User reports indicate this patch does not support the latest version of the game. Check the comments below for more information.

Message added by Aemony

1 Screenshot

About This File

Features:

Removes the pillarboxing (black bars) which appear on ultrawide monitors

Installation:

• Unpack the archive
  • Launch the patcher and apply patch to DevilMayCry5.exe

Issues:

Some parts of UI are stretched

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

7 hours ago, vicsantana30@gmail.com said:

Thank you!

But i'm having an issue...

Whenever i press the melee attack button, the game freezes and then crashes... Is it only me?

Maybe your version is not supported. I tested the fix on the current Steam version.

Check DevilMayCry5.exe hash.

Before the patch it should be

Name: DevilMayCry5.exe
Size: 138717568 bytes (132 MiB)
CRC32: 7F654973
CRC64: 6347A97770DF3511
SHA256: 755767E9D94886F0F6872A9BD80D218DAE207E1BA13D1854D79BE40FDD9FB4E6
SHA1: 5A219514D2B8BC8BD292AEBA5F3572D2F8AF0770
BLAKE2sp: 305EF80D6E74434691488083CAF2697C3902B9B0F8525BE4C040F46611845080

After the patch it should be

Name: DevilMayCry5.exe
Size: 138717568 bytes (132 MiB)
CRC32: 33CEB996
CRC64: 72F47962A100C9C5
SHA256: A3B9E7CFD82B10EA274DD0352D5F137D34A642B13F4DB88320938F5A5F63CEF6
SHA1: E2EAF7CCE9442999BBF37682A080D814C2F6913B
BLAKE2sp: 96EEEDE58DAA99AAACB907086BFC4921D25270F15AC5B74A6E436A85ECAD6635

If the hashes don't match, it means your version is unsupported and the fix won't work.

Share this comment

Hey killer-m. First of all THANK YOU!! Then let me quickly ask: are you planning on taking a look into the HUD too or nah? 

Thanks again and happy holidays

Share this comment

Made an account because I really appreciate this but I can't seem to get it to launch at all. I verified that the hashes match your previous post and I uninstalled all my mods, but no matter what a black box appears in the middle of the screen. Once I click it I'm greeted by the "Program has stopped responding" dialogue.

Again, I really appreciate this. Just want to potentially help others with this issue.

Edited by ehitburns

Share this comment

10 minutes ago, ehitburns said:

Made an account because I really appreciate this but I can't seem to get it to launch at all. I verified that the hashes match your previous post and I uninstalled all my mods, but no matter what a black box appears in the middle of the screen. Once I click it I'm greeted by the "Program has stopped responding" dialogue.

Again, I really appreciate this. Just want to potentially help others with this issue.

Welp, I guess the game hates not being run from Steam. Doing so fixed the problem. Thank you so much!

Share this comment

Another update: I can reliably crash with the attached image by skipping the ending cutscene of Mission 19 (as Dante). Hope you can issue a fix!

image.png

Share this comment

Windows 10 is recognizing the file as a  virus and not allowing it to run at all.

"operation did not complete successfully because the file contain a virus or potentially unwanted software"

Share this comment

Windows Defender also freaked out when I downloaded a music mod. It took me deleting the file and a redownload and Defender had no issues whatsoever.

Share this comment

18 hours ago, ehitburns said:

Another update: I can reliably crash with the attached image by skipping the ending cutscene of Mission 19 (as Dante). Hope you can issue a fix!

image.png

Looks like multiple cutscenes throughout the game are affected, as skipping or even letting any finish gives me a new error message.

image.png

Share this comment

I gotta stop posting here before I solve my own issues! Turns out I unwittingly kept DirectX11 mode on the config.ini when the DX12 mode is more stable for me.

Share this comment

21 hours ago, linkolead said:

Windows 10 is recognizing the file as a  virus and not allowing it to run at all.

"operation did not complete successfully because the file contain a virus or potentially unwanted software"

Probably a false positive, though you've to decide yourself whether to 'trust' the file or not. PCGW in general does not guarantee  the safety of files, and due to the numbers of false positives occurring in gaming related files -- particularly those created using e.g. Cheat Engine -- we usually don't remove uploaded files either due to "virus detections".

See the "Virus detected in PCGamingWiki file" section for a bit of context.

Share this comment

On 12/17/2020 at 2:59 AM, vicsantana30@gmail.com said:

Thank you!

But i'm having an issue...

Whenever i press the melee attack button, the game freezes and then crashes... Is it only me?

yes, exactly the same problem. game runs fine in 21:9. ranged attacks are no problem, but if you use a melee attack the game just crashes. i am currently on the newest steam based version of the game.

.exe details mentioned above are correct, my .exe has all the required checksums and its still not working.

Share this comment

On 1/8/2021 at 2:57 PM, dernegerhatnlangenschwanni said:

yes, exactly the same problem. game runs fine in 21:9. ranged attacks are no problem, but if you use a melee attack the game just crashes. i am currently on the newest steam based version of the game.

.exe details mentioned above are correct, my .exe has all the required checksums and its still not working.

Same exact issue here. The game crashes right away on pressing melee button.

Share this comment

On 1/8/2021 at 4:57 PM, dernegerhatnlangenschwanni said:

2 hours ago, alen29 said:

Same exact issue here. The game crashes right away on pressing melee button.

I can't reproduce this crash and therefore fix it.

Try switching to DX12

Open dmc5config.ini

Change

Capability=DirectX11

TargetPlatform=DirectX11

to

Capability=DirectX12

TargetPlatform=DirectX12

Share this comment

huge thanks for your making this fix!!!!  a lot better than capcom the lazy!

but i dont know if it is just me or anyone else, after installing the fix ,movie will be stretched weirdly and become out of shape ,and the sound wont match the movie at the same time. in game , it just works fine. 

any help?

Share this comment

The patch runs well, but after today's update (April 24, 2023), the patch is invalid, the resolution turns back to 16:9. And I run the patch again, then the game crash when launching each time.

Could you have a look on it? Thanks very very much~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Share this comment

Game has a small update today (April 24, 2023), and after the update, patch is invalid, the resolution turns back to 16:9. And I run the patch again, then the game crash when launching each time.

Could you have a look on it? Thanks very very much~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Share this comment