7 Screenshots

About This File

Note: A standalone solution for the Director's Cut edition is now available.

The tools allow for support of any display aspect ratio and real-time FOV adjustment in Death Stranding. The gameplay and engine-rendered cutscenes will properly fill the screen, while the state of the pre-rendered cutscenes will depend on the used solution.

Option 1:
A trainer automatically detecting any resolution and allowing to make the zoomed pre-rendered cutscenes 16:9. Left alignment of the pre-rendered cutscenes is a known issue. The tool also allows to adjust FOV at any aspect ratio.

1. Unpack the archive - the password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game, followed by the trainer
  3. Press the desired keys - ideally from the main menu and before any cutscenes
  4. Go to Graphics Settings and select your resolution under 21:9
    Correcting the aspect ratio may require switching to 16:9 in Graphics Settings, then back to 21:9.

Option 2:
The known ultrawide solution made into patchers limited to common wide resolutions and keeping the pre-rendered cutscenes zoomed.

Tested on the latest Steam version at 1920x1080, 2560x1080, 3440x1440, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080 (HUD is spanned).

I may have been the first to discover the common sense aspect ratio change solution (as seen on the WSGF Discord), but I am certainly not the one who published the bytes first (looks like it was FasterThanFTL). As such, I am not taking any credit for the patchers but you can buy me a coffee or support me on Patreon for the trainer built over many hours of 100% unique research, calculations and code.

What's New in Version 2.2.1   See changelog

Released

• A tiny change to potentially improve the longevity of the tools.
  • Microsoft Store trainer created.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

9 minutes ago, koolaidfizz said:

Cant download the latest trainer (2.1) it gives an XML FIle does not appear to have any style information

The server admin pointed at a possible encoding issue, so I figured it could be related to the service not accepting parentheses in file names, so I just renamed the files and reuploaded. Downloading works for me now.

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, Rose said:

The server admin pointed at a possible encoding issue, so I figured it could be related to the service not accepting parentheses in file names, so I just renamed the files and reuploaded. Downloading works for me now.

It works for me now, Thank You! 🙂

Share this comment

Hi, I'm having an issue, i've just started the game, and while everything is fine ingame, some cutscenes are on the right side of the screen (left just black). while most of the cutscenes are totally fine and 5120x1440?.. 

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, ne0nboy said:

Hi, I'm having an issue, i've just started the game, and while everything is fine ingame, some cutscenes are on the right side of the screen (left just black). while most of the cutscenes are totally fine and 5120x1440?.. 

Please read the description of Option 1. Most cutscenes are rendered in real time.

Share this comment

28 minutes ago, Rose said:

Please read the description of Option 1. Most cutscenes are rendered in real time.

thanks for the speedy reply. So there's no way around it?.. I mean it's a small price to pay i guess! would be fine if  it  was at least centered instead of to the left. but oh well!

(Just noticed i got my left and right mixed up in my initial post)

Share this comment

I have created a simple batch program to automatically launch and enable Rose's Death Stranding display mod together with the game (including automatic keystrokes: F5, F6 and F7).
I decided to share it for anybody's convenience. 🙂

Download the .ZIP from here:  https://mega.nz/file/ASB1XI6L#1Z-lNWLLKpNvIb8GEdOXmXkIbHwUiYWyM9b3WZrehJ8
The folder can be stored anywhere you like, as long as all contents stay inside.
Instructions are included.

Share this comment

Windows Security detects the trainer as a severe threat when I unpack it from the archive. Has anyone else experienced this? 

EDIT: Found a solution that worked for me. See below.

Share this comment

Just now, Shrimpless said:

Windows Defender detects the trainer as a severe threat when I unpack it from the archive. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Yes

Share this comment

22 hours ago, Rose said:

Yes

VirusTotal reports 41/71 engines detecting the trainer as malware. I sent the file to Microsoft and their system flagged it as malware as well. I also ran it through HybridAnalysis and the trainer trips two out of three of their checks as well as their sandbox. This is all in addition to Windows Defender and MalwareBytes reading the trainer as malware.

I understand that Cheat Engine trainers are often mistaken for malware, but that is a truly astounding number of red flags. Is your suggestion that anyone interested in this mod should just ignore all of those warnings? 

EDIT: Found a solution that worked for me. See below.

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Shrimpless said:

VirusTotal reports 41/71 engines detecting the trainer as malware. I sent the file to Microsoft and their system flagged it as malware as well. I also ran it through HybridAnalysis and the trainer trips two out of three of their checks as well as their sandbox. This is all in addition to Windows Defender and MalwareBytes reading the trainer as malware.

I understand that Cheat Engine trainers are often mistaken for malware, but that is a truly astounding number of red flags. Is your suggestion that anyone interested in this mod should just ignore all of those warnings? 

Microsoft's initial scan is based on the current definitions. Wait for their analyst response.

CE trainers containing its components are not just often treated as malware but always are. You can generate a completely empty trainer right now and check it with VirusTotal to see how it fares.

My suggestion is to do what you feel is right though. I lose nothing when somebody chooses not to use any of my solutions but I'm glad if it helps.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Rose said:

Microsoft's initial scan is based on the current definitions. Wait for their analyst response.

CE trainers containing its components are not just often treated as malware but always are. You can generate a completely empty trainer right now and check it with VirusTotal to see how it fares.

My suggestion is to do what you feel is right though. I lose nothing when somebody chooses not to use any of my solutions but I'm glad if it helps.

GOT IT WORKING! Mod is functioning flawlessly and is a huge improvement to the base game. Fantastic job.

I downloaded the 2.0 version of the trainer, which is the oldest version that still includes the FoV fix. I was only looking for the FoV fix, so it doesn't matter to me whether the resolution changes work or not. Version 2.0 still trips some engines on VirusTotal, but significantly fewer - 29/71 as opposed to 41/71.  Windows Defender also doesn't recognize it as a threat, so I was comfortable trying it out. Works perfectly. 

Thanks for all your hard work!

Share this comment

Just now, Shrimpless said:

GOT IT WORKING! Mod is functioning flawlessly and is a huge improvement to the base game. Fantastic job.

I downloaded the 2.0 version of the trainer, which is the oldest version that still includes the FoV fix. I was only looking for the FoV fix, so it doesn't matter to me whether the resolution changes work or not. Version 2.0 still trips some engines on VirusTotal, but significantly fewer - 29/71 as opposed to 41/71.  Windows Defender also doesn't recognize it as a threat, so I was comfortable trying it out. Works perfectly. 

Thanks for all your hard work!

I've sent some of my files to Microsoft, while some of the others may have been sent by others and later removed as false positives. I may have done it to version 2.0 too. You can check back on your submission regarding 2.1 later as well. Either way, it's good you found a solution that you feel comfortable with.

Share this comment

have some of you ever checked the exe at Virus Total?

Aware VirusTotal Scan by ROSE:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/e89e5b81081de333ff3b6fe0ff023f5bcbb31529bba1a8dc62658bc76d0aa947/detection

i have programmed a new Fix that not manipulate the game while the runtime

The Widescreen Fix for the Steam Version, not tested with Epic Store Release... maybe it work too.

The Fix detects your nativ Monitor (0) Screen Resolution
and highlight it automatically in the Aspect Ratio List

before you add the Aspect Ratio Fix, the Tool create a
backup from your original ds.exe if you check the box.

Information:

for the first time, Windows Defender may let you know, that
the exe is unsafe. The only messy problem for the first run:
the Widescreen Fix is not digital signed and recognizable
for Microsoft. thats all

VirusTotal scan by our UHD FIX at:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/27aa2514a65938ad6b41e81c2039bc2b70c26c3cf2ab6cbdb080f844795c1155/detection

Aware VirusTotal Scan by ROSE:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/e89e5b81081de333ff3b6fe0ff023f5bcbb31529bba1a8dc62658bc76d0aa947/detection

This fix must not run after starting the game: Death Stranding.

run our Fix, browse to the game exe if not automatically found: ds.exe
select ýour desired Aspect Ratio or leave the highlighted, hit the Button - enjoy the game without black bars.

shouts to ROSE and FasterThanFTL

If you have or need more Resolution Fixes for this game, feel free to get in contact.

over and out

udg 2021

info.jpg

DeathStranding_Widescreen_Fix_udg2021.rar

Edited by udg

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, heliot said:

👍 Perfect.Thank you very much. Works perfectly👌 32/9 nice

which FIX? my fix and if it's so: can you let me know which Resolution.

thanks

Share this comment

On 3/14/2021 at 7:35 PM, udg said:

which FIX? my fix and if it's so: can you let me know which Resolution.

thanks

i tried the old version before and it worked for me, FMVs were not centered but atleast i could see the whole picture.

now i tried your fix and it seems to work, atleast i could select my resolution under 21:9 ingame -> 5120x1440 (which actually is 32:9 but i guess the game only knows 16:9 and 21:9). looked good so far, can't tell anything about FMVs as i haven't seen any since i tried your patch.

just a slight suggestion: once patching is done, a small confirmation message would be cool as i didn't know if your patch just worked or is still doing it's thing etc.

thanks for the patch btw ^^

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, mightyhasenpups said:

just a slight suggestion: once patching is done, a small confirmation message would be cool as i didn't know if your patch just worked or is still doing it's thing etc.

thanks for the patch btw ^^

yes you're right. i have added a message, see the Image above.

have a nice weekend

Share this comment

Hello guys, is there a way to play this game at 1800p (3200 x 1800) I know the game does not support custom resolutions, I am playing on 27inch 4k display.

Share this comment

Just now, derik-for-real said:

Hello guys, is there a way to play this game at 1800p (3200 x 1800) I know the game does not support custom resolutions, I am playing on 27inch 4k display.

The last fixbox here.

Share this comment

On 2/6/2021 at 5:53 PM, Rose said:

Uploaded your archive here as a comment, unchanged. Thanks.

Death Stranding Combo-Launch for Rose's Display Mod.zip 1.65 kB · 59 downloads

Hi,

I just registered here to let you know that this is flagging up totally clean in virus total now. *edit* just realised the zip only contains batch etc. rather than the trainer, not to worry!*

*edit2* Fix itself shows clean too, thanks!

Also, thanks for the fixes! I'm going to try this with my Epic version now.

Share this comment

On 2/6/2021 at 6:08 PM, popkorn95 said:

I have created a simple batch program to automatically launch and enable Rose's Death Stranding display mod together with the game (including automatic keystrokes: F5, F6 and F7).
I decided to share it for anybody's convenience. 🙂

Download the .ZIP from here:  https://mega.nz/file/ASB1XI6L#1Z-lNWLLKpNvIb8GEdOXmXkIbHwUiYWyM9b3WZrehJ8
The folder can be stored anywhere you like, as long as all contents stay inside.
Instructions are included.

Th@nks @ popkorn95 *

Edit " dskeypress.vbs " extra Lines give a Stable Fixed Fov for every GamePlay . . . nice .

WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{F4}"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{F4}"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{F4}"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{F4}"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{F4}"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{F4}"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{F4}"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{F4}"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{F4}"
WScript.Sleep 1000
WshShell.SendKeys "{F4}"
WScript.Sleep 1000

Share this comment

Hey, I was able to use an older version of the mod to adjust the fov, but after a restart the mod has stopped working. Now when I extract the files into a filder the winrar has an access denied error, this happens with all versions of the mod.

Share this comment

Just now, wyrd said:

Hey, I was able to use an older version of the mod to adjust the fov, but after a restart the mod has stopped working. Now when I extract the files into a filder the winrar has an access denied error, this happens with all versions of the mod.

Looks like your antivirus software blocking it. See this article if you use Defender.

Share this comment