Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV, more

8 Screenshots

About This File

1. Download the included trainer and unpack it with software like PeaZip. The password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game, then the tool.
  3. Press the shown keys to remove the black bars and adjust FOV as desired.

Alternatively, for the DRM-free version, use the included aspect ratio patchers to target \BloodstainedRotN\Binaries\Win64\BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping.exe within the game folder.

To avoid upscaling, edit %LOCALAPPDATA%\BloodstainedRotN\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini and at the end add
ResolutionSizeX=YOUR_WIDTH
ResolutionSizeY=YOUR_HEIGHT
and set FullscreenMode=0
Changing game settings may reset the above.

Tested on the latest Steam version at 2560x1080 and 5120x1440.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

What's New in Version 3.1   See changelog

Released

Trainer updated to support the latest game version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 minute ago, n221bbakerst@hotmail.com said:

...  so.  Let's say you're in the save game room, and you know... there IS NO game content beyond the native resolution?  Yeh, I sure felt like a nitwit.  Soon as I was in the next room and it opened up.  May have to go back and check to see if the first option worked.  

Hi. That is the expected behavior of the mod working. The save room simply does not have enough width to display because it is not meant to be side-scrolled. Every room that is scrollable will have more of the world to see at once.

Share this comment

BloodstainedQuestion.thumb.jpg.93ac913df8aea57ac39acd2a69e48cca.jpgLove the patch, definitely makes the game more awesome, but am I the only who gets these timestamps (?) after saving or pressing pause?  GOG version (Patch 1.10).  Tested it on both old saves and in a fresh new playthrough, happens either way.

Share this comment

58 minutes ago, wildmonkeydog said:

BloodstainedQuestion.thumb.jpg.93ac913df8aea57ac39acd2a69e48cca.jpgLove the patch, definitely makes the game more awesome, but am I the only who gets these timestamps (?) after saving or pressing pause?  GOG version (Patch 1.10).  Tested it on both old saves and in a fresh new playthrough, happens either way.

That is working as expected. It's how the developers designed the UI, knowing it would just slide from the otherwise hidden area. You will see the same thing in Jurassic Park from Telltale if you use the ultrawide patcher.

Share this comment

14 hours ago, wildmonkeydog said:

...tried to run the trainer, but Windows Defender blocked and removed it as a trojan...

Trainers are usually seen as malicious programs by anti-virus software because of the way they operate (injecting into other processes and changing memory).

If you trust it, just whitelist it.  If you don't, don't use it.

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, DAOWAce said:

Trainers are usually seen as malicious programs by anti-virus software because of the way they operate (injecting into other processes and changing memory).

If you trust it, just whitelist it.  If you don't, don't use it.

Thanks.  I guess it just threw me off as on the last patch it just ran with no issues or warnings.

Share this comment

So I know I am just being a pain, but am I supposed to run the trainer each time I play?  I don’t remember the old one doing that.  Played last night, ran the trainer, whitelisted the trainer, everything was fine. Played again tonight, had to run the trainer again, blocked again by Windows Defender with a different name on it, everything was fine.  Had to run into work, came back, went to play again and had to run the trainer again.

Am I missing something?

Share this comment

Just now, wildmonkeydog said:

So I know I am just being a pain, but am I supposed to run the trainer each time I play?  I don’t remember the old one doing that.  Played last night, ran the trainer, whitelisted the trainer, everything was fine. Played again tonight, had to run the trainer again, blocked again by Windows Defender with a different name on it, everything was fine.  Had to run into work, came back, went to play again and had to run the trainer again.

Am I missing something?

The old trainer had to be run each time like every other trainer, while the patchers did not. Some of the reasons for the patchers' removal are in the update notes.

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, Rose said:

The old trainer had to be run each time like every other trainer, while the patchers did not. Some of the reasons for the patchers' removal are in the update notes.

I guess I used the patcher last time and just stopped thinking about it.  Thank you.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, gungnir said:

can you update this for the latest version of steam and game

Already supported, tested today.

Share this comment