PCGamingWiki will use a Single Sign On (SSO) system to bridge wiki and forum accounts which is ready for testing. You may login using the 'Login with PCGamingWiki' button on both the wiki and the forum, which will soon be the only option. If you have any issues please message Andytizer on Discord.

2 Screenshots

About This File

Unpack the archive with software like 7zip, then patch the main game exe with the tool.

This will remove the letterboxing (black bars) from the game, resulting in more vertical FOV than ever before. There will be some vertical stretching of the menu and subtitles.

Support with a donation.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello. Password is not working. 

pcgw is working now. Sorry I'm probably stupid or blind. 

Share this comment

Thank you sooo much, you just saved my purchase right there!

The experience is tons better now, I could not thank you enough.

My best wishes, Rose!

Share this comment

Hi Rose ,

Ive tried downloading this on 2 Pcs and it says the password is wrong.

Can not open encrypted archive.wrong password?

Headers error.

Thats the mesage I get ! please help

Share this comment

28 minutes ago, Edelgard2105 said:

Hi Rose ,

Ive tried downloading this on 2 Pcs and it says the password is wrong.

Can not open encrypted archive.wrong password?

Headers error.

Thats the mesage I get ! please help

It still unpacks without issues on my end. What did you use to attempt to unpack it? Try another app, such as WinRar, 7zip or PeaZip.

Share this comment

Virustotal writes that 8 viruses were found in BeyondLetterbox.exe 😥

Share this comment

Just now, Xted said:

Virustotal writes that 8 viruses were found in BeyondLetterbox.exe 😥

That is false flagging but it is normal for patchers, trainers made in Cheat Engine and other fixes. It is one of the reasons WSGF had to be retired and move to reddit.

The latest PCGamingWiki policy on files also acknowledges this. Still, keep scanning files in VirusTotal, look at the details or even do your own sandbox testing for malicious activity when you think a file is suspicious and potentially harmful.

The best I can do is tell you that it's not when it comes from me.

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, Rose said:

That is false flagging but it is normal for patchers, trainers made in Cheat Engine and other fixes. It is one of the reasons WSGF had to be retired and move to reddit.

Thank you for clarifying this matter.

Share this comment

Ok,i got it too work when i put the pw in it shows that you put it as .7z at the end,i removed this and it worked.maybe clear this up for others as the game looks beautiful now,although alot more demanding.

Thanks for replying Rose and doing this for us pc crowd who want a great experience 

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Aemony
      PCGW mirror of Steam user Phi Zero's DualShock 4 button prompts mod and Steam guide for ONINAKI.
      Phi Zero's Steam Guide Original download link (Google Drive)  
      Installing the mod   After downloading the zip file, extract it in your ONINAKI folder.
      Example C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ONINAKI Simply double click _install_prompts.bat Done!
      If you don't trust batch files or just want to do it manually:
      Simply move the buttonprompts_pc file over to
      -> ONINAKI\ONINAKI_Data\StreamingAssets\STEAM\ui\platform\pc
        Uninstalling the mod Just double-click _uninstall_prompts.bat or just rename the original file back if you did it manually.  
      OPTIONAL: Changing the pause button
        On PS4, the pause button is touchpad. However, the default controller config has this mapped to Share.
      If you do not care about this, you're done. If you'd like to change this, read on.
      Please note that if you do not change this, in game the pause button will show the touchpad, but it's instead the Share button!
        Connect controller and turn it on.
        Right-click on ONINAKI in your Steam library and select Edit Steam Controller Configuration

Click on the touchpad mapping (which should say Mouse Button) then change it to:
      Single Button -> Trackpack Click -> SELECT

Done!
    • By Rose
      Abzu supports 21:9 out of the box but somewhat reduces the vertical FOV compared to 16:9. At 48:9, FOV is too small for the game to be playable.
      The existing solution initially posted to WSGF severely increases the vertical FOV compared to 16:9.
      Applying one of the patchers included here will match the vertical FOV to 16:9, making each game scene look closer to how it was envisioned by the developers.
      Unpack the applicable archive, then use the tool to patch \AbzuGame\Binaries\Win64\AbzuGame-Win64-Shipping.exe within the game folder.
      Tested with the latest Origin version.
      You can buy me a coffee here.
    • By Rose
      The mod removes all pillarboxing (for ultrawide and multimonitor users) and letterboxing (for regular monitor users).
      Option 1: Download the modified wwzRetailEgs.exe to replace the original game .exe found in \en_us\client\bin\pc\ within the game folder.
      Option 2: Use 7zip or similar software to unpack the patcher archive, then point it at the game exe.
      The solution is essentially approved by the developers that said it won't be bannable, then pinned the message on their official Discord.
      You can buy me a coffee here.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 93 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online