8 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the gameplay and in-level cutscenes at 21:9 and 32:9 resolutions.

1. Download and unpack the archive using software like 7zip or PeaZip. The password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game first, followed by the tool.
  3. Press the keys as instructed while in the main menu of the game. If already playing, switch to windowed and back.

Tested the latest Xbox Game Pass / Microsoft Store version at 2560x1080 and 3840x1080. Additionally verified by a WSGF member at 3440x1440.
You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

Mirrored here.

What's New in Version 2.0   See changelog

Released

32:9 support added.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

11 hours ago, blueasis said:

Does not work with 21:9

Still works on my end today. You have to make sure to follow the instructions and set to fullscreen or off after applying the changes.

Share this comment

26 minutes ago, Rose said:

Still works on my end today. You have to make sure to follow the instructions and set to fullscreen or off after applying the changes.

My steps look like this:
Open game, Open tool, F6, F10(which doesnt highlight green for some reason?), F9, then alt+enter to fullscreen, then press continue on the title screen.

Is this order of operations wrong?

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, blueasis said:

My steps look like this:
Open game, Open tool, F6, F10(which doesnt highlight green for some reason?), F9, then alt+enter to fullscreen, then press continue on the title screen.

Is this order of operations wrong?

Yes, it has to be F9 first, then F6 (and F10 if needed). Then change the fullscreen mode.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Rose said:

Yes, it has to be F9 first, then F6 (and F10 if needed). Then change the fullscreen mode.

Okay I have tested doing f9 first, still nothing. I have tested with the game in focus and with the tool in focus etc, nothing. I appreciate the help but the tool does not work on my end. ☹️

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, blueasis said:

Okay I have tested doing f9 first, still nothing. I have tested with the game in focus and with the tool in focus etc, nothing. I appreciate the help but the tool does not work on my end. ☹️

Where do you have the game?

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, Rose said:

Where do you have the game?

Not on my :C drive, but on a separate SSD. ive tried moving the tool around different drives just now but no dice. Maybe the game needs to be on :C?

Share this comment

1 minute ago, blueasis said:

Not on my :C drive, but on a separate SSD. ive tried moving the tool around different drives just now but no dice. Maybe the game needs to be on :C?

Sorry, I mean on which gaming platform? 😃

Share this comment

16 minutes ago, blueasis said:

Steam! 🙂

The Steam version is built differently from the Microsoft Store version, which I used to develop the fix. Try the following from lucadp89 (make sure you're NOT searching for strings):

If you want to patch the steam version you have to open the Assembly-CSharp.dll file in the New Super Luckys Tale\nslt_Data\Managed folder with an hex editor (for example HxD) and search and replace all the values 39 8E E3 3F with 26 B4 17 40 for the 2560x1080 resolution or replace 39 8E E3 3F values with 8E E3 18 40 for the 3440x1440 resolution.

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, Rose said:

If you want to patch the steam version you have to open the Assembly-CSharp.dll file in the New Super Luckys Tale\nslt_Data\Managed folder with an hex editor (for example HxD) and search and replace all the values 39 8E E3 3F with 26 B4 17 40 for the 2560x1080 resolution or replace 39 8E E3 3F values with 8E E3 18 40 for the 3440x1440 resolution.

Ah ok thanks, I appreciate the help.

I understand your description says "Tested the latest Xbox Game Pass / Microsoft Store version" but I think its important to specify that the tool does not support the Steam version.

Here is the modified Assembly-CSharp.dll for any future viewers of this thread.

Assembly-CSharp.dll

Share this comment