Abzu - better ultrawide & multimonitor mod August 2019

5 Screenshots

About This File

Abzu supports 21:9 out of the box but somewhat reduces the vertical FOV compared to 16:9. At 48:9, FOV is too small for the game to be playable.

The existing solution initially posted to WSGF severely increases the vertical FOV compared to 16:9.

Applying one of the patchers included here will match the vertical FOV to 16:9, making each game scene look closer to how it was envisioned by the developers.

Unpack the applicable archive, then use the tool to patch \AbzuGame\Binaries\Win64\AbzuGame-Win64-Shipping.exe within the game folder.

Tested with the latest Origin version.

You can buy me a coffee here.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By Rose
      The small patcher removes the resolution limit introduced in update 1.17.

After patching, the list of resolutions available for selection will remain limited to the hardcoded 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions, but selecting any 16:9 resolution above native will now set the game to that monitor resolution.
      Unpack the archive and patch the file as instructed Launch the game and select any or the highest resolution above that of your monitor (for example, choosing 2560x1440 at 2560x1080 will have the game set to 2560x1080 without displaying it) Disregard the numbers and back out into the main menu to see that the image properly fills the screen width. Tested the latest Epic version at 2560x1080. Check out my black bars remover for the game as well.

• By Rose
      The patcher allows to select 21:9 and wider resolutions in the game
      Patch the game file as instructed by the tool. Launch the game and select your resolution in the settings to avoid stretching.
      (sometimes the resolution may be listed under 16:9) Tested the latest Steam version briefly at 2560x1080 and 3840x1080.
    • By ShadowStealer7
      These patches are made using the addresses posted by Reddit user OnkelJupp to remove ultra-widescreen pillarboxing from Horizon Zero Dawn without the need for manual hex editing.
       Unpack the archive using the password pcgw Open the desired patcher and navigate to the game folder where HorizonZeroDawn.exe is located and click Start Launch the game and set the aspect ratio in the settings to Auto Included resolutions are 2560x1080, 3440x1440, 3840x1600, 5120x2160, 6880x2880 and a combined patcher for 32:9 aspect ratio resolutions 3840x1080 and 5120x1440.
      Tested on the launch Steam version.
    • By Rose
      The small patchers remove black bars from the game at 21:9 and 32:9 resolutions.
      Make sure your resolution is selected after patching the game exe.
      There will be UI alignment issues, especially noticeable at the world map, but the game appears to be fully playable with no elements out of view.
      Tested the latest Steam version at 2560x1080, 3440x1440, 3840x1080 and 5120x1440.

• By Rose
      The small patcher for Röki unlocks all resolutions and removes the side black bars in the game. A known game issue exposed by the solution is that the top and bottom black bars that appear at the cutscenes will have their width limited to 16:9 - as seen in the screenshots.
      Unpack the archive Copy \Röki_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll from the game folder to the desktop Patch the file Copy the file back to \Röki_Data\Managed\ and replace. Tested the latest Steam version at 2560x1080 and 3840x1080.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 210 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online