13 Screenshots

About This File

The tools for the Steam and Microsoft Store versions of Halo: Reach, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, ODST, and Halo 4 offer real-time solutions for the cutscenes at ultrawide, superwide and triple monitor resolutions. Depending on the game, they remove the black bars, correct the vertical FOV reduction or allow to choose between the scaling behaviors of the FMVs. The password for the archives is pcgw

Play the game in the Anti-Cheat Disabled mode for this to work. Launch the game first, then the tool.

The tool is a trainer based on CE components that may trigger some anti-virus software. Making it into a patcher would be inconvenient, as it would likely require replacing files before each launch in the anti-cheat-enabled mode.

Tested the Xbox / Microsoft Store versions of all games at 2560x1080, 5120x1440 and 5760x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron. My newest fixes are available here.

What's New in Version 7.2   See changelog

Released

• Removed the Halo CE fix made obsolete by a game update.
  • Updated the Halo 3 ODST fix to support the latest game version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for this, but: If I use this file/mod, the HUD  respectively the crosshair is stretched (outside the cutscenes). If I disable your mod (F5), so the HUD and the crosshair are quiet normal (the game is in widescreen-modus).

So I must playing without your mod and enable it with F5 when cutscene is coming and after it I disable your mod again.

I play in 21:9 in fullscreen (nativ) 2560 x 1080.

Can you possibly find a way to keep the HUD (and the crosshair) unchanged when using your mod?

Share this comment

21 hours ago, Perrin said:

Thanks for this, but: If I use this file/mod, the HUD  respectively the crosshair is stretched (outside the cutscenes). If I disable your mod (F5), so the HUD and the crosshair are quiet normal (the game is in widescreen-modus).

So I must playing without your mod and enable it with F5 when cutscene is coming and after it I disable your mod again.

I play in 21:9 in fullscreen (nativ) 2560 x 1080.

Can you possibly find a way to keep the HUD (and the crosshair) unchanged when using your mod?

Thanks for the feedback! For some reason I haven't been getting notifications in the past two days but I saw your reply earlier today and fixed the issue just now. It took quite a bit of an overhaul, so I set the new version to 1.5

Share this comment

Does your progress (in the campain) in the normal mode carry over to the anticheat bypass mode or is it 100% sperate from each other

Share this comment

Progress carries over, but achievements (and in-game unlockables) don't unlock.  So probably best to use this mod just for fun and immersion, but to save your achievement hunting (and legendary runs) for anti-cheat enabled mode.

Share this comment

On 12/5/2019 at 3:04 PM, Rose said:

Thanks for the feedback! For some reason I haven't been getting notifications in the past two days but I saw your reply earlier today and fixed the issue just now. It took quite a bit of an overhaul, so I set the new version to 1.5

Thank you very much for the fast fix!

Share this comment

@Andytizer

Fine, thanks. But Rose has updated his fix (version 1.5) and it works fine now. I play it in 5120 x 2160 (DSR).

Share this comment

Hi! I've bought the Masterchef Collection from Steam and the fix has not worked for me. 
Is it possible that it no longer works with the current version or is it not working for me?

Thanks!

Share this comment

9 hours ago, Lancasther said:

Hi! I've bought the Masterchef Collection from Steam and the fix has not worked for me. 
Is it possible that it no longer works with the current version or is it not working for me?

Thanks!

Tested as working in the latest Game Pass version in the "Anti-Cheat Disabled" mode just now. I don't have access to the Steam version but it should be on par with this one.

Share this comment

If I use the Halo version from the Microsoft Store with the Xbox Game Pass for PC, can I also use the fix?

And if so, how do I install the fix (other directories than Steam)?

Best Regards

Michael

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, Perrin said:

If I use the Halo version from the Microsoft Store with the Xbox Game Pass for PC, can I also use the fix?

And if so, how do I install the fix (other directories than Steam)?

Best Regards

Michael

You can. Just launch the game first, then the Xbox version of the tool. No need to install anything but it has to be launched every time you play.

Share this comment

Should I be concerned in regards to the safety of this file? I'm sure it's safe, but with windows flagging it and everything VIrus total is saying, I am a bit concerned.image.thumb.png.c30582d969c93e7fa3219d1fef7a0af8.png

Share this comment

10 minutes ago, chrisfratz said:

Should I be concerned in regards to the safety of this file? I'm sure it's safe, but with windows flagging it and everything VIrus total is saying, I am a bit concerned.

Addressed here.

Share this comment

Game has been updated this week, and this awesome trainer is now partially broken (Steam version). It's still working with Halo Reach (F5) and Halo 2 (F7). Ultrawide (21:9 ; 3440x1440) is now natively supported with Halo ODST and Halo 4. Halo CE and Halo 3 have tiny side black bars.

Share this comment

21 hours ago, chachardus said:

Game has been updated this week, and this awesome trainer is now partially broken (Steam version). It's still working with Halo Reach (F5) and Halo 2 (F7). Ultrawide (21:9 ; 3440x1440) is now natively supported with Halo ODST and Halo 4. Halo CE and Halo 3 have tiny side black bars.

13 hours ago, battlegold said:

New update only works with F5 and F7 to work on the Windows store version can this be fixed thank you 🙂

Thanks for your feedback. I got on it as soon as you reported the issues and found a lot of new code and that the scaling behaviors had changed indeed. This last game update made the 32:9 and wider experience in ODST atrocious, as the game is now both vert- and severely letterboxed, as demonstrated by one of the new screenshots.

It took many hours of experimenting and thinking to address the issues. The updated trainers are now out and they fix everything old and new: the black bars and the field of view reduction, plus the FMV scaling if you want to go from vert- to black bars or vice versa.

Share this comment

22 minutes ago, Rose said:

Thanks for your feedback. I got on it as soon as you reported the issues and found a lot of new code and that the scaling behaviors had changed indeed. This last game update made the 32:9 and wider experience in ODST atrocious, as the game is now both vert- and severely letterboxed, as demonstrated by one of the new screenshots.

It took many hours of experimenting and thinking to address the issues. The updated trainers are now out and they fix everything old and new: the black bars and the field of view reduction, plus the FMV scaling if you want to go from vert- to black bars or vice versa.

Hi there really appreciate the work you put in 🙂 just tested it and works great 🙂 Also I wanted to ask as I've seen you do this for GTA 5. Is it possible to make the cutscenes in the new GTA san andreas Definitive edition in ultrawide as I done it for the original san andreas but nothing works for the new one.

Share this comment

Just now, battlegold said:

Hi there really appreciate the work you put in 🙂 just tested it and works great 🙂 Also I wanted to ask as I've seen you do this for GTA 5. Is it possible to make the cutscenes in the new GTA san andreas Definitive edition in ultrawide as I done it for the original san andreas but nothing works for the new one.

Nice! Regarding GTA, unfortunately, it's not a game I own. I'll definitely give it a look if I get it at some point in the future though.

Share this comment

Just now, Rose said:

Nice! Regarding GTA, unfortunately, it's not a game I own. I'll definitely give it a look if I get it at some point in the future though.

😀

Share this comment

Hello there! I have a 32:9 monitor and when I'm playing Halo 2A, the cutscene plays in 32:9 mode, and hence cutting some stuff in the buttom and the top. The cutscene is made in 21:9. Is there a way for you to patch this program to force the cutscene to be displayed in 21:9, even on wider screens? If you can It would be much appreciated! Thank you for making this incredible tool! In these two pictures you can see with and without the tool.

Halo  The Master Chief Collection Screenshot 2022.08.31 - 22.12.24.30.png

Halo  The Master Chief Collection Screenshot 2022.08.31 - 22.12.36.48.png

Share this comment

On 7/22/2023 at 7:28 AM, chachardus said:

Since july update, the trainer (v 7.1) is not working with Halo CE (F5) and Halo 3 ODST (F8).

I don't think Halo CE needs a fix after the updates. I updated the one for Halo 3 ODST but it still needs some testing. I'll try to upload it within the next few days.

Share this comment