Grand Theft Auto V FOV, ultrawide - new FWS script

11 Screenshots

About This File

A total overhaul of the old Flawless Widescreen script for GTA V that has been dysfunctional for many months if not longer.
As before, it allows for fine-tuning of FOV per each view - first person, in-vehicle, ADS, and third person. It also allows to remove the pillarboxing at cutscenes at 21:9 and wider, although having the latter enabled may cause some confirmation prompts to disappear at 32:9 and wider until disabled.

1. Download and install Flawless Widescreen.
  2. Download this script and unpack the archive.
  3. Put its contents in the main Flawless Widescreen folder (usually \Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\).
  4. Launch Flawless Widescreen, select Grand Theft Auto V (updated) and set everything to preference.

Tested the latest game version at 2560x1080, 3440x1440, 3840x1080, and 5760x1080.

You can buy me a coffee.

What's New in Version 1.1

Released

Two fix patterns updated to be more inclusive and support the latest game version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, belleveric said:

Thanks for your fix, but for me... Nothing is working at all. It says the app is ready for me to launch the game and when I do so, nothing is changing at all for the cutscenes.

I'm on a 32:9 resolution and just the fact that the cutscenes are shrinking is such a god damn pain. kills the whole vibe of the game.

Hi, I'm unable to reproduce the issue on my end at 32:9 today (no other mods used).

image.thumb.png.dc8696f667ac639d297008d2fe4a7a4c.png

Share this comment

10 minutes ago, Rose said:

Hi, I'm unable to reproduce the issue on my end at 32:9 today (no other mods used).

image.thumb.png.dc8696f667ac639d297008d2fe4a7a4c.png

It's kind of funny I'm on that same cutscene currently.

I tried downloading the program and your plugin twice and it's still not working. My resolution is 5120x1440 120 or 240Hz (idk if GTA supports 240 so im on 120) and nothing is happening... Any ideas why? 

Share this comment

22 minutes ago, belleveric said:

It's kind of funny I'm on that same cutscene currently.

I tried downloading the program and your plugin twice and it's still not working. My resolution is 5120x1440 120 or 240Hz (idk if GTA supports 240 so im on 120) and nothing is happening... Any ideas why? 

Still works even at 1440p

image.thumb.png.ca4bf31b6b1d67b7c2182278d0b479db.png

Ensure that you are using the "(updated)" plugin, not the one that comes with Flawless Widescreen, and that you do not have any manual resolution / HUD overrides set in the app settings.

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, Rose said:

Still works even at 1440p

image.thumb.png.ca4bf31b6b1d67b7c2182278d0b479db.png

Assuming you're trying the right plugin, not the outdated one that comes with Flawless Widescreen, I have no idea.

I'm on the updated plugin, everything on the program seems to be working fine and then I start the game and it shrinks the cutscenes like before. Your files are at the right place too.

Share this comment

image.thumb.png.33dcb17cf1111a61e39f9d97f2bf473f.png

Hi, I followed the instructions and are using the updated scripts, but when I launch FiveM it does not work, the status window says it cannot find GTAV, what should I do? 

Share this comment

2 hours ago, akira said:

Hi, I followed the instructions and are using the updated scripts, but when I launch FiveM it does not work, the status window says it cannot find GTAV, what should I do? 

Make the following changes to the script:

Process_WindowName = "FiveM%R by Cfx.re"
Process_ClassName = "grcWindow"
Process_EXEName = "FiveM.exe"

Kudos to HaYDeN for explaining how to put the (R) symbol in his app and to SonOfZeus for the testing, followed by sharing the above.

Share this comment

Hello, i tried getting it to work on FiveM with this fix but it doesnt seem to detect any FiveM or gta process. I also tried the script change with 

Process_WindowName = "FiveM%R by Cfx.re"

but this also doesnt change anything. What could i try to make it work?

Nevermind i got it working somehow.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Smiiggsy said:

Is there any way to configure it so that it works for both story mode and fivem?

Technically, you can separate the target processes, window and class names with a semicolon, but based on the screenshots I saw, FiveM creates multiple processes, so you run into the risk of FWS trying to attach to the wrong one and not working for FiveM.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Rose said:

Technically, you can separate the target processes, window and class names with a semicolon, but based on the screenshots I saw, FiveM creates multiple processes, so you run into the risk of FWS trying to attach to the wrong one and not working for FiveM.

I thought about creating a copy of the original plugin but couldn't figure it how to change the name of it properly

Share this comment

Hi Rose!

Please, baging you, do something for working your script with RageMP v.1.1. I tried thousands versions of process (and sub-process) settings in .lua-file, and nothing gonna worked!  

You will be a best of the best, if you can fix that! 
tnx 💗

Share this comment

On 10/5/2022 at 11:03 AM, mrsanq said:

Hi Rose!

Please, baging you, do something for working your script with RageMP v.1.1. I tried thousands versions of process (and sub-process) settings in .lua-file, and nothing gonna worked!  

You will be a best of the best, if you can fix that! 
tnx 💗

It should work with the normal FWS Plugin of GTA. 

Share this comment

On 2/10/2023 at 4:08 PM, Jaxel said:

It should work with the normal FWS Plugin of GTA. 

Doesn't seem to work on RageMP as of recent.

Share this comment

This script is dead. Does anyone have plans to update this? There is currently NO functioning way to modify FOV in the current version of GTA. Extremely frustrating.This script is dead. Does anyone have plans to update this? There is currently NO functioning way to modify FOV in the current version of GTA. Extremely frustrating.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, squidnipples said:

This script is dead. Does anyone have plans to update this? There is currently NO functioning way to modify FOV in the current version of GTA. Extremely frustrating.This script is dead. Does anyone have plans to update this? There is currently NO functioning way to modify FOV in the current version of GTA. Extremely frustrating.

I don't know if this is a genuine comment or spam but every slider works fine on vanilla GTA on my end as of today.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, Rose said:

I don't know if this is a genuine comment or spam but every slider works fine on vanilla GTA on my end as of today.

Are you running an older version of the game? Flawless Widescreen doesn't hook the current update. I don't currently use FiveM.

Share this comment

14 minutes ago, squidnipples said:

Are you running an older version of the game? Flawless Widescreen doesn't hook the current update. I don't currently use FiveM.

The latest. I don't think it's possible to not be up to date. Make sure you are using the script downloaded from here, not the old one that comes with Flawless Widescreen.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Rose said:

The latest. I don't think it's possible to not be up to date. Make sure you are using the script downloaded from here, not the old one that comes with Flawless Widescreen.

I re-downloaded the script, somehow I managed to overwrite it the first time. It's working for me now.

Share this comment

Every time I launch FWS using this script, I get the "fasm_wrapper.exe (0x000007b) error." 
I've installed FWS from scratch, and then copied the 2 folders from you into the main FWS directory.
It loads fine, I click enable & "I agree." 
Then launch & fail. 
Any ideas/suggestions? 
Is it no longer functional as is?
Thank you! 

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, wanderinghp said:

Every time I launch FWS using this script, I get the "fasm_wrapper.exe (0x000007b) error." 
I've installed FWS from scratch, and then copied the 2 folders from you into the main FWS directory.
It loads fine, I click enable & "I agree." 
Then launch & fail. 
Any ideas/suggestions? 
Is it no longer functional as is?
Thank you! 

fasm_wrapper is not a part of this script, so it's something to do with the Flawless Widescreen package itself.

Share this comment