Jump to content

15 Screenshots

About This File

The tools for Steam and Microsoft Store versions of Halo: Reach, Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, ODST, and Halo 4 remove black bars at cutscenes in real time for ultrawide, superwide and triple monitor resolutions. The password for the archives is pcgw

Play the game in the Anti-Cheat Disabled mode for this to work. Launch the game first, then the tool.

The tool is a trainer based on CE components that may trigger some anti-virus software. Making it into a patcher would be inconvenient, as it would likely require replacing files before each launch in the anti-cheat-enabled mode.

Tested the Xbox / Microsoft store version at 2560x1080 (all games), 3840x1080 (Halo CE, 3, ODST, 4) and 5760x1080 (all games).

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.


What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

Updated with a solution for the FMV windowboxing in Halo 2 at 21:9.




User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for this, but: If I use this file/mod, the HUD  respectively the crosshair is stretched (outside the cutscenes). If I disable your mod (F5), so the HUD and the crosshair are quiet normal (the game is in widescreen-modus).

So I must playing without your mod and enable it with F5 when cutscene is coming and after it I disable your mod again.

I play in 21:9 in fullscreen (nativ) 2560 x 1080.

Can you possibly find a way to keep the HUD (and the crosshair) unchanged when using your mod?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Perrin said:

Thanks for this, but: If I use this file/mod, the HUD  respectively the crosshair is stretched (outside the cutscenes). If I disable your mod (F5), so the HUD and the crosshair are quiet normal (the game is in widescreen-modus).

So I must playing without your mod and enable it with F5 when cutscene is coming and after it I disable your mod again.

I play in 21:9 in fullscreen (nativ) 2560 x 1080.

Can you possibly find a way to keep the HUD (and the crosshair) unchanged when using your mod?

Thanks for the feedback! For some reason I haven't been getting notifications in the past two days but I saw your reply earlier today and fixed the issue just now. It took quite a bit of an overhaul, so I set the new version to 1.5

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does your progress (in the campain) in the normal mode carry over to the anticheat bypass mode or is it 100% sperate from each other

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Progress carries over, but achievements (and in-game unlockables) don't unlock.  So probably best to use this mod just for fun and immersion, but to save your achievement hunting (and legendary runs) for anti-cheat enabled mode.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 3:04 PM, Rose said:

Thanks for the feedback! For some reason I haven't been getting notifications in the past two days but I saw your reply earlier today and fixed the issue just now. It took quite a bit of an overhaul, so I set the new version to 1.5

Thank you very much for the fast fix!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Andytizer

Fine, thanks. But Rose has updated his fix (version 1.5) and it works fine now. I play it in 5120 x 2160 (DSR).

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! I've bought the Masterchef Collection from Steam and the fix has not worked for me. 
Is it possible that it no longer works with the current version or is it not working for me?

Thanks!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lancasther said:

Hi! I've bought the Masterchef Collection from Steam and the fix has not worked for me. 
Is it possible that it no longer works with the current version or is it not working for me?

Thanks!

Tested as working in the latest Game Pass version in the "Anti-Cheat Disabled" mode just now. I don't have access to the Steam version but it should be on par with this one.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I use the Halo version from the Microsoft Store with the Xbox Game Pass for PC, can I also use the fix?

And if so, how do I install the fix (other directories than Steam)?

Best Regards

Michael

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Perrin said:

If I use the Halo version from the Microsoft Store with the Xbox Game Pass for PC, can I also use the fix?

And if so, how do I install the fix (other directories than Steam)?

Best Regards

Michael

You can. Just launch the game first, then the Xbox version of the tool. No need to install anything but it has to be launched every time you play.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should I be concerned in regards to the safety of this file? I'm sure it's safe, but with windows flagging it and everything VIrus total is saying, I am a bit concerned.image.thumb.png.c30582d969c93e7fa3219d1fef7a0af8.png

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chrisfratz said:

Should I be concerned in regards to the safety of this file? I'm sure it's safe, but with windows flagging it and everything VIrus total is saying, I am a bit concerned.

Addressed here.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

    • By Rose
      The small patcher removes the side black bars from the in-engine cutscenes and corrects the issue of reduced field of view when starting a new game.
      Simply unpack the archive and follow the instructions of the tool to patch the game. Tested the latest Epic Games Store version at 2560x1080, briefly at at 3840x1080 and 5760x1080.

      You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
    • By Rose
      The tool corrects the reduced field of view at the cutscenes at 21:9 and wider resolutions, and allows to bypass the game's max resolution checks, making it support resolutions like 5120x1440.
      Download the archive and unpack it with software like PeaZip using the password pcgw Launch the game, followed by the tool. Press the FOV key to correct it in real time (undoing will require a cutscene restart) Press the force resolution key, then select and apply any resolution if the game does not support yours. All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.
      Tested the latest Game Pass version at 2560x1080, briefly at 5120x1440, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080.
      Kudos to PhantomGamers for a hint that helped analyze the game variables.

      You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
    • By Rose
      The tool corrects the reduced field of view and removes the black bars affecting 21:9 and wider resolutions, particularly prominent at 32:9 and wider.

      For Microsoft Store:
      Download the archive and unpack it with software like PeaZip using the password pcgw Launch the game, followed by the tool. Press the key as instructed to toggle the fix on and off in real time. All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.

      For Steam and any other stores the game may appear on, simply download the related patcher and target the game executable.
      Tested the latest Game Pass version at 2560x1080 and 5760x1080. Steam version tested by a WSGF user at 3440x1440.

      You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
    • By Rose
      The small patcher removes the black bars appearing at the cutscenes and dialogue at 21:9 and wider resolutions. It also corrects the field of view reduction at these resolutions.
      Unpack the archive and follow the instructions of the tool.

      Tested the latest Epic Games Store version mainly at 2560x1080 and 3840x1080.

      You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
    • By Rose
      The small patcher removes all black bars affecting 21:9 and wider resolutions. This includes the entrance scenes, FMVs, loading screens and more.
      For the Steam version, unpack the game executable with Steamless and rename it to replace the original. Download and unpack the file from here and use it to patch the executable for ultrawide support. Tested the latest Steam version at 2560x1080 and 3840x1080.

      You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 327 Guests (See full list)

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Member Statistics

    7,114
    Total Members
    3,870
    Most Online
    clya90
    Newest Member
    clya90
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...