3 Screenshots

About This File

The mod removes pillarboxing and adjusts the vertical FOV to match that of 16:9. The pre-rendered cutscenes will be unaffected.

Use software like PeaZip or 7-Zip and password pcgw to unpack the 7z archive.

Play through the dog customization part at the very start of the game at 16:9. Pressing alt+enter should work as well.

The mod is best used with DoF off. For higher FOV at 21:9, simply use the 32:9 patcher instead.

Tested the Game Pass version at 3440x1440 and 3840x1080.
You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version September 2, 2019   See changelog

Released

Patchers updated for the "technical patch" version. Second attempt.

• With version September 2, 2019:
  • Download

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This doesn't work for me, I am unable to edit any of the files in the Windows Apps folder. Not sure why it works for some and not for others. I do not have permission to edit them. I have read this is a kind of DRM measure. 

Share this comment

Just now, haytada said:

This doesn't work for me, I am unable to edit any of the files in the Windows Apps folder. Not sure why it works for some and not for others. I do not have permission to edit them. I have read this is a kind of DRM measure. 

The patchers were never intended to work with the MS store version, as it protects files and prevents modification. I uploaded a trainer for the MS store version today, so try that out instead.

Share this comment

I've uninstalled now, it is from Xbox Game Pass, I assume it's the same thing. Once it reinstalls I will give it a go, thanks for your help. 

Share this comment

Hi, Thank you for for the time and effort put into this. I'm running the .exe file whilst playing the game pass version - the aspect ratio changes correctly with F5 but the border-less toggle doesn't seem to work - it highlights red in the program but doesn't remove the pillar-box in game. Any ideas?

Share this comment

Game Pass version says it can not access the file when trying to launch it after launching the game. Not sure what this error entails.

Share this comment

13 hours ago, Kutukintey said:

Hi, Thank you for for the time and effort put into this. I'm running the .exe file whilst playing the game pass version - the aspect ratio changes correctly with F5 but the border-less toggle doesn't seem to work - it highlights red in the program but doesn't remove the pillar-box in game. Any ideas?

I had the same issue, restart your PC, launch the game and then launch the trainer. That's what fixed it for me. Takes a few seconds after pushing the button to start working. 

Share this comment

1 hour ago, ivorysoul said:

Game Pass version says it can not access the file when trying to launch it after launching the game. Not sure what this error entails.

For Game Pass you need to use the trainer not the patcher. 

Share this comment

7 hours ago, haytada said:

For Game Pass you need to use the trainer not the patcher. 

I know that. It still doesn't work. It says there's an access error. I even restarted my PC like someone said to above. Doesn't work.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, ivorysoul said:

I know that. It still doesn't work. It says there's an access error. I even restarted my PC like someone said to above. Doesn't work.

Maybe you need to redownload the game, idk why it's not working for you. 

Share this comment

9 hours ago, haytada said:

Maybe you need to redownload the game, idk why it's not working for you. 

Figured it out, my antivirus was blocking it. Can't believe I didn't think about that originally! 

Share this comment

it is not working. I just tried to patch the game and i am getting "file was NOT patched" message. Was there a new update that broke the patch again?

Share this comment

On 2/15/2020 at 8:49 AM, p4nterametal said:

it is not working. I just tried to patch the game and i am getting "file was NOT patched" message. Was there a new update that broke the patch again?

Can you share your executable from the latest GOG or Steam version? Before you do that though, make sure you're targeting the right "Shipping" executable rather than the first one you see in the main folder.

Share this comment