About This File
This is a patcher for Yakuza 7 (Like a Dragon) that removes the letterboxing at non 16:9 resolutions.
It is made using quickBMS to extract UI resource files and replace the letterboxing textures.
- 1. Extract the contents of the zip to "steamapps\common\Yakuza Like a Dragon\runtime\media\data"
- 2. Run "letterbox_patch_efigs.bat"
- 3. A backup of the original files will be placed within a folder marked "backup".
- Due to the nature of how the game was made, you will see outside of the 16:9 window. You may see visual glitches and so on that would have been hidden otherwise.
- New patches for the game may break this. If it does, delete the backup folder and run the patcher again.
- QuickBMS (https://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm) for the unpacker/repacker.
- parc.bms (https://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/parc.bms) for the quickbms script.
- Kiwami 2 Letterbox Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1736864221) for pointing me in the right direction.
- Thanks to KingKrouch and Rose on the WSGF Discord for advice and testing.
What's New in Version 1.0.3 See changelog
- Added support for Japanese, Korean, Portugese - Brazil, Russian, Chinese and Simplified Chinese languages.
- Updated to latest version of quickBMS and change reimport method to method 2.