7 Screenshots

About This File

The game features FMVs and rendered cutscenes that get pillarboxed at 21:9 and wider resolutions.
This patcher removes the black bars from the rendered cutscenes and has no effect on the FMVs as there is no way to hack a pre-recorded video to add more content.

Simply unpack the archive and patch the main game exe.

Tested the latest Steam version at 2560x1080 and briefly at 5760x1080 in both DX modes.

You can buy me a coffee or support me on patreon.

What's New in Version 1.1   See changelog

Released

Changed more code to get rid of a seemingly rare instance of pillarboxing reported here in the comments.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Works wonderfully until the end of the Siria's section, the intro of the game, then you get to see pillar box again in 2560*1080 when you see the snow for the second time, when you have to set up a camp. Steam version of the game 😞 

Share this comment

9 hours ago, wicked sick said:

Works wonderfully until the end of the Siria's section, the intro of the game, then you get to see pillar box again in 2560*1080 when you see the snow for the second time, when you have to set up a camp. Steam version of the game 😞 

Could you share your save file and tell me what to do to reproduce the issue?
Just to clarify though - are we talking about FMVs or cutscenes rendered by the engine in real time?

Share this comment

15 hours ago, Rose said:

Could you share your save file and tell me what to do to reproduce the issue?
Just to clarify though - are we talking about FMVs or cutscenes rendered by the engine in real time?

Hi! I believe they are real time cutscenes, even more when after when it ends, Lara is trying to lit the little bonfire  the scene starts to fade to black, before all else is gone, the side bars disappears revealing the whole scene as the mod did before.

I don't have the save anymore, I kept on playing, but after this part, things kept going normal with the mod, no  pillar box so far and I am at Gulag prision.

I will provide you a save in a short while so you can test for yourself.

Share this comment

OK! The link is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GNA9fLZ1bwVeoaTx67Bq9AFvcpZnmeZf/view?usp=sharing

The slot 3 save: You will have to jump and grab the thing to make the water flow, then a sequence will start. After the part were Lara hides from the violent water flow the new cutscenes will trigger, then those will have pillar boxes. If you try to skip the cutscnes, you can see the pillar boxes vanishing showing you a brief full screen imagem before everything fades to black and then the game keeps on going to the next part.

The slot 4 save: Almost the same as the 3, but I tried to make a running save to make it faster for you.

The Slot 1 save: My oldest save, I just keep it as a memento.

Slot 2 save: My actual save.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, wicked sick said:

The slot 4 save: Almost the same as the 3, but I tried to make a running save to make it faster for you.

Thank you for reporting the issue and sharing your save files. Save 4 was very helpful in allowing me to go over the cutscene again.
I changed more code and updated the patcher but it's a more drastic change compared to the previous, so it would be helpful if you could restore the original exe and then patch it with the latest version and tell me how it goes as you play, paying attention to the gameplay scaling as well.

I'm attaching the before and after screenshots of the scene, though they are not of one frame.

1.png

2.png

Share this comment

17 hours ago, Rose said:

Thank you for reporting the issue and sharing your save files. Save 4 was very helpful in allowing me to go over the cutscene again.
I changed more code and updated the patcher but it's a more drastic change compared to the previous, so it would be helpful if you could restore the original exe and then patch it with the latest version and tell me how it goes as you play, paying attention to the gameplay scaling as well.

I'm attaching the before and after screenshots of the scene, though they are not of one frame.

1.png

2.png

Thanks, Rose! I will test the new patcher on a back up I have of the .exe 🙂

Share this comment

On 11/4/2020 at 2:57 AM, wicked sick said:

The Slot 1 save: My oldest save, I just keep it as a memento.

Slot 2 save: My actual save.

Hi, do you happen to still have the save archive? I would like to test it in the latest version and update the solution if necessary.

Share this comment

Getting multiple scenes in the early game that I'm pretty sure should be working, but aren't. The black pillarboxes are there but I can faintly see details behind them. 

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Rizenstrom said:

Getting multiple scenes in the early game that I'm pretty sure should be working, but aren't. The black pillarboxes are there but I can faintly see details behind them. 

Could you be more specific and include your save file?

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Rose said:

Could you be more specific and include your save file?

I verified files and ran it again, so far no issues but I haven't played much since. I will try to grab a screenshot or video next time I see it. I need to replay the first chapter for some missed collectibles anyways. 

Share this comment