Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV, more 2.0

8 Screenshots

About This File

Option 1: Use the included aspect ratio patchers to target \BloodstainedRotN\Binaries\Win64\BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping.exe within the game folder. For the Steam version, follow the steps of this guide.
Option 2 (works with Game Pass):

1. Download the included trainer and unpack it with software like PeaZip. The password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game, then the tool.
  3. Press the shown keys to remove the black bars and adjust FOV as desired.

To avoid upscaling, edit %LOCALAPPDATA%\BloodstainedRotN\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini and at the end add
ResolutionSizeX=YOUR_WIDTH
ResolutionSizeY=YOUR_HEIGHT
and set FullscreenMode=0
Changing game settings may reset the above.

Tested the latest GOG and Xbox Game Pass versions at 2560x1080, 3840x1080, 5760x1080 and 3240x2160.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

Added a trainer that works with the Microsoft Store / Game Pass version of the game and allows to adjust FOV in real time.

Updated the 21:9, 32:9 and 48:9 patchers for slightly more accurate FOV adjustment.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Really excellent work, very impressed you managed to create this hack so quickly! Can now play it on my 3440x1440 ultrawidescreen.

Share this comment

Warps the menu background a little bit and causes some weird thing to appear at the bottom right of the minimap.. but at least it works.

And hey, if we make it go back to 16:9 it actually zooms out so we can see more of the game world! ..which further distorts the menu backgrounds. Oh well.

Would still prefer devs not to be stupid about game design; especially UE4 which fully supports arbitrary resolutions out of the box.  Someone's probably already tried it, but I've gotta see if the aspect ratio control setting works via .ini edit.. Nope..

Share this comment

Not work on Steam.

Error Message : the downloadable content required for this save is not available

Share this comment

48 minutes ago, popularty said:

Not work on Steam.

Error Message : the downloadable content required for this save is not available

Either you're not doing it right or you have a pirated copy. There have been no game updates to break the mod.

Share this comment

Rose! Awesome stuff!! Thank you so much for your hard work.

Is it possible to add additional resolutions? Such as 3840x1600 and 3240x2160?

Or will the mods already available support those two resolutions natively? Thank you!!

Share this comment

On 7/22/2019 at 9:10 PM, herrblue said:

Rose! Awesome stuff!! Thank you so much for your hard work.

Is it possible to add additional resolutions? Such as 3840x1600 and 3240x2160?

Or will the mods already available support those two resolutions natively? Thank you!!

I made a patcher for 3:2 to remove the letterboxing and added it to the files (preview here). For 3840x1600, try the 21:9 exe.

Share this comment

On 10/11/2019 at 6:19 AM, paper_pony said:

Hi. If it possible, can you make 1280x1024 patch. Tnx for your work!

Hi. You can use the trainer I uploaded today and if necessary set your resolution as instructed in the description.

55.thumb.png.5218652575ba6b65a3c7344273c76acd.png

Share this comment

Hi I tried to use your trainer with my game pass version but window defender says its a virus. Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml

Share this comment

5 hours ago, gabimbon said:

Hi I tried to use your trainer with my game pass version but window defender says its a virus. Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml

A common false flag. You can generate your own trainer in CE with just a few buttons and check it against VirusTotal to verify.

Share this comment

Hey folks smarter than me!

I've got an official version from Steam, updated to the most recent patch.  I receive the following steam error when launching the game after patching the proper file "Application load error 3:00000065432".  Anybody aware what could be causing that?

Thanks all for the assistance!

EDIT:  I'm and idiot.  Should have read the instructions.  Got it fixed!

Share this comment

Awesome stuff, Rose. Thanks. One question: for 3440x1440, which ratio should I use? 

Share this comment