The Evil Within ultrawide fix & FOV changer (Game Pass & Epic)

9 Screenshots

About This File

The tool for the Microsoft Store version of the game is based in part on the Flawless Widescreen findings by HaYDeN, removing black bars from the game and allowing to change the third-person and first-person field of view in real time.

1. Unpack the archive with software like 7zip or PeaZip using the password pcgw
  2. Launch the game, followed by the tool.
  3. Enable the black bars fix and press Alt+Enter in the game twice to properly adjust the aspect ratio. Alternatively, enable the fix at the loading intro screens.

All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.

Tested the latest Game Pass version primarily at 2560x1080, briefly at 3440x1440 and 3840x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Is there any way to get this to work at 5120x1440. The image just becomes stretched at that resolution.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, Kahuna said:

Is there any way to get this to work at 5120x1440. The image just becomes stretched at that resolution.

I think you are missing step 3 of the instructions. Tested today and that worked fine.

image.png

Share this comment

On 2/24/2023 at 4:31 AM, LeeLee said:

windows says it is a virus and erases it instantly ....

true and i cannot find any other way to fix this game

Share this comment

If you are using McAfee Virus Protection. Open up the app - Navigate to real time scanning - under excluded files click Add File - navigate to the unpacked mod and add it so that you can actually launch it. 

Share this comment