3 Screenshots

About This File

The tool allows to change the field of view in real time.

1. Unpack the archive with software like 7zip - the password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game
  3. Launch the tool and press the keys as instructed

All trainers based on CE components are likely to trigger some anti-virus software.

Tested on the latest Microsoft Store / Game Pass version at 2560x1080 and 3840x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron. My newest fixes are available here.

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

Updating mainly to support the latest game version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

As it is now the tool doesnt seem to work. I have tried numerous things however the menu for changing the FOV just doesnt pop up. No antivirus enabled. I even tried to change the name of the program to see if the tool wasnt detecting it however still nothing. I would love to see this tool functioning however nothing seems to work.

Share this comment

9 hours ago, akua said:

As it is now the tool doesnt seem to work. I have tried numerous things however the menu for changing the FOV just doesnt pop up. No antivirus enabled. I even tried to change the name of the program to see if the tool wasnt detecting it however still nothing. I would love to see this tool functioning however nothing seems to work.

it works for me

Share this comment

No longer works on launcher version here, it doesn't seem to accept the F10 key to enable the other keybinds.

Tried to use the older version again which detects F10 fine but then the game crashes randomly.

Any ideas?

Share this comment

14 minutes ago, cayren said:

No longer works on launcher version here, it doesn't seem to accept the F10 key to enable the other keybinds.

Tried to use the older version again which detects F10 fine but then the game crashes randomly.

Any ideas?

I don't have access to the launcher version to check but it works fine with Microsoft Store version 1.9.3.0 (no DLC).

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, Rose said:

I don't have access to the launcher version to check but it works fine with Microsoft Store version 1.9.3.0 (no DLC).

aw shame you cant check.

launcher version says build 1.10.1.0_6739574 (all dlc)

hard to go back to a different resolution after all this time lol, the zoomed effect just makes it litteraly unplayable

Share this comment

Reinstalling the game on MS Store got it updated to 1.10.2.0, which also required updating my pattern. I was sent an exe from the Launcher version but that appeared to be encrypted and I naturally could not look at the unencrypted code at runtime without owning that version. Just hoping the updated trainer works for it too. I may have to come up with something different for future updates.

Share this comment

Is this an open sourced project that the community can continue to maintain?
The game update from Sep 18th broke the tool again, and is causing crashes during level play (it won't crash in the village or the main menu screen).

I can't believe that such a highly popular game (that exceeded the 10M players so far) still doesn't have a simple UWS support, although it isn't competitive which makes the little advantage that UWS FOV give the player meaningless.

Share this comment

Just now, Ciaos said:

Hey @Rose, any chance you could get this working on the Steam version? Vert- on the ultrawide is really arse to use. Cheers.

I could try if you would send me the Shipping exe. Did you try using the Launcher trainer on it?

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Ciaos said:

Oh I'm a melon and didn't try the other version, that works on Steam. Cheers mate absolute life saver

Great! Reuploaded it with a new name for clarity.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, exiled_dragon25 said:

I tried downloading the fix and windows auto quarantined a virus from it. Has anyone else seen that? 

Trojan:Win32/Glupteba!ml

this version doesn't work anymore.

there were 2 content releases since it was out (it got broken in the first one)

Share this comment

20 minutes ago, Jolinar said:

this version doesn't work anymore.

there were 2 content releases since it was out (it got broken in the first one)

Still works for me on the latest version on Microsoft Store today.

image.thumb.png.e4627f728b748bd87ab683745ffe4584.png

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Rose said:

Still works for me on the latest version on Microsoft Store today.

image.thumb.png.e4627f728b748bd87ab683745ffe4584.png

I can confirm that this also works on the Steam version as of today.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Theblast said:

No longer works for the newest version of the game. 1.16.2.0. Hope a fix is possible 😞

Thanks for the report. It's still possible, so I updated the solutions.

Share this comment

On 10/19/2022 at 6:48 AM, Rose said:

Thanks for the report. It's still possible, so I updated the solutions.

Thank you for updating. Unfortunately I am not having luck. Playing Xbox Game Pass version 1.16.2.0. Try executing your app before and after launch of MCD and the hotkeys appear to have no effect. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Share this comment

4 hours ago, smitherssp said:

Thank you for updating. Unfortunately I am not having luck. Playing Xbox Game Pass version 1.16.2.0. Try executing your app before and after launch of MCD and the hotkeys appear to have no effect. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

For this one, it's always the game first, then the trainer. The F10 button function is necessary for enabling the rest. If that doesn't work, you may want to ensure that your physical F keys work. Beyond that, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. I successfully tested it on the MS Store version today.

Share this comment

I've downloaded the last version and Kaspersky is blocking it because it contains the trojan VHO:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Convagent.gen. Someone more got the same from the antivirus?

Share this comment

Not working for me on latest xbox gamepass version. I had some problems with antivirus "failure loading the trainer. your tempfolder must allow execution." so I tried to disable it and then it opened but non of the F keys worked.

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, domdol said:

Not working for me on latest xbox gamepass version. I had some problems with antivirus "failure loading the trainer. your tempfolder must allow execution." so I tried to disable it and then it opened but non of the F keys worked.

Works for me on version 1.17 as of today.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Rose said:

Works for me on version 1.17 as of today.

Ok I know where the issue is when I open it it creates new temp file every time with a different name so I can't create exception for it in my antivirus isn't there any solution for this? (I'm using Bitdefender).

Share this comment

8 hours ago, domdol said:

Ok I know where the issue is when I open it it creates new temp file every time with a different name so I can't create exception for it in my antivirus isn't there any solution for this? (I'm using Bitdefender).

For Windows Defender, it's sufficient to just add the folder containing the trainer exe or the individual file to its list of exclusions. Bitdefender must be different. One thing you could try is submit the file to Bitdefender. I sent a few to Microsoft and they quickly removed the false flagging, though it's tedious to do after each of my updates and fixes at my rate.
Another thing is temporarily disabling Bitdefender or temporarily adding the temp folder to its exclusions, but this creates a rather bad practice and you may end up forgetting or allowing too much for it to warn you of any real threats.

Share this comment