The Outer Worlds ultrawide & superwide fix (weapons corrected)

Message added by Andytizer

10 Screenshots

About This File

Note: A standalone solution for the Spacer's Choice edition is now available.

The trainers for Microsoft, Epic, Steam and GOG game versions remove black bars from real-time rendered cutscenes, menu and dialogue screens, and correct the field of view and hands model scaling at ultrawide and wider resolutions.

1. Use software like PeaZip or 7zip to unpack the archives. The password is pcgw
  2. Run the game first, followed by the trainer, and press the button as instructed. Some delay is possible.

The mod does not address the stretching of pre-rendered cutscenes.

In order to force unsupported resolutions, edit GameUserSettings.ini and set the ResolutionSizeX= and ResolutionSizeY= values as desired - e.g. 5760 and 1080. Getting into the settings in the game will undo the changes, so make sure to have configured the game to preference prior to editing the config.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
Linktree.

What's New in Version 3.0.1   See changelog

Released

3.0: A remake of the trainers with the following features and changes:

• Finally found a way to correct the viewmodel scaling and implemented the solution.
  • Fully automated the FOV correction for all scenes at all resolutions, inspired by killer-m's work.
  • Removed the now unnecessary manual FOV adjustment and display (the game supports it and more is possible through the config).
  • Removed the patchers, as they are significantly inferior to the trainers now.

3.0.1: Removed a bit of unused code.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

6 minutes ago, Rose said:

Correct. The trainer is superior but I am keeping the patcher for user convenience and after a few expressed concerns about the (false) flagging of the trainer as malware by some AV vendors, similarly to every other CE trainer.

Awesome, thanks!

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, Rose said:

Correct. The trainer is superior but I am keeping the patcher for user convenience and after a few expressed concerns about the (false) flagging of the trainer as malware by some AV vendors, similarly to every other CE trainer.

Do you have a recommended in game FOV for 32:9 or should we just roll with the stock 75 for best results?

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Fontaine said:

The trainer has stopped working for me on xbox game pass - any idea how to fix this?

I installed the Game Pass version today and tested the trainer. Every feature is working on my end. As before, make sure the game is launched first, then press the toggle keys. Make sure your physical keyboard buttons are functional as well.

Share this comment

19 minutes ago, OldCynic68 said:

i cant get it to targeete lock the outer worlds exe in windows app folder any suggestions

adrian aka oldcynic68

Use the trainer. UWP apps' files are protected from modification.

Share this comment

On 3/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, Rose said:

I installed the Game Pass version today and tested the trainer. Every feature is working on my end. As before, make sure the game is launched first, then press the toggle keys. Make sure your physical keyboard buttons are functional as well.

Very strange, I've followed your instructions, been using the trainer since last year, it's just stopped working! Any other suggestions?

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Fontaine said:

Very strange, I've followed your instructions, been using the trainer since last year, it's just stopped working! Any other suggestions?

Temporarily disabling all anti-virus software aside, I can't think of anything.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, scotscottscottt said:

@cecton There's no executable in your download. What am I copying where? How do I "run the patch"? Could you please clarify? Cheers!

@scotscottscottt Click on the tab "Releases", you will find the EXE there. I will update the documentation, thanks for the feedback

Share this comment

Used this with the EGS so long I forgot I even installed it.  Just bought the Steam one, which I thought had native support, but instantly got pillarboxing in cinematics.  Any plans to make a Steam version of this? Thanks!

Share this comment

2 hours ago, poekaymon said:

Used this with the EGS so long I forgot I even installed it.  Just bought the Steam one, which I thought had native support, but instantly got pillarboxing in cinematics.  Any plans to make a Steam version of this? Thanks!

I do not have the game on Steam to test it but I remade the same trainer with the Steam exe in mind and uploaded it.
The old patchers should also work as long as the exe is not protected by Steam DRM.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Rose said:

I do not have the game on Steam to test it but I remade the same trainer with the Steam exe in mind and uploaded it.
The old patchers should also work as long as the exe is not protected by Steam DRM.

I'm dumb and was trying the wrong file.  Can confirm both the patcher and the trainer work on the new Steam version.  Thanks!

Share this comment

45 minutes ago, cecton said:

@behaghel.vincent@gmail.com check the other comments but to answer your question: yes, everybody had the issue, you need to trust @Rose who kindly shares this patch with us or you can check my OSS alternative which hasn't been updated for the DLC (so won't work for the DLC)

Hi there! Thank you got it 😉 I tried the trainer and could play in 32:9. But whatever FOV I try I still can't see my weapons/hand entirely like in 16:19. Any way to fix that? 

Share this comment

1 hour ago, cecton said:

@behaghel.vincent@gmail.com check the other comments but to answer your question: yes, everybody had the issue, you need to trust @Rose who kindly shares this patch with us or you can check my OSS alternative which hasn't been updated for the DLC (so won't work for the DLC)

I had a another go without the trainer and could run the game in 5120*1440 32:9 with the same result as with the trainer. Does it mean it has been natively improved ? (See image below)
Or maybe there is something I haven't tried properly with the trainer?

I still can't see my weapon/arm entirely. What do you think of the result? Any way to improve that?

20201028120514_1.jpg

Share this comment

21 minutes ago, actuallynottcole said:

after running the exe it says (hotkey) next to the black bar removal option, is this bugged or am i missing something?

The hotkey is below.

Share this comment

thanks for the quick response, so does black bar removal no longer work, only fov/viewmodel correction  does? seems like pressing F8 doesnt fix blackbars during dialogue

Share this comment

Just now, actuallynottcole said:

thanks for the quick response, so does black bar removal no longer work, only fov/viewmodel correction  does? seems like pressing F8 doesnt fix blackbars during dialogue

It works on my end, as seen in the screenshots.

Share this comment

im on 1.4.1.618, launched the game then launched the exe on desktop, walked up to ada to speak to  her and F8 doesnt do anything, might just be my version if its working for you. thanks for lmk

Share this comment

1 minute ago, actuallynottcole said:

im on 1.4.1.618, launched the game then launched the exe on desktop, walked up to ada to speak to  her and F8 doesnt do anything, might just be my version if its working for you. thanks for lmk

I tested it today in the latest GOG version at 32:9 and a bit earlier in the latest Microsoft Store / Game Pass version at 21:9 and 32:9.

image.thumb.png.398eb381927203f6cbe1209bb8fffcaa.png

Share this comment