2 Screenshots

About This File

Unpack the archive with software like 7zip, then patch the main game exe with the tool.

This will remove the letterboxing (black bars) from the game, resulting in more vertical FOV than ever before. There will be some vertical stretching of the menu and subtitles.

Support with a donation.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you sooo much, you just saved my purchase right there!

The experience is tons better now, I could not thank you enough.

My best wishes, Rose!

Share this comment

Hi Rose ,

Ive tried downloading this on 2 Pcs and it says the password is wrong.

Can not open encrypted archive.wrong password?

Headers error.

Thats the mesage I get ! please help

Share this comment

28 minutes ago, Edelgard2105 said:

Hi Rose ,

Ive tried downloading this on 2 Pcs and it says the password is wrong.

Can not open encrypted archive.wrong password?

Headers error.

Thats the mesage I get ! please help

It still unpacks without issues on my end. What did you use to attempt to unpack it? Try another app, such as WinRar, 7zip or PeaZip.

Share this comment

Just now, Xted said:

Virustotal writes that 8 viruses were found in BeyondLetterbox.exe 😥

That is false flagging but it is normal for patchers, trainers made in Cheat Engine and other fixes. It is one of the reasons WSGF had to be retired and move to reddit.

The latest PCGamingWiki policy on files also acknowledges this. Still, keep scanning files in VirusTotal, look at the details or even do your own sandbox testing for malicious activity when you think a file is suspicious and potentially harmful.

The best I can do is tell you that it's not when it comes from me.

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, Rose said:

That is false flagging but it is normal for patchers, trainers made in Cheat Engine and other fixes. It is one of the reasons WSGF had to be retired and move to reddit.

Thank you for clarifying this matter.

Share this comment

Ok,i got it too work when i put the pw in it shows that you put it as .7z at the end,i removed this and it worked.maybe clear this up for others as the game looks beautiful now,although alot more demanding.

Thanks for replying Rose and doing this for us pc crowd who want a great experience 

Share this comment

So I just tried this mod on the demo and it worked but it seems that the subtitles now cut off sceeen if the text is longer than two lines, anyway to fix that? Resolution I'm on is 1920x1080

Share this comment

Why even bother with a password?

It adds a useless layer of complexity, that some people have experienced issues with, and yet it has absolutely no benefit.

If I wanted to reupload your tool on another site (I don't), I'd just repack it anyway.

Removing the password requirement is the biggest reason I can see for actually providing another download.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Uhuru N'Uru said:

Why even bother with a password?

It adds a useless layer of complexity, that some people have experienced issues with, and yet it has absolutely no benefit.

If I wanted to reupload your tool on another site (I don't), I'd just repack it anyway.

Removing the password requirement is the biggest reason I can see for actually providing another download.

I agree but there's no other simple way around the problem.

Share this comment

OK it's PCGW policy, but it's overkill, and a totally useless policy.

You don't protect a damn thing by using the same password, for every archive.

Also I've never seen any archive get flagged like that, only exes, etc, uploaded without archiving.

That's also what the WSGF issue was about, raw directly executable files, not archived ones.

This policy should be changed to simply requiring archives, which fulfils the required false positive avoidance, and as a secondary benefit, reduces the download size, and thus entire hosting requirements for the site.

Archives make sense, passwords don't, but I now understand it's not your choice.

Share this comment