7 Screenshots

About This File

Note: A standalone solution for the Director's Cut edition is now available.

The tools allow for support of any display aspect ratio and real-time FOV adjustment in Death Stranding. The gameplay and engine-rendered cutscenes will properly fill the screen, while the state of the pre-rendered cutscenes will depend on the used solution.

Option 1:
A trainer automatically detecting any resolution and allowing to make the zoomed pre-rendered cutscenes 16:9. Left alignment of the pre-rendered cutscenes is a known issue. The tool also allows to adjust FOV at any aspect ratio.

1. Unpack the archive - the password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game, followed by the trainer
  3. Press the desired keys - ideally from the main menu and before any cutscenes
  4. Go to Graphics Settings and select your resolution under 21:9
    Correcting the aspect ratio may require switching to 16:9 in Graphics Settings, then back to 21:9.

Option 2:
The known ultrawide solution made into patchers limited to common wide resolutions and keeping the pre-rendered cutscenes zoomed.

Tested on the latest Steam version at 1920x1080, 2560x1080, 3440x1440, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080 (HUD is spanned).

I may have been the first to discover the common sense aspect ratio change solution (as seen on the WSGF Discord), but I am certainly not the one who published the bytes first (looks like it was FasterThanFTL). As such, I am not taking any credit for the patchers but you can buy me a coffee or support me on Patreon for the trainer built over many hours of 100% unique research, calculations and code.

What's New in Version 2.2.1   See changelog

Released

• A tiny change to potentially improve the longevity of the tools.
  • Microsoft Store trainer created.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, ahmlet said:

Hi, I`m playing with epic store version, but the trainer is not working

I’m playing with steam version but

you have to launch the game and after the trainer. when you are on game menu press F5 and F6 key and go to game option change 16/9 to 21/9 and new resolution appears choose the best for you and apply now you can load save or launch a new game

tip when you press F5 and F6 the text on trainer change to green

you have to do this every time you start the game 

i hope that help you ...

Share this comment

1 hour ago, deltawp said:

I’m playing with steam version but

you have to launch the game and after the trainer. when you are on game menu press F5 and F6 key and go to game option change 16/9 to 21/9 and new resolution appears choose the best for you and apply now you can load save or launch a new game

tip when you press F5 and F6 the text on trainer change to green

you have to do this every time you start the game 

i hope that help you ...

ok, did that but the text is not green, it seems it doenst detect the game

Share this comment

i use 3840x1620 aspect ratio 2,37:1

but i get max 3360x1440p then upscaling....so death stranding is locked to 1440p vertical max resolution?

Share this comment

1 minute ago, akira fudo said:

i use 3840x1620 aspect ratio 2,37:1

but i get max 3360x1440p then upscaling....so death stranding is locked to 1440p vertical max resolution?

No, as it allows for 2160p as well but it does seem to only support the common height values. You could try downsampling from 2160p if your PC can handle it.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Rose said:

No, as it allows for 2160p as well but it does seem to only support the common height values. You could try downsampling from 2160p if your PC can handle it.

i have a 43" 16:9 and i use 3840x1620 custom 21:9 resolution...how i can do downsampling from this? u mean dsr? i dislike dsr cuz the associated filter.

maybe is the my first game with locked resolution...all games always accept all resolutions :/....im fine with horizon zero dawn and this use the same engine

Share this comment

26 minutes ago, Rose said:

Just set it as the desktop resolution for the while.

done few try...

death stranding let you choose only 16:9 or 21:9 so haven't auto like horizon zero dawn...and is a perfect 2,33:1 aspect ratio...for this let me set max 3360x1440p

if i create and set desktop with 3840x1620 (2,37:1) or 3840x1600 (2,4:1) or 3836x1644 (perfect 2,33:1) ingame im always locked to 3360x1440p, around i have read digitalfoundry too have speaked on locked resolution in death stranding. so i guess i can't solve this atm without play it with a bit upscaling or in my full 4k 16:9 😕

Share this comment

hi this has been working great for me and i have been enjoying the game in 32:9 at 5120x1440 p but today its stopped working i suspect thers been a new patch 😕

Share this comment

42 minutes ago, m4chine said:

hi this has been working great for me and i have been enjoying the game in 32:9 at 5120x1440 p but today its stopped working i suspect thers been a new patch 😕

I tested the trainer right after the update and just now. Each feature is still working on my end.
As for the patchers, they need to be re-applied because the executable got updated.

Share this comment

Thanks for the Trainer!

Since the last update, my resolution (5120x1440) is not selectable anymore. Do have an idea on how to fix it?

Furthermore, how does one create such a trainer? I know how to program, but I don't know where to start looking in this regard. (I've managed to fix Witcher 2 by editing the *.exe with a hex editor, but I would also like to know how to create these trainers.)

Edit: Deleting the exe and revalidating seemed to fix it. Nvm, still curious on how to create these trainers though.

Share this comment

Just now, azulath said:

Thanks for the Trainer! Since the last update, my resolution (5120x1440) is not selectable anymore. Do have an idea on how to fix it?

Furthermore, how does one create such a trainer? I know how to program, but I don't know where to start looking in this regard. (I've managed to fix Witcher 2 by editing the *.exe with a hex editor, but I would also like to know how to create these trainers.)

Hi. Are you using the latest version of the trainer?
As for your other question, the simplest way would be to generate it in Cheat Engine.

Share this comment

Thanks for the answer!

It seems the strikethrough happened too late. I don't have this issue anymore 🙂

So, just CheatEngine and that's it? And then look for the known Hex Values and replace them? (Is there a guide somewhere or is this more trial and error based? When I adjusted W2, I adjusted if to my aspect ration. You on the other hand seem to fix it for each and every aspect ratio.)

Share this comment

41 minutes ago, azulath said:

So, just CheatEngine and that's it? And then look for the known Hex Values and replace them? (Is there a guide somewhere or is this more trial and error based? When I adjusted W2, I adjusted if to my aspect ration. You on the other hand seem to fix it for each and every aspect ratio.)

I disassemble, then create scripts of varying degrees of complexity to memory inject based on my goal. There are a lot of tutorials on reverse engineering and Cheat Engine but I can't recommend any one in particular, as my knowledge is based on common sense, trial and error indeed.

Share this comment

Both Option 1 files (steam and epic) are being flagged as trojans by my windows defender (as of Oct 2, 2020 - version 2.0.3). As soon as I unzip the files, the alarms go off and it deletes them.

Option 2 does not get flagged.

I have an older version of option 1 that worked. I was just trying to upgrade, but I think I'll stick with the old one for now.

Share this comment

On 10/3/2020 at 5:09 AM, zapotopaz said:

Both Option 1 files (steam and epic) are being flagged as trojans by my windows defender (as of Oct 2, 2020 - version 2.0.3). As soon as I unzip the files, the alarms go off and it deletes them.

Option 2 does not get flagged.

I have an older version of option 1 that worked. I was just trying to upgrade, but I think I'll stick with the old one for now.

You can submit the file to Microsoft or other AV vendor depending on what you use to have them no longer flag it as malicious. Someone or I might have done it with the first version but it's impractical to do it every time.

Share this comment

whenever i have tried to open the trainer nothing has appeared and it just asks for permission everytime i open it but nothing happens. I thought something was going on with my antivirus blocking the stuff so i deleted my anti virus but now when i try and open the program it tells me that a virus may be in the file and wont allow me to open it. And when i turned off windows defender for a second and opened it still nothing happened so im very confused why nothing has popped up on my screen after opening it.

Share this comment

On 10/8/2020 at 9:07 AM, coolioalmost said:

whenever i have tried to open the trainer nothing has appeared and it just asks for permission everytime i open it but nothing happens. I thought something was going on with my antivirus blocking the stuff so i deleted my anti virus but now when i try and open the program it tells me that a virus may be in the file and wont allow me to open it. And when i turned off windows defender for a second and opened it still nothing happened so im very confused why nothing has popped up on my screen after opening it.

same thing happening to me

Share this comment