Control & Quantum Break multimonitor and superwide

7 Screenshots

About This File

Unpack the archives with software like PeaZip or 7zip and use the password pcgw

Control:

• For most versions, use the Control and Quantum Break tool to patch coregame_rmdwin7_f.dll (for DirectX 11) and/or coregame_rmdwin10_f.dll (DirectX 12) within the main game folder.
  • Edit renderer.ini in the game folder to set m_iOutputResolutionX, m_iOutputResolutionY, m_iRenderResolutionX and m_iRenderResolutionY to the desired width and height values.
  • For Game Pass / Microsoft Store, use the included Superwide trainer and follow its instructions. Run the game before it.

Quantum Break: Use this guide and the patcher downloaded from here.

Tested the latest Epic and Game Pass versions of Control at 3840x1080 and 5760x1080, the latest Steam version of Quantum Break at 3840x1080 and 5760x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

What's New in Version 1.5   See changelog

Released

New trainer for all resolutions for the Microsoft Store / Game Pass version of Control. No other changes.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

3 hours ago, overkill87 said:

Hi... it says the file is not there anymore? 😞

Hi. I downloaded and unpacked the file without issues. Try a different browser like Internet Explorer or Edge that already come with Windows 10. Sometimes the site may also have issues that I have no control over. The server admin takes care of them.

Share this comment

Is it possible to fix SSR for Control?

Right now it only works for the center of the screen. This can be seen on the first screenshot.

Share this comment

dude! how is a hack even necessary?

I'd managed to get the game into 7680x1440 natively, but it was a stretched mess.

this hack worked perfectly to fix the FOV/distortion - thanks!

Share this comment

For Xbox Ultimate/Microsoft Store the files mentioned here aren't the same name and the .ini mentioned isn't editable.   
Anyone aware of how to get this working for the MS Store version?

Screenshot 2021-01-23 132251.png

Share this comment

3 hours ago, noobin said:

For Xbox Ultimate/Microsoft Store the files mentioned here aren't the same name and the .ini mentioned isn't editable.   
Anyone aware of how to get this working for the MS Store version?

Screenshot 2021-01-23 132251.png

Most Microsoft Store apps do not allow to edit the files. I just uploaded a newly made trainer to memory hack that version of Control and achieve the same thing.

Share this comment

10 minutes ago, Rose said:

Most Microsoft Store apps do not allow to edit the files. I just uploaded a newly made trainer to memory hack that version of Control and achieve the same thing.

Thank you for the quick reply and assistance!   For the windows store version, it would just be running the exe, not doing the other steps then? 
That is really the second question, the first is: Any idea why this is being flagged as a known virus?  Windows immediately flagged and ate it.   "Detected: Trojan:Win32/CryptInject!ml"

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, noobin said:

Thank you for the quick reply and assistance!   For the windows store version, it would just be running the exe, not doing the other steps then? 
That is really the second question, the first is: Any idea why this is being flagged as a known virus?  Windows immediately flagged and ate it.   "Detected: Trojan:Win32/CryptInject!ml"

Yes, you run the game, then the trainer, then you press the hotkey in the main menu and that's it. If already playing, you'd also have to follow the Render Resolution instruction of the trainer. As for the false flagging, it's common and affects all trainers built on CE components. If reasonably paranoid, you can submit it to your AV vendor by following the links in the article I shared. The chances are the vendor will update their database to no longer flag it as malicious.

Share this comment

19 hours ago, Rose said:

Yes, you run the game, then the trainer, then you press the hotkey in the main menu and that's it. If already playing, you'd also have to follow the Render Resolution instruction of the trainer. As for the false flagging, it's common and affects all trainers built on CE components. If reasonably paranoid, you can submit it to your AV vendor by following the links in the article I shared. The chances are the vendor will update their database to no longer flag it as malicious.

Thanks again for the quick assist. 
As for the antivirus detection, it was windows defender that ate it, so the antivirus every PC user has as default.  I submitted it to them for further analysis.   Kaspersky and Malwarebytes didn't detect it but bitdefender, Macafee and Symantec did.   I assume it is because, as you mention, it is a memory hack which is a very virus-like behavior.  Ran it in Virustotal.com/gui and see that a number of it think it is like cheat/game hack engines viruses (which would make sense). 
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a64ea61009223adc6904381de0a513a86b7c88060095c759d5ec0afbe22b73f3/detection

Share this comment

Worth noting that this patch doesn't work with DLSS, at least on my 32:9 1440p screen, where selecting the rendering resolution is greyed out in fullscreen or borderless mode.
Enabling or disabling DLSS makes no difference, even changing the renderer.ini to resolutions presets that are supposed to be supported by DLSS (e.g. res/1.5), or messing with the m_eDLSSQuality variable in there.

Also worth noting that the healthbar on enemies is not centered on them when they are moving.

Share this comment

I, too, really appreciate this. Thank you so much. I'm running at 7680x1440 and I'm also seeing the bars all wonky. For me, it had more to do with the position of my cursor, as that moved in relation to the enemy, the health bar of the enemy would move in a counter movement, until I had the enemy right at my cursor, then it looked close to being right. I managed to get just one screen shot, but you can see it's way off. Any ideas? I included my render.ini as well.

control_48_9_health_bars.PNG

renderer.ini

Share this comment

5 hours ago, divide_by_zer0 said:

I, too, really appreciate this. Thank you so much. I'm running at 7680x1440 and I'm also seeing the bars all wonky. For me, it had more to do with the position of my cursor, as that moved in relation to the enemy, the health bar of the enemy would move in a counter movement, until I had the enemy right at my cursor, then it looked close to being right. I managed to get just one screen shot, but you can see it's way off. Any ideas? I included my render.ini as well.

On 11/4/2021 at 2:10 AM, filoppi said:

Also worth noting that the healthbar on enemies is not centered on them when they are moving.

This seems to be a native thing, because it occurs even at 21:9 without any modifications.

image.thumb.png.a4cd60edd32f8f7e8b7adb800a6da68c.png

Share this comment

The healthbar positioning issue and DLSS not working have been fixed by this other patch:

The only downside is that it's not as dynamic, being based on a specific version of the game (for the moment).

Share this comment

This doesn’t seem to work for me.  The resolution shows in the settings as 5120 by 1440, but it’s not in the drop down menu if you click on it.   When I play the game it looks pretty stretched out.  Maybe this is because I’m using Epic games to launch it?

Share this comment