Yoku's Island Express ultrawide, superwide, multi-monitor fix

8 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the game at ultrawide and wider resolutions.

1. Unpack the archive with software like 7zip or PeaZip using the password pcgw
  2. Launch the game, followed by the tool.
  3. Press the hotkey as shown to enable the fix.
  4. In the game,
  • Set the Video Resolution to Desktop.
  • Alternatively, if already selected, switch between 1080p and Desktop or press Alt+Enter twice.

All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.

Although the changes are small enough to be part of a convenient patcher, Origin DRM, the common nature of Microsoft Store apps, and unpatched Steam DRM would not allow binary patching in this specific case.

Tested the latest Origin version at 2560x1080, briefly at 3440x1440, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

Pinball, menu and telescope moments now scale properly.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Unfortunately pinball moments are Vert- and since they are core of gemplay and require fast reaction as soon as possible, getting delayed visual information compare to 16:9 mostly cripall the experience. Exploration and map are correctly Hor+. Is there an option to keep pinball moments pillarboxed to keep gameplay intacted? At the moment i have to switch resolution from desktop to 1080p to get lost image back in that moments. As you can image it is not optimal for fluid experience :(

20210523143948_1.jpg

20210523143954_1.jpg

20210523150121_1.jpg

20210523150126_1.jpg

Share this comment

I play another hour and, this not working well. Pinball moments are like 3/4 of game, switching not working, since ultrawide is vert-, it's fully playable only at 16:9. 

Share this comment

On 5/24/2021 at 8:06 AM, qamook said:

I play another hour and, this not working well. Pinball moments are like 3/4 of game, switching not working, since ultrawide is vert-, it's fully playable only at 16:9. 

Could you share a save file and tell me where to go to reproduce this?

Share this comment

42 minutes ago, Rose said:

Like 75% of game from beginning is vert-. Exploration is fine, but exactly at moment when you enter pinball area, game going to be vert-. 

Exploration before entering flipper area, hor+:

And when i try start flipper area, vert-, lost visual information about gameplay. Its core of a game so its kind of unplayable in that state. :

Also is there is a way to do it as one thing hex editor some permanent change, have to going to start some program before playing, and make some alt+tab extra stuff make it really anti-couch game. If there was a way to just make one permanent change, make it so much "playing away from keyboard with controller", friendly? Sorry for my English 😞

20210524091940_1.jpg

20210524091944_1.jpg

20210524091914_1.jpg

20210524091919_1.jpg

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Rose said:

Video shows it best. With fix, pinball section strat zooming in, out of the sudden. But without it, camera just shift position. 

Share this comment

On 5/25/2021 at 8:01 PM, qamook said:

Video shows it best. With fix, pinball section strat zooming in, out of the sudden. But without it, camera just shift position.

Updated the trainer with a solution that should make everything hor+. I've been on it for many hours since your report, so I truly hope it helps!

image.thumb.png.4cc53156c3f21cc61fe1614c32aa93a3.png

Share this comment

23 hours ago, Rose said:

Updated the trainer with a solution that should make everything hor+. I've been on it for many hours since your report, so I truly hope it helps!

image.thumb.png.4cc53156c3f21cc61fe1614c32aa93a3.png

I briefly check it, and situation from video is now fully hor+, now game seems to be playable at ultrawide, big thanks for not abandoning that fix. I guess there is no way to eliminate extra program and make permanent change in game? Playing like that with constant going back to keyboard for make fix every time in want play from a couch is pain in the ass. Especially compared to other game i play ultrawide where i only make one hex change i forget about it.

Share this comment