Terminator: Resistance FOV changer & 16:9 letterbox remover

7 Screenshots

About This File

The FOV tool attempts to automatically correct the field of view of the cutscenes at 21:9 and wider and allows for real-time FOV adjustment affecting all scenes at any resolution.

As any trainer based on CE components, it may trigger some anti-virus software.

1. Use software like 7zip or PeaZip to unpack the archive. The password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game first, followed by the tool.
  3. Press the hotkeys as instructed.

The letterbox remover tool is a patcher, which may require the use of Steamless as a prerequisite on Steam.

Tested the latest Steam version at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080. The game copy was generously funded by AlRayes of Ultrawide Benchmarks.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

The mod previously removed pillarboxing from the gameplay and menu, as well as letterboxing from the cutscenes.

What's New in Version 2.0.1   See changelog

Released

Removed the patchers previously used to achieve perfect ultrawide support with no FOV loss at all scenes at 21:9, 32:9 and 48:9, as the game got updated to remove black bars and receive hor+ support at gameplay.

Created an FOV changer instead.

Added a patcher for letterboxing removal at 16:9.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

In my experience (I used almost all mods from Rose) there was never a trojan or virus in it! The virus scanner often allerts when the file was too new. 

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Deventer11 said:

In my experience (I used almost all mods from Rose) there was never a trojan or virus in it! The virus scanner often allerts when the file was too new. 

Dude, it doesn't just randomly report a trojan, if that's the case then why did it nor report the other 2?

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, Soulreape said:

Dude, it doesn't just randomly report a trojan, if that's the case then why did it nor report the other 2?

It actually does!

Share this comment

Hi, I tried using the letterbox remover for the 16:9 version (1.028a) and it keeps saying it was not patched. Am I missing something? There is no readme in the zip.

Share this comment

I tried to remove the letter boxes from the game with your patch and it said it was not patched, I followed the instructions correctly. Does it not work anymore? Thanks making the mod. 

Capture.PNG

Share this comment

2 hours ago, IndianaDucky said:

Sorry for posting again. 

Capture.PNG

The exe needs to be unpacked with another tool first. Google steamstub. I will also PM you

Share this comment

7 hours ago, liav24 said:

hi

wont work for me, it says the EXE file was not patched \=

Hi. I addressed it in a recent comment here. As much as I would like to, the wiki rules do not allow me to provide step-by-step instructions for unpacking the exe.

Share this comment

On 1/10/2020 at 10:35 PM, Rose said:

The exe needs to be unpacked with another tool first. Google steamstub. I will also PM you

I used the letterbox remover and it said it was patched successfully. Yet, I still have the damn letterbox on the sides. Resolution already set to 2560x1080 in the gameusersettings.ini. Tried using Steamless but keep getting "failed to unpack file". I did it on the patched and original Terminator-Win64-Shipping exe.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, benjtheman7 said:

I used the letterbox remover and it said it was patched successfully. Yet, I still have the damn letterbox on the sides. Resolution already set to 2560x1080 in the gameusersettings.ini. Tried using Steamless but keep getting "failed to unpack file". I did it on the patched and original Terminator-Win64-Shipping exe.

Letterboxing refers to horizontal black bars, based on the shape of a letter box.

The tools included here no longer address the pillarboxing (vertical or side black bars), as the latest game updates introduced 21:9 support and took care of those. Try switching between the available resolutions and window modes after verifying your game files.

Share this comment

First of all, thank you @Rose for all the amazing contribution for the community, love your patches! I know this one is old, but i'd like to know if is there a way to change the view model FOV, so guns can be further away in the camera. It really bothers me the gun so close to the camera, makes game looks stupid lol! Thank you!

Share this comment

On 1/10/2020 at 7:35 PM, Rose said:

Hi Rose,
Would you be able to assist me with any instructions via DM for the same issue?
Thanks!

Share this comment