About This File

To install simply drag and drop the files into the root folder (where the .exe is).

The fix will work automatically but do make sure to disable steam input for Assassin's Creed 2 by right clicking AC2 on steam, then properties, controller, disable steam input.

This is a simple pre-made fix similar to the one offered in the pcgamingwiki page for Assassin's Creed 2 Xbox 360 & Xbox One controllers.

I made this because that pre-made fix is incompatible with the dualsense controllers made by Sony.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Karlic24 said:

did it and the game recognizes my controller, but thats it, no input works whatsoever

Is Steam input disabled? You say the game recognizes the control so I'm guessing you must have selected the xbox 360 controller in the in-game settings? If this two things haven't worked for you, then I don't know how to help you, I'm sorry; the fact is AC2 has a lot of issues with gamepads, specially new ones like the Xbox One and Dualsense controller, maybe if the problems persist you can try the manual fix for the controller in the same pcgamingwiki page, you will have to configure it by using the program given there though, and It's a bit complicated, I frankly don't remember how I used it when I uploaded this file. 😔

Share this comment

21 hours ago, Wolfinston said:

Is Steam input disabled? You say the game recognizes the control so I'm guessing you must have selected the xbox 360 controller in the in-game settings? If this two things haven't worked for you, then I don't know how to help you, I'm sorry; the fact is AC2 has a lot of issues with gamepads, specially new ones like the Xbox One and Dualsense controller, maybe if the problems persist you can try the manual fix for the controller in the same pcgamingwiki page, you will have to configure it by using the program given there though, and It's a bit complicated, I frankly don't remember how I used it when I uploaded this file. 😔

steam input disabled, you are correct its xbox 360 in game settings. was using bluetooth will try it with a cable. otherwise i will try the complicated thing you mentioned, thank you for your help though, i have something to work with now.

Share this comment

21 hours ago, Wolfinston said:

got it working through the DS4 windows app and using a wired connection, and your fix. thank you 

Share this comment