Does the 2013 Steam Version of Final Fantasy 7 Support Rendering Resolutions Higher than 1080p?

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_(2012)This version of the game's wiki page says it doesn't support a 4K resolution and I've also heard that the 2012 Square Enix version supports a rendering resolution of up to 1080p from this video here: 

My question is whether or not this is actually true because I'm playing the Steam version on a 2560 x 1440 monitor and not only does the game's launch window actually recognize my monitor's native resolution but judging by my own eye balls the game seems to actually be rendering in 1440p too. I've also tried playing in 1080p on my 1440p monitor and the game looked a little blurrier in that resolution so I feel like it could be true that the game does render in higher resolutions than just 1080p. Then again the game does also seem to be a little blurry if I stretch the image through the launch window, even at 1440p (though the image is being stretched so I don't know). Of course I don't have a 4K display to test if the game can render in 4K at the moment but regardless I'm still curious whether or not the game only being able to render in up to 1080p is true or not? If anyone is able to test this or definitively prove this please let me know.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 015751.png

Posted (edited)

For some extra context, here's a Steam screenshot I took while playing the game in 1440p (Note: Original image has seemed to have been downscaled on the forum post so you'll just have to take my word that it's 1440p).

39140_20240412021719_1.png

Edited by ryanwascool777
Image was downscaled and I didn't expect it (I'm new to this)