6 Screenshots

About This File

1. Unpack the archive and put the "ultrawide" (for 21:9) or "superwide" (for 32:9) folder in "mods" within the main game folder.
  2. Launch the game and enable the mod by checking its box
  3. Quit the game
  4. Open %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Nolla_Games_Noita\save_shared\config.xml in a text editor and change internal_size_w="1280" to internal_size_w="1707" (for 21:9) or internal_size_w="2560" (for 32:9)
  5. Launch the game again - the mod should be working now!

Tested on the latest Steam version at 2560x1080, 3840x1080, and 5120x1440.

You can buy me a coffee. Mod mirrored here.

What's New in Version 1.7   See changelog

Released

Flickering line removal attempt.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Lightning is broken playing with the latest patch (update #8) on 3440x1440.

https://imgur.com/a/wL3uVxm

Well maybe not broken because 3440x1440 isn't mentioned on the tested resolutions so maybe it requieres a different "internal_size_w="?

Edit: Forgot to add my game is on Steam

Edited by JacKV16

Share this comment

On 12/19/2019 at 7:28 PM, JacKV16 said:

Lightning is broken playing with the latest patch (update #8) on 3440x1440.

https://imgur.com/a/wL3uVxm

Well maybe not broken because 3440x1440 isn't mentioned on the tested resolutions so maybe it requieres a different "internal_size_w="?

Edit: Forgot to add my game is on Steam

It's broken for me as well, though the "internal_size_w" parameter isn't the problem.  That said, the correct value for 3440x1440 is 1720, not 1707 (2560x1080 and 3440x1440 are both referred to as 21:9, but they aren't actually the same aspect ratio, nor are either of them actually 21:9, hilariously).  With 1707 in the file, you will see a small and pretty insignificant sliver of black bars at the left and right side of the screen.

This lighting issue is likely a problem for everyone.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, Oopy Doopy said:

This lighting issue is likely a problem for everyone.

Not for me or the other PCGW editor I asked to test for the lighting issue for me. I still can't find a way to reproduce it in order to look into it.

Here's a 5120x1440 screenshot from my earlier testing, suggesting it's not caused by 1440p resolutions either:

fDRVIdd.png

Could it be specific to the Steam version?

Share this comment

21 hours ago, Rose said:

Not for me or the other PCGW editor I asked to test for the lighting issue for me. I still can't find a way to reproduce it in order to look into it.

Could it be specific to the Steam version?

Oh, very strange.  I do have the steam version as well.  Since I purchased on humble, I'll download the DRM free version as well to test and report back.

EDIT: It's still not working with the Humble version.  I also tried running true fullscreen at 2560x1080 with the correct width for said resolution and it still isn't working.  Is there anything I can do to help you figure this out?

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Oopy Doopy said:

Oh, very strange.  I do have the steam version as well.  Since I purchased on humble, I'll download the DRM free version as well to test and report back.

EDIT: It's still not working with the Humble version.  I also tried running true fullscreen at 2560x1080 with the correct width for said resolution and it still isn't working.  Is there anything I can do to help you figure this out?

Thanks for the continued feedback and offering to help. A while ago I had a user share their config file with me but it completely matched mine, so I had no idea what was wrong.

I had another look at the game today and it turned out that it was indeed a global issue and I either didn't notice it earlier or it didn't occur for some reason.
I updated the mod to hopefully put this particular issue to rest - tested at all the listed resolutions again.
There are still a couple of unrelated imperfections I'm aware of and I might try to fix them in the future as well.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Rose said:

Thanks for the continued feedback and offering to help. A while ago I had a user share their config file with me but it completely matched mine, so I had no idea what was wrong.

I had another look at the game today and it turned out that it was indeed a global issue and I either didn't notice it earlier or it didn't occur for some reason.
I updated the mod to hopefully put this particular issue to rest - tested at all the listed resolutions again.
There are still a couple of unrelated imperfections I'm aware of and I might try to fix them in the future as well.

Thank you for taking another look at it!  This update works great for me at 3440x1440.

Share this comment

Thanks for your work on this mod. Unfortunately even with the fix I am still having lighting issues. However, this may be due to the fact that I am using the mod to run at a 16:10 resolution as opposed to an ultrawide. The "fog-of-war clearing" light seems to be a little bit higher than my character. Any ideas on parameters I can change to move that position?

Share this comment

Great mod and tnks a ton!

Problem, dunno if its just me: https://imgur.com/yIPqJYs

Notice the sky color is being displayed in a line on top of the screen (from top center extending all the way to the sky in top right corner)

Basically, as I move around, the top or botton (or both) will display a line "mirroring" the color of what should be further away in that direction (either above or below) of the gameworld.

I tried editing some values around but no luck, is there any trick or editing to fix that?? Thanks for any help!

Running at 2560x1080 Steam version.

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, h1ms3lfito said:

Great mod and tnks a ton!

Problem, dunno if its just me: https://imgur.com/yIPqJYs

Notice the sky color is being displayed in a line on top of the screen (from top center extending all the way to the sky in top right corner)

Basically, as I move around, the top or botton (or both) will display a line "mirroring" the color of what should be further away in that direction (either above or below) of the gameworld.

I tried editing some values around but no luck, is there any trick or editing to fix that?? Thanks for any help!

Running at 2560x1080 Steam version.

Thanks. It's a known issue but I haven't thought up a way to fix it yet. It's rather minor but can probably get annoying. Is it?

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Rose said:

can probably get annoying

Hell yes! =]

But since it is a known issue I should stop trying to fix it on my end.
Can probably get rid of that with some black tape at top and botton of the monitor... xD

Thanks again!!

Share this comment

On 2/19/2020 at 1:47 PM, h1ms3lfito said:

Hell yes! =]

But since it is a known issue I should stop trying to fix it on my end.
Can probably get rid of that with some black tape at top and botton of the monitor... xD

Thanks again!!

You could use reshade's border shader to black out a couple rows of pixels at the top of the screen.  Setting the size ratio to 2.41 seems to do the trick at 3440x1440

Share this comment

Getting a notification when installing the mod that it's out of date. Also getting restarts between games due to the mod sometimes? On 3440x1440.

Share this comment

16 minutes ago, hydroptix said:

Getting a notification when installing the mod that it's out of date. Also getting restarts between games due to the mod sometimes? On 3440x1440.

I see no major changes to the base game code for the warning to matter. Debug lines aside, there is one localization string introduced and one UI damage offset slightly changed. Regardless, I added the new strings to the mod just now.
How do you know that it's the cause of the restarts?

Share this comment

I'm not seeing the issues on my end on the latest GOG version today. The Steam version of the game has not been updated since the month of the GOG update in April 2021 either.

image.thumb.png.610d9e0afade4851357f16c071f7943c.png

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Rose said:

I'm not seeing the issues on my end on the latest GOG version today. The Steam version of the game has not been updated since the month of the GOG update in April 2021 either.

image.thumb.png.610d9e0afade4851357f16c071f7943c.png

Can I download the GOG version without paying for it since I bought the steam version?

Share this comment

Can you add some documentation as to what configurations the mod makes, so people can customize it?
I've got a multi-monitor setup, and I am trying to see if I can get Noita to span across 3 screens (10720x1440, windowed).

That would sort of be amazing.

Share this comment

On 6/7/2022 at 12:53 AM, incontinent_concubine said:

Can you add some documentation as to what configurations the mod makes, so people can customize it?
I've got a multi-monitor setup, and I am trying to see if I can get Noita to span across 3 screens (10720x1440, windowed).

That would sort of be amazing.

Maybe you've already solved this, or something else needs to be done, but it seems in the config.xml the values for internal_size_w and internal_size_h are half of your native resolution (meaning the game is internally running at a quarter of your native resolution).

I used a normal 16:9, 2560x1440 screen before and for me those variables were set to 1280 and 720. I've just upgraded to a ultrawide screen, 24:10, 3840x1600, so I just divided both numbers by 2 and changed the values to 1920 and 800.

If it works the same way for you, it would be internal_size_w="5360" and internal_size_h="720".

I have no idea if there's a setting for some scaling options, which let you run the game at a higher internal resolution, or maybe you can just increase the internal resolution to native, but I haven't checked yet.

Here's also a reddit comment, that uses the mod to run the game at 4:3 on a CRT. They also needed to change the mod for sky and fog offsets, no idea if you'd need to do something like that as well.

Share this comment

Hey! im having an issue with this mod on Steam on a 2560x1080 monitor, where liquids and fire effects seem to render below the actual pixels:

image.gif.ee8de07393bcf41df8314289d3d26d73.gif

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, blackoes said:

Hey! im having an issue with this mod on Steam on a 2560x1080 monitor, where liquids and fire effects seem to render below the actual pixels:

I couldn't reproduce at the same resolution. Do you have any other mods installed? Did you follow every step of the instructions?

Share this comment

18 minutes ago, Rose said:

I couldn't reproduce at the same resolution. Do you have any other mods installed? Did you follow every step of the instructions?

I have other mods installed, but none activated.

I think the issue occurs after activating and deactivating your mod. The black boarders ingame are gone and the water effects stay but are broken. I assume thats because i didnt change/remove the config file for the mod, because when i remove the config file in save_shared, its back to normal Noita

Share this comment

I've got the mod working as intended, but I'm trying to customize it, and I'm having trouble. I've spent the past 6 hours trying to reverse engineer this, and determine what these values actually do, and after everything, it's still not making sense to me.
The questions I'm trying to figure out:

What settings control the size of the game window?
What settings control the scale of the game?
What settings control the scale of the UI?

What's going on with the shaders file? Why do those values need to be altered, and what is their relationship to the game resolution?

Here's my work on the process:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BfVQkNKPckonjmzTmP1n4yRu0havLBCiAYUIY-2iBB4/edit?usp=sharing

If @Rose can chime in, and share their experience, I would greatly appreciate it.

Share this comment