Max Payne Anthology Definitive Fixes

About This File

I compiled the most used fixes for the first two games, and decided to upload them here. To install them you need to unpack the files to the game folders and apply "sound fix.reg" (It might not be needed with this game, but other games could use it so I recommend it anyway) and optionally apply "all difficulties.reg" if you want every difficulty and game mode unlocked from the start. I also recommend the Max Payne Remastered mod for the first game here. If you want to use DgVooDoo 2 you need to disable d3d8to9 in global.ini and rename d3d8.dll to dinput.dll.
the fixes included are:

What's New in Version 1.6   See changelog

Released

Updated DSOAL
[MP1] Replaced the Fugitive values with the default PC ones instead, as they are more balanced for KBM.
[MP2] Removed the Fixed Payne and Fixing the Payne mods, as the "Updated Classic" on steam make it redundant. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello, this is a well-rounded fix pack, but I'd suggest updating the dsoal to the current build. The default out of the box setting works just fine for Max Payne 2.

Index of /hosted/dsoal-builds/ (vaporeon.io)

The old one produces static noise issues on a few levels (the most noticeable one is the first level).

Also, I don't understand the need for weapon patches. It does nothing but crash the game.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, rana said:

Hello, this is a well-rounded fix pack, but I'd suggest updating the dsoal to the current build. The default out of the box setting works just fine for Max Payne 2.

Index of /hosted/dsoal-builds/ (vaporeon.io)

The old one produces static noise issues on a few levels (the most noticeable one is the first level).

Also, I don't understand the need for weapon patches. It does nothing but crash the game.

Wierd that the new version isn't available anywhere else, thanks.

Weapon patch is for mods, and you must have done something wrong since it doesn't crash when installed correctly.

Share this comment

Is this mod where the "level select" custom game option in the Max Payne 1 launcher comes from? How do I select difficulty when using the level select, instead of being locked into Fugitive difficulty?

Share this comment