Sunless Skies ultrawide mod & resolutions unlocker

3 Screenshots

About This File

Unpack the archive, then use the tool to patch two game files as guided.
This unlocks all resolutions and removes the pillarboxing (black bars).

Tested the latest GOG version at 2560x1080 and 3840x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

What's New in Version 2.1   See changelog

Released

Updated the code to support the latest version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi I tried using your patch for the game but whenever I use it it tells me the files were not patched even though I selected the correct ones. Does the patch work with the steam version of the game or just the gog version?

Share this comment

1 hour ago, johnny.suciu@gmail.com said:

Hi I tried using your patch for the game but whenever I use it it tells me the files were not patched even though I selected the correct ones. Does the patch work with the steam version of the game or just the gog version?

The game has been updated with changes to affect the first step of the patching and then the second pattern must have not been reliable enough to work with the new version. I made a new patcher just now.

Share this comment

Hi! The patch doesn't seem to be working in the last update because the entire Managed folder seems to be missing now. Manually editing the UnityPlayer.dll only seemed to allow selecting a 32:9 resolution, but didn't affect the rendering itself.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, deevian said:

Hi! The patch doesn't seem to be working in the last update because the entire Managed folder seems to be missing now. Manually editing the UnityPlayer.dll only seemed to allow selecting a 32:9 resolution, but didn't affect the rendering itself.

It's the move to Unity 2019, which packs the code, making it even harder to access, but I made a new patcher.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Rose said:

It's the move to Unity 2019, which packs the code, making it even harder to access, but I made a new patcher.

Absolute champ, thank you so much!

Share this comment

Hi Rose!  Thanks for making this mod and keeping it updated.  Is it possible to push the UI to the corners rather than keeping the 16:9 positions?

Share this comment

Does this still work? tried it today but cant get it to work. Both files patched, but there is no option to choose a 21:9 resolution in settings.

Steam version.

Share this comment

17 minutes ago, cr00mz said:

Does this still work? tried it today but cant get it to work. Both files patched, but there is no option to choose a 21:9 resolution in settings.

Steam version.

I don't have the Steam version but it's all good on the latest GOG version:

image.thumb.png.65aeea2e47b28cf4d3ac6304e188cf45.png

Share this comment