Grand Theft Auto V FOV, ultrawide - new FWS script

11 Screenshots

About This File

A total overhaul of the old Flawless Widescreen script for GTA V that has been dysfunctional for many months if not longer.
As before, it allows for fine-tuning of FOV per each view - first person, in-vehicle, ADS, and third person. It also allows to remove the pillarboxing at cutscenes at 21:9 and wider, although having the latter enabled may cause some confirmation prompts to disappear at 32:9 and wider until disabled.

1. Download and install Flawless Widescreen.
  2. Download this script and unpack the archive.
  3. Put its contents in the main Flawless Widescreen folder (usually \Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\).
  4. Launch Flawless Widescreen, select Grand Theft Auto V (updated) and set everything to preference.

Tested the latest game version at 2560x1080, 3440x1440, 3840x1080, and 5760x1080.

You can buy me a coffee.

What's New in Version 1.1

Released

Two fix patterns updated to be more inclusive and support the latest game version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi Rose!! Thank you so much for this fix, been hoping for one for a long time!! :) I'm experiencing an issue where the fix does not enable (the checkbox unchecks itself) and there's a message that  says "Could not find FP_FOVFix injection point, Grand Theft Auto V may have updated to a version that is no longer supported.  Try restarting Grand Theft Auto V or selecting a different version and re-enable the fix." I am using SweetFX and Reshade and was wondering if it's possible the letterbox fix is conflicting with those?  Attached screenshot of the message and my installation paths for the fix:

gta5fws.png

gta5installscreenshots.png

Share this comment

It seems that you are not selecting the updated version. I downloaded this today and it worked perfectly fine, but on the flawless widescreen app there are two GTA plugins, you have to select the one with "(updated)" at the end. The author of the new one is Rose, you are using the original from HaYDeN.

1.png

2.PNG

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, masterboy9 said:

It seems that you are not selecting the updated version. I downloaded this today and it worked perfectly fine, but on the flawless widescreen app there are two GTA plugins, you have to select the one with "(updated)" at the end. The author of the new one is Rose, you are using the original from HaYDeN.

1.png

2.PNG

Amazing!! Thank you SO much I appreciate your help!

Share this comment

Thanks, masterboy9.
I intentionally avoided overwriting the old FWS script so that a repo update wouldn't restore the one by HaYDeN.
I did my best to separate the new from the old - there's a new name, background, and even icons. It's also under WSGF Plugins, not FWS Plugins. The crucial "(updated)" part is in step 4 of the instructions and also in the last screenshot.

Share this comment

Is it possible to get this to work with FiveM? I edited the LUA file for it and changed the process to FiveM.exe but I get the error FoVFP error. It says that it's outdated.

Share this comment

Can't seem to get this to work with Rage MP-- status is stuck on "Searching for Grand Theft Auto V (updated) process, please configure desired settings and launch the game"

Share this comment

Hey rose! im using your mod and it works great, but it doesn't work on the stripclub dance minigame, is there a way to increase the FOV there?

Share this comment

Is this now depreciated? Cause i can’t get it to work.

I enable the fix and check every box, but when i launch the game ‘fix enabled’ checkmark unchecks itself and cannot be checked back on. I’m using updated one. Is it just me? Could it be conflicting with mods? Or maybe because my gta is epic store version?

Share this comment

4 hours ago, one eyed smile said:

Is this now depreciated? Cause i can’t get it to work.

I enable the fix and check every box, but when i launch the game ‘fix enabled’ checkmark unchecks itself and cannot be checked back on. I’m using updated one. Is it just me? Could it be conflicting with mods? Or maybe because my gta is epic store version?

I can't imagine the Epic version being different but the conflicting with other mods is a possibility.
The script is still working fine on my end today.

Share this comment

Nvm. I fixed it by reinstalling flawless widescreen again. I didn’t have the option to check ‘acknowledge and ignore’ at first. Maybe i messed somethings up in the installation. Mod works great! Is there a way to keep all the settings even when restarted the pc?

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, briggy said:

Hi,

Does this still work officially? For me it does not unfortunately (may be just an isolated issue)? 

I'm not sure what you mean by officially. My "(updated)" plugin is still working as intended on my end today. I toggled each of the boxes and moved some of the sliders to make sure it's reflected in the game.

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, Rose said:

I'm not sure what you mean by officially. My "(updated)" plugin is still working as intended on my end today. I toggled each of the boxes and moved some of the sliders to make sure it's reflected in the game.

Many thanks for the swift response. 

"Officially" as in does it still work, which you have confirmed that it does - thanks once again. I re-installed it and it seems to be playing ball now  so please dis-regard. 

Is there anyway to adjust the HUD sizing elements to correctly fit the map for 21:9? Sorry if it's a dumb question. 

Share this comment

10 minutes ago, briggy said:

Is there anyway to adjust the HUD sizing elements to correctly fit the map for 21:9? Sorry if it's a dumb question. 

There are two mods set to achieve it but I don't know whether they still work or how they work.

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, Rose said:

There are two mods set to achieve it but I don't know whether they still work or how they work.

Cheers for this once again. 

I primarily play online and as these mods listed above definitively require OpenIV I will refrain, as will most likely end in a ban. 

Share this comment

Hi, im having issues with flawless and i wondered if you could help, everytime i open flawless it says that i need to open GTA5 which i do and it then says in the status tab ( what i have shown in the picture below. Ive tried redownloading flawless,steam,GTA5 and still it says the same. I believe its to do with the location of my game but i really dont know, thanks for reading,

denbe

Screenshot_45.png

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, denbe.yt@gmail.com said:

Hi, im having issues with flawless and i wondered if you could help, everytime i open flawless it says that i need to open GTA5 which i do and it then says in the status tab ( what i have shown in the picture below. Ive tried redownloading flawless,steam,GTA5 and still it says the same. I believe its to do with the location of my game but i really dont know, thanks for reading,

denbe

Hi. I've not come across this issue before. It may be an issue of permissions, as Flawless Widescreen requires to be run as an administrator.

Share this comment

Ive tried what you said and sadly still nothing has changed its still going off with the hacktool thing, if its possible could you run me through all the whole process and we can try get to the bottom to together on a discord call or something?, that would be very helpful if you could my discord tag is DenBe#2724 so if you can add me and ill notify you on there when i can call you thank you

Share this comment

5 hours ago, denbe.yt@gmail.com said:

Ive tried what you said and sadly still nothing has changed its still going off with the hacktool thing, if its possible could you run me through all the whole process and we can try get to the bottom to together on a discord call or something?, that would be very helpful if you could my discord tag is DenBe#2724 so if you can add me and ill notify you on there when i can call you thank you

Make sure you have 2010 C++ installed as flawless wide-screen will not work without it:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Share this comment