the issue of reduced field of view when starting a new game.

Simply unpack the archive and follow the instructions of the tool to patch the game.

Tested the latest Epic Games Store version at 2560x1080, briefly at at 3840x1080 and 5760x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I had to make an account just to compliment you.

This file was uploaded minutes after the game came out. Like I get that this was probably a copy-paste deal of a fix from a different game. But you still managed to test it and take screenshots.

It's amazing. Keep up the good work!

Share this comment

2 hours ago, widescreen gaymer girl said:

I had to make an account just to compliment you.

This file was uploaded minutes after the game came out. Like I get that this was probably a copy-paste deal of a fix from a different game. But you still managed to test it and take screenshots.

It's amazing. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I had hours of early access to the game but still tried to hurry it up while also working to cover the game in the wiki article.

Share this comment

Thank you for the fix. But the file is detected as a virus by Windows Defender.

Does the fix can be applied by editing directly the exe file and modifying some HEX values ? If yes can you provide these value to change ?

Thank you

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, _canarizz_ said:

Thank you for the fix. But the file is detected as a virus by Windows Defender.

Does the fix can be applied by editing directly the exe file and modifying some HEX values ? If yes can you provide these value to change ?

Thank you

It's very common for game patches to trigger Windows antivirus. I'd recommend allowing it in Defender.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/0d994964e3cbfe117eb0cfcf0d765d24b13ad2f72229005ae5f72533d2bfaad2/detection

Share this comment

Hi, when I try to start the fix, after I selected the correct ".exe", it says "File not found or file access error" 

Share this comment

1 minute ago, xpy said:

Hi, when I try to start the fix, after I selected the correct ".exe", it says "File not found or file access error" 

Hello, I had same issue, it's because windows antivirus real time detection delete the file before it can be executed. I had to disable real time protection to allow the program execution, and it works fine

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, _canarizz_ said:

Hello, I had same issue, it's because windows antivirus real time detection delete the file before it can be executed. I had to disable real time protection to allow the program execution, and it works fine

I tried but it still give me the error 😞 

2021-09-22 17_06_02-Error.png

Share this comment

@Rose Great work once again! Thank you man! But do you maybe know a way to force this game into exclusive fullscreen mode on nvidia surround? I noticed on a lot of UE Games that one can´t play them in ultrawide resolutions without switching to borderless windowed mode. I think I would experience a performance boost if I could play in exclusive fullscreen. Thank you for any information on this!

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, sergeant synth said:

@Rose Great work once again! Thank you man! But do you maybe know a way to force this game into exclusive fullscreen mode on nvidia surround? I noticed on a lot of UE Games that one can´t play them in ultrawide resolutions without switching to borderless windowed mode. I think I would experience a performance boost if I could play in exclusive fullscreen. Thank you for any information on this!

After switching to exclusive fullscreen and closing the game, you could try manually setting the ResolutionSizeX and ResolutionSizeX values in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Kena\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

Share this comment

On 9/22/2021 at 11:06 AM, xpy said:

I tried but it still give me the error 😞 

2021-09-22 17_06_02-Error.png

Hi xpy, it's because it's looking for a file in the D drive with the path shown in the image above. You need to first verify the path is correct meaning go to your D drive find the games folder, then inside that find the binaries folder then win64 folder and then look for a file named Kena-Win64-Shipping.exe. I had the same issue and it's because i installed the game in a different location so i had to change it by clicking on the browse button and manually finding the document and then clicking Open for it to find the file.

Share this comment