5 Screenshots

About This File

The patchers and trainer remove pillarboxing from the game, resulting in more horizontal FOV.

Some of the in-game images and cutscenes do not appear to be wide enough to fully fill the screen, but the main cutscenes, menu and gameplay become free of black bars.

• Use one of the patchers to modify \ChildrenOfMorta_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll within the game folder.
  • For the Game Pass version, use the included trainer at 21:9 - the password for the 7zip archive is pcgw.

Tested briefly at 21:9, 32:9 and 48:9 in the latest GOG and Game Pass versions. Resolutions wider than 21:9 were affected by severe terrain visibility issues.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 1.1   See changelog

Released

Added patchers for 3440x1440 and 3840x1600 - also applicable to all shared aspect ratio resolutions.
Updated all patchers to reduce AV detection rate.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi Rose,

Does this patcher work only for the GoG version? I currently own the Steam version.

How can I contact the author about a patcher for the Steam version because this does not seem to work.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I am suppose to select file path, "childrenofmorta.exe", correct?

Share this comment

9 hours ago, Vampyr Graveyard said:

Hi Rose,

Does this patcher work only for the GoG version? I currently own the Steam version.

How can I contact the author about a patcher for the Steam version because this does not seem to work.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I am suppose to select file path, "childrenofmorta.exe", correct?

No, that is not the file to patch. Read the instructions!

Share this comment

If you have a 3440×1440 43:18 monitor open \ChildrenOfMorta_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll with a hex-editor and find and replace "all" 398EE33F with 8EE31840

Share this comment

4 hours ago, OneDeltaTenTango said:

If you have a 3440×1440 43:18 monitor open \ChildrenOfMorta_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll with a hex-editor and find and replace "all" 398EE33F with 8EE31840

Thank you for replying, OneDeltaTenTango!

I got it working with the Patcher. I didn't see the instructions on the Patcher itself, and I was patching the .exe instead of the file you mentioned above.

But that's cool that I can manually modify with hexedit! I'm surprised no one mentioned this! Thank you so much!

Share this comment

I have a 3840 x 1600 ultrawide monitor and I still have tiny (0.25") black bars on side using the 21x9 patch. This is minor but if you can update the patch to use the full screen that'd be great. Also, the "Home Status" banner on the top left of the main hub is cut off. 

morta-uw-home.png

Share this comment

14 hours ago, Xero said:

I have a 3840 x 1600 ultrawide monitor and I still have tiny (0.25") black bars on side using the 21x9 patch. This is minor but if you can update the patch to use the full screen that'd be great. Also, the "Home Status" banner on the top left of the main hub is cut off.

I added patchers for 3840x1600, 3440x1440 and similar resolutions. Someone told me they've played through a lot of the game with the mod, so I hope the Home Status issue isn't significant. Fixing UI can be a nightmare.

Share this comment

15 hours ago, Rose said:

I added patchers for 3840x1600, 3440x1440 and similar resolutions. Someone told me they've played through a lot of the game with the mod, so I hope the Home Status issue isn't significant. Fixing UI can be a nightmare.

No, the "Home Status" isn't a significant issue. Just a flaw I was pointing out in case you weren't aware of it. Anyways, I've applied the new 3840x1600 patch from the 1.1 version and the small black bars on the side have now disappeared and the game uses the full screen so thank you very much. 

The "Home Status" banner is still cut off (albeit less so) but this is minor. The current patch is great as is. 

3840-patch.png

Share this comment

Excuse me, but could you possibly add a 16:10 and 4:3 version? Top-down action games benefit a lot from being able to see a greater distance vertically. You'd think the game would at least have 16:10 support, but it pillarboxes it to 16:9, which is annoying.

I have both a 16:9 and 16:10 monitor, so I'd appreciate the following resolutions: 1440x1080, 1728x1080, 1920x1200, and 1600x1200.

I'll be sure to buy you a coffee, I'll be watching this file.

Share this comment

Dear @Rose, I'm eternally grateful for your contributions and patches to bring ultrawide support to games that don't have it for some reason.

But can you please provide general instructions whenever possible, pretty please? I'm on Linux and running exe patchers isn't a thing here (hey, Wine and Proton!). I can surely launch a hex editor and make a few find-and-replace's, probably it'll be even faster than downloading, extracting and running patchers. Thank you.

Share this comment