Jump to content

6 Screenshots

About This File

  1. Unpack the archive and put the "ultrawide" (for 21:9) or "superwide" (for 32:9) folder in "mods" within the main game folder.
  2. Launch the game and enable the mod by checking its box
  3. Quit the game
  4. Open %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Nolla_Games_Noita\save_shared\config.xml in a text editor and change internal_size_w="1280" to internal_size_w="1707" (for 21:9) or internal_size_w="2560" (for 32:9)
  5. Launch the game again - the mod should be working now!

Tested the latest GOG version at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5120x1440.

You can buy me a coffee here.


What's New in Version 1.7.1   See changelog

Released

A tiny value change for code parity with the latest game version. No effect on ultrawide values.




User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Lightning is broken playing with the latest patch (update #8) on 3440x1440.

https://imgur.com/a/wL3uVxm

Well maybe not broken because 3440x1440 isn't mentioned on the tested resolutions so maybe it requieres a different "internal_size_w="?

Edit: Forgot to add my game is on Steam

 

 

Edited by JacKV16

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 7:28 PM, JacKV16 said:

Lightning is broken playing with the latest patch (update #8) on 3440x1440.

https://imgur.com/a/wL3uVxm

Well maybe not broken because 3440x1440 isn't mentioned on the tested resolutions so maybe it requieres a different "internal_size_w="?

Edit: Forgot to add my game is on Steam

 

 

It's broken for me as well, though the "internal_size_w" parameter isn't the problem.  That said, the correct value for 3440x1440 is 1720, not 1707 (2560x1080 and 3440x1440 are both referred to as 21:9, but they aren't actually the same aspect ratio, nor are either of them actually 21:9, hilariously).  With 1707 in the file, you will see a small and pretty insignificant sliver of black bars at the left and right side of the screen.

This lighting issue is likely a problem for everyone.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Oopy Doopy said:

This lighting issue is likely a problem for everyone.

Not for me or the other PCGW editor I asked to test for the lighting issue for me. I still can't find a way to reproduce it in order to look into it.

Here's a 5120x1440 screenshot from my earlier testing, suggesting it's not caused by 1440p resolutions either:

fDRVIdd.png

Could it be specific to the Steam version?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rose said:

Not for me or the other PCGW editor I asked to test for the lighting issue for me. I still can't find a way to reproduce it in order to look into it.


Could it be specific to the Steam version?

Oh, very strange.  I do have the steam version as well.  Since I purchased on humble, I'll download the DRM free version as well to test and report back.

EDIT: It's still not working with the Humble version.  I also tried running true fullscreen at 2560x1080 with the correct width for said resolution and it still isn't working.  Is there anything I can do to help you figure this out?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oopy Doopy said:

Oh, very strange.  I do have the steam version as well.  Since I purchased on humble, I'll download the DRM free version as well to test and report back.

EDIT: It's still not working with the Humble version.  I also tried running true fullscreen at 2560x1080 with the correct width for said resolution and it still isn't working.  Is there anything I can do to help you figure this out?

Thanks for the continued feedback and offering to help. A while ago I had a user share their config file with me but it completely matched mine, so I had no idea what was wrong.

I had another look at the game today and it turned out that it was indeed a global issue and I either didn't notice it earlier or it didn't occur for some reason.
I updated the mod to hopefully put this particular issue to rest - tested at all the listed resolutions again.
There are still a couple of unrelated imperfections I'm aware of and I might try to fix them in the future as well.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rose said:

Thanks for the continued feedback and offering to help. A while ago I had a user share their config file with me but it completely matched mine, so I had no idea what was wrong.

I had another look at the game today and it turned out that it was indeed a global issue and I either didn't notice it earlier or it didn't occur for some reason.
I updated the mod to hopefully put this particular issue to rest - tested at all the listed resolutions again.
There are still a couple of unrelated imperfections I'm aware of and I might try to fix them in the future as well.

Thank you for taking another look at it!  This update works great for me at 3440x1440.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Superb. I can also confirm it work wonders on 3440x1440. Noita looks amazing on full display.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your work on this mod. Unfortunately even with the fix I am still having lighting issues. However, this may be due to the fact that I am using the mod to run at a 16:10 resolution as opposed to an ultrawide. The "fog-of-war clearing" light seems to be a little bit higher than my character. Any ideas on parameters I can change to move that position?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great mod and tnks a ton!

Problem, dunno if its just me: https://imgur.com/yIPqJYs

Notice the sky color is being displayed in a line on top of the screen (from top center extending all the way to the sky in top right corner)

Basically, as I move around, the top or botton (or both) will display a line "mirroring" the color of what should be further away in that direction (either above or below) of the gameworld.

I tried editing some values around but no luck, is there any trick or editing to fix that?? Thanks for any help!

Running at 2560x1080 Steam version.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, h1ms3lfito said:

Great mod and tnks a ton!

Problem, dunno if its just me: https://imgur.com/yIPqJYs

Notice the sky color is being displayed in a line on top of the screen (from top center extending all the way to the sky in top right corner)

Basically, as I move around, the top or botton (or both) will display a line "mirroring" the color of what should be further away in that direction (either above or below) of the gameworld.

I tried editing some values around but no luck, is there any trick or editing to fix that?? Thanks for any help!

Running at 2560x1080 Steam version.


Thanks. It's a known issue but I haven't thought up a way to fix it yet. It's rather minor but can probably get annoying. Is it?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rose said:


can probably get annoying

Hell yes! =]

But since it is a known issue I should stop trying to fix it on my end.
Can probably get rid of that with some black tape at top and botton of the monitor... xD

Thanks again!!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 1:47 PM, h1ms3lfito said:

Hell yes! =]

But since it is a known issue I should stop trying to fix it on my end.
Can probably get rid of that with some black tape at top and botton of the monitor... xD

Thanks again!!

You could use reshade's border shader to black out a couple rows of pixels at the top of the screen.  Setting the size ratio to 2.41 seems to do the trick at 3440x1440

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting a notification when installing the mod that it's out of date. Also getting restarts between games due to the mod sometimes? On 3440x1440.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hydroptix said:

Getting a notification when installing the mod that it's out of date. Also getting restarts between games due to the mod sometimes? On 3440x1440.

I see no major changes to the base game code for the warning to matter. Debug lines aside, there is one localization string introduced and one UI damage offset slightly changed. Regardless, I added the new strings to the mod just now.
How do you know that it's the cause of the restarts?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

    • By Rose
      Compared to the existing solutions from WSGF made to remove the black bars appearing in the game at 21:9 and wider resolutions, this tool perfectly matches the vertical field of view of each scene to that of 16:9, also allowing to see and adjust the current FOV in real time.
      Download the archive and unpack it using the password pcgw Launch the game, followed by the tool. Apply the fix before the main menu appears or at the main menu before loading into a game. All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.
      Inspired in part by killer-m's work.
      Tested the latest Steam version at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080.

      You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
    • By Rose
      The small patcher allows any resolution to be selected in the game.
      Unpack the archive and follow the instructions of the tool.

      Tested the latest Steam version briefly at 2560x1080.

      You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
    • By Rose
      The small patcher and trainer for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance remove black bars appearing in the game at 21:9 and wider resolutions.

      For the Microsoft Store version,
      Download and unpack the applicable archive using the password pcgw Launch the game, followed by the tool. Press the button as shown to toggle the black bars off and on. For Steam,
      Unpack the Shipping exe found in /CotH/Binaries/Win64/ with Steamless (like this). Download the applicable archive from here and patch the unpacked file renamed to match the original. Simply patching should work for any other versions.

      Tested the latest Game Pass version at 2560x1080 and briefly at 5760x1080.

      You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
    • By Rose
      The small patcher for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint removes black bars appearing in the game at 21:9 and wider resolutions.
      Disable BattleEye. Download and unpack the archive included here. Use the patcher to modify GRB.exe and/or GRB_vulkan.exe depending on the preferred graphics API mode - DirectX vs Vulkan. Be mindful of the backup files taking up as much space as the original executables. They can be safely removed, but then the game files will need to be verified if the goal is to revert or to play PvP.
      Tested the latest Ubisoft Connect version at 2560x1080. Additionally verified as working by a WSGF user.

      You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
    • By Rose
      The tools for Microsoft Store, Steam, and other versions remove black bars from the cutscenes and dialogue, perfectly matching the vertical FOV to 16:9.
      Run the game once and apply any resolution. In order to force the game to use your resolution, open GameUserSettings.ini and modify the values of ResolutionSizeX and ResolutionSizeY as needed. Download the archive corresponding to your platform and unpack using the password pcgw Launch the game, followed by the trainer. Enable or disable the fix in real time by pressing the specified button. All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.
      Tested the latest Game Pass version at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080. Steam version tested by a 32:9 WSGF user.

      You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 273 Guests (See full list)

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Member Statistics

    6,885
    Total Members
    3,870
    Most Online
    itelluwhat1
    Newest Member
    itelluwhat1
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...