azulath

This is a copy of the my comment on the DX:MD page and it was suggested to seek support here as well. I would like to know is there is a way to get 32:9 (5120x1440) to work without black bars? I tried editing the executable with HxD and also tried search for the aspect ratio with cheatengine to adjust the known values but nothing seems to work.

Furthermore, why does the article show green for ultrawide, even though it doesn't work?

Considering WSGF list ultra-widescreen as supported (although with some glitches), it seems just nobody tested 32:9 (especially that a major releases of these monitors happened a year after the game was released) and all tests were done on 21:9, so that might be why it lists ultra-widescreen  as supported... cause it does, just not 32:9 aspect ratio.

I don't know if it's the same, but it seems like it is actually latterboxed to 21:9 on 32:9 - 

Which as a programmer I could actually imagine how it could have happened.

Sorting this would require writing some kind of hack, cause I doubt we can get Square Enix to invest some money to make another patch.

5 hours ago, azulath said:

Shouldn't it then be indicated, like only partially supported?

Not until we globally change the definition of ultra-widescreen, as I explained to you earlier. I'm for it and I actually proposed that the wiki covers more aspect ratios a while back on Discord.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:03 PM, Suicide machine said:

I don't know if it's the same, but it seems like it is actually latterboxed to 21:9 on 32:9 - 

Which as a programmer I could actually imagine how it could have happened.

Sorting this would require writing some kind of hack, cause I doubt we can get Square Enix to invest some money to make another patch.

Yeah, it's a pity. You mentioned that you have an idea how that could have happened. Could you explain your reasoning?

I also doubt there will be another patch for this game.

On 10/19/2020 at 11:05 PM, Rose said:

Not until we globally change the definition of ultra-widescreen, as I explained to you earlier. I'm for it and I actually proposed that the wiki covers more aspect ratios a while back on Discord.

I know, thanks again. I wanted to raise the same question here since it was suggested to take this discussion to the forum. So, currently 32:9 has to be specifically mentioned in order to draw any conclusions.