Jump to content

PCGamingWiki will soon migrate to a Single Sign On (SSO) system to bridge Wiki and Forum accounts, please read our FAQ.

6 Screenshots

About This File

  1. Unpack the archive and put the "ultrawide" (for 21:9) or "superwide" (for 32:9) folder in "mods" within the main game folder.
  2. Launch the game and enable the mod by checking its box
  3. Quit the game
  4. Open %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Nolla_Games_Noita\save_shared\config.xml in a text editor and change internal_size_w="1280" to internal_size_w="1707" (for 21:9) or internal_size_w="2560" (for 32:9)
  5. Launch the game again - the mod should be working now!

Tested the latest GOG version at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5120x1440.

You can buy me a coffee here.


What's New in Version 1.6   See changelog

Released

  • Changes to work around the commonly reported issue of poor lighting around the character.
  • Additional lighting changes.



User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Lightning is broken playing with the latest patch (update #8) on 3440x1440.

https://imgur.com/a/wL3uVxm

Well maybe not broken because 3440x1440 isn't mentioned on the tested resolutions so maybe it requieres a different "internal_size_w="?

Edit: Forgot to add my game is on Steam

 

 

Edited by JacKV16

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 7:28 PM, JacKV16 said:

Lightning is broken playing with the latest patch (update #8) on 3440x1440.

https://imgur.com/a/wL3uVxm

Well maybe not broken because 3440x1440 isn't mentioned on the tested resolutions so maybe it requieres a different "internal_size_w="?

Edit: Forgot to add my game is on Steam

 

 

It's broken for me as well, though the "internal_size_w" parameter isn't the problem.  That said, the correct value for 3440x1440 is 1720, not 1707 (2560x1080 and 3440x1440 are both referred to as 21:9, but they aren't actually the same aspect ratio, nor are either of them actually 21:9, hilariously).  With 1707 in the file, you will see a small and pretty insignificant sliver of black bars at the left and right side of the screen.

This lighting issue is likely a problem for everyone.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Oopy Doopy said:

This lighting issue is likely a problem for everyone.

Not for me or the other PCGW editor I asked to test for the lighting issue for me. I still can't find a way to reproduce it in order to look into it.

Here's a 5120x1440 screenshot from my earlier testing, suggesting it's not caused by 1440p resolutions either:

fDRVIdd.png

Could it be specific to the Steam version?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rose said:

Not for me or the other PCGW editor I asked to test for the lighting issue for me. I still can't find a way to reproduce it in order to look into it.


Could it be specific to the Steam version?

Oh, very strange.  I do have the steam version as well.  Since I purchased on humble, I'll download the DRM free version as well to test and report back.

EDIT: It's still not working with the Humble version.  I also tried running true fullscreen at 2560x1080 with the correct width for said resolution and it still isn't working.  Is there anything I can do to help you figure this out?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oopy Doopy said:

Oh, very strange.  I do have the steam version as well.  Since I purchased on humble, I'll download the DRM free version as well to test and report back.

EDIT: It's still not working with the Humble version.  I also tried running true fullscreen at 2560x1080 with the correct width for said resolution and it still isn't working.  Is there anything I can do to help you figure this out?

Thanks for the continued feedback and offering to help. A while ago I had a user share their config file with me but it completely matched mine, so I had no idea what was wrong.

I had another look at the game today and it turned out that it was indeed a global issue and I either didn't notice it earlier or it didn't occur for some reason.
I updated the mod to hopefully put this particular issue to rest - tested at all the listed resolutions again.
There are still a couple of unrelated imperfections I'm aware of and I might try to fix them in the future as well.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rose said:

Thanks for the continued feedback and offering to help. A while ago I had a user share their config file with me but it completely matched mine, so I had no idea what was wrong.

I had another look at the game today and it turned out that it was indeed a global issue and I either didn't notice it earlier or it didn't occur for some reason.
I updated the mod to hopefully put this particular issue to rest - tested at all the listed resolutions again.
There are still a couple of unrelated imperfections I'm aware of and I might try to fix them in the future as well.

Thank you for taking another look at it!  This update works great for me at 3440x1440.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

    • By Rose
      Use the included patcher to target BeyondTwoSouls.exe.
      Alternatively, download and unpack the included trainer with software like PeaZip (password is pcgw) and apply the fix after launching the game.
      This will turn the gameplay and menu FOV from vert- (less vertical) to hor+ (more horizontal).
      The few pre-rendered cutscenes and the tutorial sprites will remain vert-, while the loading screens and bonus artwork will be stretched.
      Tested at 3840x1080 and 5760x1080.
      You can buy me a coffee here.
    • By Rose
      Unpack the archive with software like 7zip or PeaZip (password is pcgw), then use the trainer to modify the game FOV in real time.
      Make sure to run the game first to let the program detect it.
      Any tool based on CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.
      Tested the EGS version kindly provided by cheswick of /r/ultrawidemasterrace.
      You can buy me a coffee here.
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 213 Guests (See full list)

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Member Statistics

    4,892
    Total Members
    3,870
    Most Online
    David Mansilla
    Newest Member
    David Mansilla
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...