7 Screenshots

About This File

Note: A standalone solution for the Director's Cut edition is now available.

The tools allow for support of any display aspect ratio and real-time FOV adjustment in Death Stranding. The gameplay and engine-rendered cutscenes will properly fill the screen, while the state of the pre-rendered cutscenes will depend on the used solution.

Option 1:
A trainer automatically detecting any resolution and allowing to make the zoomed pre-rendered cutscenes 16:9. Left alignment of the pre-rendered cutscenes is a known issue. The tool also allows to adjust FOV at any aspect ratio.

1. Unpack the archive - the password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game, followed by the trainer
  3. Press the desired keys - ideally from the main menu and before any cutscenes
  4. Go to Graphics Settings and select your resolution under 21:9
    Correcting the aspect ratio may require switching to 16:9 in Graphics Settings, then back to 21:9.

Option 2:
The known ultrawide solution made into patchers limited to common wide resolutions and keeping the pre-rendered cutscenes zoomed.

Tested on the latest Steam version at 1920x1080, 2560x1080, 3440x1440, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080 (HUD is spanned).

I may have been the first to discover the common sense aspect ratio change solution (as seen on the WSGF Discord), but I am certainly not the one who published the bytes first (looks like it was FasterThanFTL). As such, I am not taking any credit for the patchers but you can buy me a coffee or support me on Patreon for the trainer built over many hours of 100% unique research, calculations and code.

What's New in Version 2.2.1   See changelog

Released

• A tiny change to potentially improve the longevity of the tools.
  • Microsoft Store trainer created.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

3 minutes ago, Rose said:

Looks like your antivirus software blocking it. See this article if you use Defender.

hey thanks for the very fast response, does the latest file come with the fov adjuster? also im using AVG.

Share this comment

Thanks for creating this. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work for me. I launch the game then launch the trainer, press F5 and  F6 but don't see the text light up green as with the FOV section and the aspect ratio and resolution are not available in the game menu. Any idea why this is happening?

Share this comment

4 hours ago, jccalifornia said:

Thanks for creating this. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work for me. I launch the game then launch the trainer, press F5 and  F6 but don't see the text light up green as with the FOV section and the aspect ratio and resolution are not available in the game menu. Any idea why this is happening?

There is a separate trainer for the Director's Cut, as linked from the first line of the description. Beyond that, I'm not sure what could be the issue. I have both of the game versions installed and I don't remember the original getting any updates since I last tested it.

Share this comment

Whenever I try to download this chrome stops it, then when I override chrome windows defender jumps in and says its a virus and detects Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and deletes it immediately, and even if I wanted to I can't seem to override this one.

What is going on, I thought it was said that this was certified with windows now and wouldn't be giving alerts.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, KoolaidtheRED said:

Whenever I try to download this chrome stops it, then when I override chrome windows defender jumps in and says its a virus and detects Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and deletes it immediately, and even if I wanted to I can't seem to override this one.

What is going on, I thought it was said that this was certified with windows now and wouldn't be giving alerts.

It's an updated version, so it's a newly compiled file. It would have to be sent to Microsoft again or you can add it to a folder excluded from scans.

Share this comment

hi rose ive having trouble with the fov f3 and f4 go green when i press them but theres no change in game and f5 f6 f7 are unresponsive plase help

Share this comment

On 8/26/2023 at 5:10 PM, jh said:

It doesn't work with newer versions. I need update support thank you

Every single feature works on my end, as tested today on the latest Steam version.

Share this comment

16시간 전에 로즈가 이렇게 말했습니다.

오늘 최신 Steam 버전에서 테스트를 위해 모든 단일 기능이 제가 원했기 때문에 작동합니다.

나는 과거에 이 프로그램을 사용하여 게임을 플레이하는 환경을 경험하고 있습니다.
지금 작동하지 않는 프레임워크와 필수 설치 프로그램이 있습니까?

최신 버전은 2023년 4월에 업데이트가 있습니다

Share this comment

It was possible to change the fov using the cheat engine table in nexus mod.
However, as a 32:9 user, cutting off the top and bottom screens in cutscenes seems to be too big a factor in the game experience.

I had a great Death Stranding experience using this program a year ago, and I wanted to feel it again, but all of my notebook PCs f5 f6 do not work

Share this comment

I noticed something odd while testing.
I own the normal Death Stranding version of the epic version, but the non-director's cut version normal version worked.
But the Steam version of the director's cut version of the game does not work.

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, jh said:

I noticed something odd while testing.
I own the normal Death Stranding version of the epic version, but the non-director's cut version normal version worked.
But the Steam version of the director's cut version of the game does not work.

The separate fix for the Director's Cut version is linked from the first line of the description.

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, Rose said:

Director's Cut 버전에 대한 별도의 수정 사항은 설명의 첫 번째 줄에 연결되어 있습니다.

thank you so much

I didn't know that there was a separate file for the director's cut edition.

The icon shape is different from the regular version and the director's cut, but I couldn't confirm it

Share this comment

Greetings!

First of all, thanks for your amazing work!

I play with 3 screens at 5760x1080 and everything works fine except that the HUD is cut both to the left and to the right. Especially the HUD to the right is anoying because of the partly unreadable hints and messages. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks again!

Best regards

Maurice

Edited by szenario21

Share this comment