About This File

This is a simple tool, that will allow you to extract The Plutonia Experiment, TNT: Evilution, No Rest for the Living and The Master Levels of Doom II wads from Doom II Classic (Unity port) and patch them to use with various source ports.

Installation:

0. If you have Steam installed elsewhere than default path, then open "Unity2Classic.bat" with notepad and change
ren "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\rerelease" "DOOM_II_Classic_2019"
and
ren "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\DOOM_II_Classic_2019" "rerelease"
to the path to your Doom 2 folder (eg."D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\rerelease" and "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\DOOM_II_Classic_2019") or delete it, if you're using Bethesda.net version.
1. Double click on "Unity2Classic.bat" and wait until Unity Doom Ripper window appear.
2. Paste your path to the Doom 2 folder (eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2) and press enter, if you're using Steam version or just press enter, if you're using default path of Bethesda.net version.
3. After Unity Doom Ripper has done its work, close its window and folder named "output", that appeared and press enter on DOOM Wad Ripper command line window.
4. Wait for the command line window to close and take patched files from "1.9" or "patched" folder (for the most of the casual users, wads from "patched" folder are the best option).

Legend:

1.9 = Final Doom versions of The Plutonia Experiment and TNT: Evilution
patched = Anthology versions of The Plutonia Experiment and TNT: Evilution (simply 1.9, but with bugfixes), D3BFG version of No Rest for the Living and retail version of Master Levels

Credits:

Joshua MacDonald (jmacd) - Xdelta3 Patcher
Mike Swanson (chungy) - IWAD Patches
Kaelan Evans - Unity Doom Ripper
Patrxgt (Me) - Unity2Classic Patcher

PS. I have altered Unity Doom Ripper, so it doesn't have any references to the Bethesda.net for the sake of clarity, but due to my poor hex editing it looks... not good (please, don't kill me mr. Evans).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.