Yakuza 7 (Like a Dragon) Letterbox Remover/Ultrawide Fix 1.0.2

3 Screenshots

About This File

This is a patcher for Yakuza 7 (Like a Dragon) that removes the letterboxing at non 16:9 resolutions.

It is made using quickBMS to extract UI resource files and replace the letterboxing textures. 

To install:

• 1. Extract the contents of the zip to "steamapps\common\Yakuza Like a Dragon\runtime\media\data"
  • 2. Run "letterbox_patch_efigs.bat"
  • 3. A backup of the original files will be placed within a folder marked "backup".

Known Issues:

• Due to the nature of how the game was made, you will see outside of the 16:9 window. You may see visual glitches and so on that would have been hidden otherwise.
  • New patches for the game may break this. If it does, delete the backup folder and run the patcher again.

Credits/Sources:

What's New in Version 1.0.2   See changelog

Released

Removed PT language as it appears to have been removed from the game in the latest patch.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It works perfectly, even after the 4 updates from Steam (only is necessary reinstall the patch after an official update).
Thank you very much for the effort!

And for those who want to see the result I leave my gameplay at 3840x1080 (32: 9) 🐲

Share this comment

Thanks, but the patcher doesn't update all the files with different languages that game is currently support. Can the patcher be extended for Russian and other new languages which were added with the February game's update? Thanks again.

Share this comment

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By patrxgt
      After JKHUB's servers went to Hell, I decided to upload some files from that site (and not only that, just in case) that I managed to archive.
      Download section includes:
      Mipmap and FOV 120 Patch for Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith JK HUD Revamp MotS HUD Revamp CD quality music for Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith High Quality Sounds for Mysteries of the Sith Jedi Knight Enhanced and Retexture Pack Mysteries of the Sith Enhanced and Retexture Pack Enhanced and Retexture Pack Animations Fix wheelthingy for Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith
    • By killer-m
      Features:
      HOR+ FOV Installation:
      Unpack the archive Copy all files to "Bin" folder - "\Jersey Devil\bin\" Set your screen resolution in Settings.ini In the Settings.ini file, you can change the following settings 
      [RESOLUTION]
      Width = 1920
      Height = 1080
      forces the screen resolution
      Fullscreen = 1
      forces full-screen mode
      [RENDER]
      OpenGL = 1
      forces OpenGL render
    • By Rose
      The tool removes black bars from the game at 21:9, 32:9, 48:9 and other wide resolutions.
      Download and unpack the archive using software like 7zip or PeaZip. The password is pcgw Launch the game Launch the tool Press the "Enable" key While in the game, briefly switch to the Borderless or Fullscreen mode. Use the tool to manually adjust the UI size at 32:9 and wider resolutions. Known issues:
      Stretched loading screens and rare FMVs. Minor UI display and alignment issues. Use the UI adjustment keys if necessary. The window mode switching requirement is also undesirable, hence the version number!
      Tested the latest Epic version at 2560x1080, briefly at 3840x1080, 5760x1080, 5120x2160 and 7680x1080 on a single monitor.
      You can buy me a coffee here.
    • By Rose
      The tool for Microsoft Store / Game Pass and possibly other versions removes pillarboxing (side black bars), preserving the letterboxing heavily used in the game for artistic and gameplay purposes.
      Unpack the archive with software like 7zip or PeaZip using the password pcgw Launch the game and set all the options as preferred. Launch the tool. Press the hotkey to toggle the fix on and off in real time. Known issues:
      Game options menu will stop functioning while the fix is enabled. Near the end of the game, passenger manifests will be partly cropped while the fix is enabled (unrelated to the story). The full end credits will not appear while the fix is enabled. All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software. The FOV correction approach is inspired by killer-m's work.
      Tested the latest Game Pass and GOG versions at 2560x1080 and 5760x1080.
      You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
    • By Rose
      The small patcher unlocks all resolutions in the game and removes black bars.

Make sure to follow both steps and patch both files covered by the tool.

The game is likely to reset to 1920x1080 and windowed at the start of each chapter, which is a known issue with the game itself. In that event, simply go to the options and set them back.
      Tested the latest GOG version at 2560x1080.
      You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 294 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online