Jump to content

Beyond: Two Souls letterboxing remover 20190708


2 Screenshots

About This File

Unpack the archive with software like 7zip, then patch the main game exe with the tool.

This will remove the letterboxing (black bars) from the game, resulting in more vertical FOV than ever before. There will be some vertical stretching of the menu and subtitles.

If you have the game on Steam, you will first need to adapt and follow the first steps of my DQB2 guide in order to apply the patcher. Such are the rules!

Support with a donation.




User Feedback

Recommended Comments



Thank you sooo much, you just saved my purchase right there!

The experience is tons better now, I could not thank you enough.

 

My best wishes, Rose!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Rose ,

Ive tried downloading this on 2 Pcs and it says the password is wrong.

Can not open encrypted archive.wrong password?

Headers error.

 

Thats the mesage I get ! please help

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Edelgard2105 said:

Hi Rose ,

Ive tried downloading this on 2 Pcs and it says the password is wrong.

Can not open encrypted archive.wrong password?

Headers error.

 

Thats the mesage I get ! please help

It still unpacks without issues on my end. What did you use to attempt to unpack it? Try another app, such as WinRar, 7zip or PeaZip.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Just now, Xted said:

Virustotal writes that 8 viruses were found in BeyondLetterbox.exe 😥

That is false flagging but it is normal for patchers, trainers made in Cheat Engine and other fixes. It is one of the reasons WSGF had to be retired and move to reddit.

The latest PCGamingWiki policy on files also acknowledges this. Still, keep scanning files in VirusTotal, look at the details or even do your own sandbox testing for malicious activity when you think a file is suspicious and potentially harmful.

The best I can do is tell you that it's not when it comes from me.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rose said:

That is false flagging but it is normal for patchers, trainers made in Cheat Engine and other fixes. It is one of the reasons WSGF had to be retired and move to reddit.

Thank you for clarifying this matter.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok,i got it too work when i put the pw in it shows that you put it as .7z at the end,i removed this and it worked.maybe clear this up for others as the game looks beautiful now,although alot more demanding.

Thanks for replying Rose and doing this for us pc crowd who want a great experience 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I just tried this mod on the demo and it worked but it seems that the subtitles now cut off sceeen if the text is longer than two lines, anyway to fix that? Resolution I'm on is 1920x1080

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why even bother with a password?

It adds a useless layer of complexity, that some people have experienced issues with, and yet it has absolutely no benefit.

If I wanted to reupload your tool on another site (I don't), I'd just repack it anyway.

Removing the password requirement is the biggest reason I can see for actually providing another download.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Uhuru N'Uru said:

Why even bother with a password?

It adds a useless layer of complexity, that some people have experienced issues with, and yet it has absolutely no benefit.

If I wanted to reupload your tool on another site (I don't), I'd just repack it anyway.

Removing the password requirement is the biggest reason I can see for actually providing another download.

I agree but there's no other simple way around the problem.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK it's PCGW policy, but it's overkill, and a totally useless policy.

You don't protect a damn thing by using the same password, for every archive.

Also I've never seen any archive get flagged like that, only exes, etc, uploaded without archiving.

That's also what the WSGF issue was about, raw directly executable files, not archived ones.

This policy should be changed to simply requiring archives, which fulfils the required false positive avoidance, and as a secondary benefit, reduces the download size, and thus entire hosting requirements for the site.

Archives make sense, passwords don't, but I now understand it's not your choice.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your answer.
Headache for me : my whole game directory was on read-only protection !

The patch works fine 🙂 despite the fact 2 lines-subtitles are now out of screen !

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

i got the game on Steam, patched the main exe as directed, only the game crashes when attempting to launch now

the main exe is named BeyondTwoSouls_Steam.exe  is it because its the Steam version it's not working or is it something else.  I changed my folder from Read Only as another poster mentioned

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cereal_keller@yahoo.com said:

i got the game on Steam, patched the main exe as directed, only the game crashes when attempting to launch now

the main exe is named BeyondTwoSouls_Steam.exe  is it because its the Steam version it's not working or is it something else.  I changed my folder from Read Only as another poster mentioned

It's most likely a Steamstub issue. Adapt and follow the first steps of my DQB guide to work around it. Sadly, I'm not allowed to go into detail about Steamstub unpacking on PCGW.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rose said:

It's most likely a Steamstub issue. Adapt and follow the first steps of my DQB guide to work around it. Sadly, I'm not allowed to go into detail about Steamstub unpacking on PCGW.

yes, that worked.  Although, I have to launch the game using the .exe because Steam will automatically replace it if I try running it through the Steam UI

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cereal_keller@yahoo.com said:

yes, that worked.  Although, I have to launch the game using the .exe because Steam will automatically replace it if I try running it through the Steam UI

I don't think that is how Steam updates work. There are a lot of cutscene skip solutions on the wiki that involve renaming or removing files. Unless verified or updated, you can use a modified exe to replace the old - just make sure it fully matches the old name.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know this isn't totally related to the letterbox remover however I wonder if you can help.

I am running the latest Epic version and the letterbox remover works fine, however if I try to uncap the FPS using the patcher from the wiki it reverts the letterboxing, trying to hex edit manually the search strings aren't found.  Any suggestions?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
Just now, weirdsciencex said:

I know this isn't totally related to the letterbox remover however I wonder if you can help.

I am running the latest Epic version and the letterbox remover works fine, however if I try to uncap the FPS using the patcher from the wiki it reverts the letterboxing, trying to hex edit manually the search strings aren't found.  Any suggestions?


Look for the bytes as hex values, not text strings. I updated the instructions in the article to reflect this.
I have no idea why the FPS patcher would affect the letterboxing though. It's not like it contains any of the game code to put it back in.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rose said:


Look for the bytes as hex values, not text strings. I updated the instructions in the article to reflect this.
I have no idea why the FPS patcher would affect the letterboxing though. It's not like it contains any of the game code to put it back in.

I did that to no avail, I even restored it to its default exe.  I did then manage to find and replace the two hex and then apply the letterboxing but the framerate is still locked to 60, am I missing something obvious?

 

EDIT: I even tried just the fps patcher, it says it worked but the FPS was still on 60

Tj96bGmKry.jpg

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weirdsciencex said:

I did that to no avail, I even restored it to its default exe.  I did then manage to find and replace the two hex and then apply the letterboxing but the framerate is still locked to 60, am I missing something obvious?

 

EDIT: I even tried just the fps patcher, it says it worked but the FPS was still on 60

It's the always-on vsync, as described in the article. Here are the solutions the article also links to.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rose said:

I don't think that is how Steam updates work. There are a lot of cutscene skip solutions on the wiki that involve renaming or removing files. Unless verified or updated, you can use a modified exe to replace the old - just make sure it fully matches the old name.

I did do that, but the first time I tried launching the game it deleted it and created a new one, I've never seen that happen before and I watched the file literally disappear and a new one pop up in it's place while Steam showed downloading 1 file for this game.  It's not a big deal, I just pinned it to my start menu and I'll launch it from there.  I mean, I'll only  be playing  this game for a few days max then I'll finish it and remove it from my storage.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello I'm new to this whole thing and created my account just to comment on this.

Whenever i use the Letterbox Remover the subtitles will sometimes only be half visible like It's sunk down at the bottom of my screen.

I really hope someone can help me with this problem.

PS I commented this once but i think i accidentally did it as a reply to someone 😛

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

    • By AlphaYellow
      I made this RAR file, which includes crimelife.exe binaries for 15:9, 16:9, 16:10, 21:9, 32:9, 32:10, 3x15:9, 3x16:10 and 3x16:9 aspect ratios.
      Instructions:
      - Extract the executable that corresponds to the aspect ratio you want to use, to the root game folder, replacing any original files.
      -Select the resolution you wish in the game's graphics options.
      Password: pcgw
    • By kamiccolo
      SUWSF modified for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

      Shout out to Phantom, Lyall and the rest of the team from WSGF for the support!
      https://github.com/phantomgamers/suwsf#module

      Cheers everyone and I hope you enjoy the 21x9 fix.
      Link to PCGW for new Launcher.
      https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X/X-2_HD_Remaster
      Visit WSGF for all your ultrawide needs!
      Link to WSGF.
      https://www.wsgf.org/
    • By Patrxgt
      Medal of Honor: Airborne Field of View fix is an unofficial patch for Medal of Honor: Airborne, which allows to change in-game field of view with use of movement keys (W,S,A,D) to to increase the comfort of the game.
    • By AlphaYellow
      Comes with a RAR file (made by Dege), which includes Donald.exe binaries for 5:4, 16:9, 16:10 and 21:9 aspect ratios, and a DLL file (GliDX6vf.dll) to fix the intermittent FPS loss (jumps between 30 and 60 FPS during gameplay), so it always runs at the full framerate (60 FPS).
      Instructions:
      - Extract the executable that corresponds to the aspect ratio you want to use and the "DLL" folder, both to the root game folder, replacing any original files.
      - Use dgVoodoo to force a resolution that matches the aspect ratio you chose from the fix (Changing resolution from the config file ubi.ini in "C:\Windows\UbiSoft" makes the game crash)

      Credits go to: AuToMaNiAk005 (creator of widescreen fix), Dege (creator of dgVoodoo)
      Password: pcgw
    • By AlphaYellow
      Comes with a RAR file, which includes mohpa.exe binaries for 16:9, 16:10, 21:9 and multimonitor aspect ratios.
      Instructions:
      - Extract the executable that corresponds to the aspect ratio you want to use, to the root game folder, replacing any original files.
      Password: pcgw
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 565 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Member Statistics

    7,864
    Total Members
    3,870
    Most Online
    clay regazzoni
    Newest Member
    clay regazzoni
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...