10 Screenshots

About This File

The tools for Microsoft Store/Game Pass, Steam, GOG, and potentially other game versions remove black bars from the game at 48:9 and wider, also correcting the vertical field of view at 21:9 and wider to match that of 16:9.

1. Unpack the archives with software like 7zip or PeaZip using the password pcgw
  2. Launch the game and set Panini Projection to off in Advanced Display settings.
  3. Launch the trainer and press the button as instructed.

All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

image.png.ed0ad78d9511a3c47f1a56044f8329a0.png

What's New in Version 2.1   See changelog

Released

Implemented a solution to tackle FOV reduction at the first split screen cutscene and similar scenes. Thanks to esteady1 for the continued feedback and the testing.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Haha! You managed to get it working, my version? Awesome! At least I am really glad it helped 😄 I have my Alienware Area51m in pieces for 2 days, trying to change the heatsink with a custom made vapor chamber :)) Was basically taking all my time :))

Share this comment

Wow, this game is a total showcase of what the community can do. It looks outstanding in super ultrawide.

I have donated to both authors. Thanks so much!

FYI, I will donate generously for a good Nioh 2 Super Ultrawide/triple monitor fix. My most anticipated game of this year. My favorite genre, hard core japanese melee action.

Jackfuste's fix for the original was a serious labor of love. He kept improving it and improving it until it was nearly flawless. Centering of UI was essential for such a fast paced game. Miss that guy... hope he's ok and just moved on to other things.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, esteady1 said:

Wow, this game is a total showcase of what the community can do. It looks outstanding in super ultrawide.

I have donated to both authors. Thanks so much!

FYI, I will donate generously for a good Nioh 2 Super Ultrawide/triple monitor fix. My most anticipated game of this year. My favorite genre, hard core japanese melee action.

Jackfuste's fix for the original was a serious labor of love. He kept improving it and improving it until it was nearly flawless. Centering of UI was essential for such a fast paced game. Miss that guy... hope he's ok and just moved on to other things.

Do you want to buy the game for Rose?

We can split 50/50. It's about $40 here: https://www.cdkeys.com/nioh-2-the-complete-edition-pc-steam

I've had Nioh 2 on PS4 Pro for a while but never got around to playing it. Now that I have a 32:9 monitor, I'd rather play it on PC.

Share this comment

13 hours ago, esteady1 said:

Here is a save file for a scene with trainer 1.2 where at 48:9, the scene is clearly zoomed out well beyond intention.

SaveGameData_1.sav 6.33 MB · 3 downloads

Fixed this issue specific to split-screen and particularly prominent at 48:9 in the latest version. There was a game effect that multiplied the current FOV depending on which object is active, which caused a severe FOV increase at very wide resolutions.

Share this comment

14 hours ago, wyclef said:

Do you want to buy the game for Rose?

We can split 50/50.

I try to avoid accepting offers of this nature, as there is no way to know what's to expect. Every single game has its own code, so one could end up being really complex, while there would be a lot of pressure to complete the fix. It's the fastest way to burning out.

I also have been quite busy with The Medium and the PCGW coverage of Werewolf, putting in many hours of work and hardly getting any sleep as of late. It's a double-edged sword, as I'm also happy with the community interest in this one and the benefits to users of all setups.

Thanks for trusting in my ability to fix the game though. Anything is possible but it's all a matter of time.
On that note, I saw conversations on the WSGF Discord about a Nioh 2 fix being available already, so you may want to look it up.

Share this comment

Here's 1.2.5 in the one area of the game I have found that still has FOV not as expected.

If we get no better than this though, totally playable.

20210206154722_1.jpg

20210206154925_1.jpg

20210206155028_1.jpg

Share this comment

On 2/7/2021 at 2:54 AM, esteady1 said:

Here's 1.2.5 in the one area of the game I have found that still has FOV not as expected.

If we get no better than this though, totally playable.

As you know from Discord, version 1.3.1 of the trainer addressed this issue, so I'm just informing the community that it should now be fixed - as tested by you!

Share this comment

On 2/6/2021 at 10:38 PM, Rose said:

I try to avoid accepting offers of this nature, as there is no way to know what's to expect. Every single game has its own code, so one could end up being really complex, while there would be a lot of pressure to complete the fix. It's the fastest way to burning out.

I also have been quite busy with The Medium and the PCGW coverage of Werewolf, putting in many hours of work and hardly getting any sleep as of late. It's a double-edged sword, as I'm also happy with the community interest in this one and the benefits to users of all setups.

Thanks for trusting in my ability to fix the game though. Anything is possible but it's all a matter of time.
On that note, I saw conversations on the WSGF Discord about a Nioh 2 fix being available already, so you may want to look it up.

I completely understand. I was thinking of it as more of a gift without any binding requirements, but I could see how it could give you a lot of stress.

Thank you so much for putting in all the hours and take a break if you can. I worked as a dev until a year ago too so I know how that desire to get to the bottom of a bug can keep you up till morning. Of course I trust your ability since I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near as complicated as The Medium plus there was a patch for Nioh 1 which uses the same engine.

On that note, there's already a patch out like you said and it works reasonably well (fork of Nioh 1 patch): https://github.com/Filoppi/Nioh2Resolution

Share this comment

Bon boulot,

Mais ça ne marche pas chez moi, 3 écrans pour une résolution de 7680x1440.

J'ai l'impression que le F5 ne s'active pas. J'ai testé avec les version game pass 1.4, 1.3.1 et 1.2.5.

Une solution ?

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, amon said:

Bon boulot,

Mais ça ne marche pas chez moi, 3 écrans pour une résolution de 7680x1440.

J'ai l'impression que le F5 ne s'active pas. J'ai testé avec les version game pass 1.4, 1.3.1 et 1.2.5.

Une solution ?

Does the text turn green in the trainer after you press F5 with the game already running and in the menu? I tested it again at 48:9 today and it was working as intended.

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Rose said:

Does the text turn green in the trainer after you press F5 with the game already running and in the menu? I tested it again at 48:9 today and it was working as intended.

Il ne passe pas au vert quand j’appuie sur le F5

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, amon said:

Il ne passe pas au vert quand j’appuie sur le F5

I'm not sure what's up then. My game version is 1.3.10.0 on Game Pass but the trainer should work with other versions too. I tested it on GOG just a day or two ago as well. If this were related to your anti-virus software, you'd probably not be able to run the program at all, though you could still try disabling it. Also make sure that your F keys are functional. I've had people report issues with other solutions while having physically broken keys.

Share this comment

16 minutes ago, Rose said:

I'm not sure what's up then. My game version is 1.3.10.0 on Game Pass but the trainer should work with other versions too. I tested it on GOG just a day or two ago as well. If this were related to your anti-virus software, you'd probably not be able to run the program at all, though you could still try disabling it. Also make sure that your F keys are functional. I've had people report issues with other solutions while having physically broken keys.

Antivirus désactivé, apparemment les touches F marche, le F9 pour changer le profile fonctionne

Share this comment

Bonne nouvelle,

J'ai réussi a le faire fonctionner.

J'avais 1 problème avec yamicsoft windows 10 manager, impossible a le lancer pour faire 1 nettoyage de base de registre. une fois réparé et la base de registre nettoyé,

j'ai icue qui viens d'activer la synchro des led avec le jeu.

C’était 1 problème de base de registre.

Si ça peux aider pour d'autre 😉

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, gassybiz said:

Windows Defender says the unzipped file is a Trojan horse. How can I know this isn’t malware/serious threat?

Assuming you don't trust me, which you shouldn't, pack it into an archive with infected as the password and send it as a false positive to the vendor (Microsoft in this case) and check back for the analyst response in a day or two, then check for Windows updates to get the latest malware definitions.

Share this comment

Hello. Thank you for your work. I much enjoyed your trainer for Deliver us the Moon. 🙂

I can't get this to work, though. There's no option called Panini Projection under Advanced display settings so I can't be sure if it's turned on or off. When I launch the game, and then the "The Medium Ultrawide - Microsoft Store - 2.0" exe, nothing happens when I press F5 in-game (I own the UWP version)

Share this comment

Just now, seaclean said:

Hello. Thank you for your work. I much enjoyed what your trainer for Deliver us the Moon. 🙂

I can't get this to work, though. There's no option called Panini Projection under Advanced display settings. And when I launch the game, and then "The Medium Ultrawide - Microsoft Store - 2.0" exe, nothing happens when I press F5 in-game.

Hi. Update the game to the latest version (1.2) or use the See changelog button to download a previous version of the trainer made for an older game version.

Share this comment

12 hours ago, Rose said:

Hi. Update the game to the latest version (1.2) or use the See changelog button to download a previous version of the trainer made for an older game version.

Hi. Thanks for your swift reply. Microsoft Store notes that my version is 1.4.25.0 and there doesn't seem to be a later update for me to download.

EDIT: Wait, I just booted the game and saw the option. I think the game hadn't updated on my first try. Thanks, Rose. 🙂 Much appreciated.

Share this comment