Silent Hill 3 PC Fix by Steam006

About This File

Features:
Allow custom window resolutions
Allow custom rendering resolutions
Windowed mode
Borderless mode
Manual window positioning (For borderless windowed mode)
Disable Maximized Windowed Mode on newer Windows versions
Force VSync
Increase FOV
Decrease FOV in cutscenes
Display FMVs in 4:3 aspect ratio
Display FMVs in fullscreen
Disable safe mode
Options menu fix
Display 2D elements in 4:3
Display fullscreen pause menu
Depth of Field resolution increase
Shadow resolution increase
Inventory resolution increase
Status Screen resolution increase
Anisotropic Texture Filtering
Remove black bars
Remove borders in cutscenes
Modify fog complexity
Different framerate modes
Unlock Silent Hill 2 Easter eggs
Restore missing dialogue sound
Restore beta sound
Achievements
Redirect registry values from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
New save and load system
Support for Silent Hill 3 Trial Version
Wallhack (F1)
Disable DirectX Fog (F2)
Gamma control (F6, F7 and F8)

Install:
1. Copy all the files to your Silent Hill 3 install folder.
2. Configure your options in Silent_Hill_3_PC_Fix.ini. (Optional)
3. Start the game with sh3.exe.

Credits:
07151129 - sh3proxy
WidescreenFixesPack team

Password:pcgw

What's New in Version 2.6.2   See changelog

Released

Update 2.6.2:
Added missing text in the sewer level (English)
Updated d3d9on12 to match latest github commits
Improved performance in the Silent Hill town
Fixed original game bug that could cause performance issues on some PCs
Bug fixes

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, a1ex said:

It's actually self-shadowing. And it's done pretty well on the PS2 hardware. Just check this out, guys:

Thanks for taking the time to post the screens. it's just like I said - a PC issue. PCSX2 doesn't render the shadows correctly in neither SH2 nor SH3. SH3's shadows can probably be fixed the same way the were fixed in SH2EE.

Share this comment

On 7/30/2021 at 7:31 PM, trinitylord9000 said:

If you don't mind, I do find it a little peculiar that you'd create a new profile just to respond to me.

I had an account before but I forgot the password, commented before on this file as well

Share this comment

hey, so i just installed this, and whenever i try to run the game from the DLLInjector.exe, i get an error that says "System cannot find the file specified"--even though i've listed it as an exclusion to Malwarebytes. i really want to try this fix since i used a different one and i keep getting like, weird FPS issues. sometimes the game will just be in "slow motion" almost and it's really annoying. i used the widescreen fix or something and it said it also helps with FPS but yeah, i still get weird FPS issues no matter what i do 

Share this comment

On 8/25/2021 at 1:51 PM, jaxx105 said:

hey, so i just installed this, and whenever i try to run the game from the DLLInjector.exe, i get an error that says "System cannot find the file specified"--even though i've listed it as an exclusion to Malwarebytes. i really want to try this fix since i used a different one and i keep getting like, weird FPS issues. sometimes the game will just be in "slow motion" almost and it's really annoying. i used the widescreen fix or something and it said it also helps with FPS but yeah, i still get weird FPS issues no matter what i do 

then another security software on your computer is deleting the file

Share this comment

The file is encrypted and cant be extracted without a password. what is the password ?

never mind i missed that it was listed right there

Share this comment

I don't know if I'm too late, or if anyone was able to find a fix for it, but I followed the instructions, and when I went to launch the DLLInjector.exe, it just doesn't launch anything. At first my AV blocked it as a virus, but after adding an exception, I double click, it'll act like its loading something, but no other windows pop up. Maybe I did something wrong? I installed the game properly and I'm able to play it (I've tested it using the Audio enhancement pack, launching through Release), so its not the game itself. I appreciate any, and all help! 

Share this comment

On 9/27/2021 at 5:33 PM, el_diablo_blanco said:

I don't know if I'm too late, or if anyone was able to find a fix for it, but I followed the instructions, and when I went to launch the DLLInjector.exe, it just doesn't launch anything. At first my AV blocked it as a virus, but after adding an exception, I double click, it'll act like its loading something, but no other windows pop up. Maybe I did something wrong? I installed the game properly and I'm able to play it (I've tested it using the Audio enhancement pack, launching through Release), so its not the game itself. I appreciate any, and all help! 

Try the new version.

Share this comment

On 12/21/2020 at 12:20 AM, Steam006 said:

False positive

This set seems to conflict with ReShade, i see error 2.0 appears and the game does not start. All I needed was VSync, this is not available in other mods unfortunately. And without ReShade, the game doesn't look good as it could. Do you think there are options to make work vertical synchronization without conflict with Reshaid?

Share this comment

On 10/6/2021 at 5:59 AM, zeruka said:

I'm getting an error, please help

dll.PNG.93f027be88582608c78cc9cde03a31c6.PNG

Delete all d3d8.dll from ENB or ReShade, d3d9.dll from ReShade and dinput8.dll from WidescreenFix

Share this comment

On 10/26/2021 at 9:05 PM, YasukeIto said:

Delete all d3d8.dll from ENB or ReShade, d3d9.dll from ReShade and dinput8.dll from WidescreenFix

I'm not using any of those mods

Share this comment

I got it all downloaded, but for some reason the game starts with all colors inverted?? I didn't change any settings yet

SILENT HILL 3 2_24_2022 12_08_51 AM.png

Capture.JPG

Share this comment

On 2/24/2022 at 3:03 PM, g.eye said:

I got it all downloaded, but for some reason the game starts with all colors inverted?? I didn't change any settings yet

SILENT HILL 3 2_24_2022 12_08_51 AM.png

Capture.JPG

Potentially an unintentional game improvement, lol. Looks cool as.

Also - about "Dll-Injector":
Is Steam006 sure that "Dll-Injector" is as safe now as it was in the past? Need to be careful with organizations and their AI around putting stuff in files here and there. I know this file probably needs access controls, but I would be a little more concerned about people picking something that was relatively innocent in the past and using it today in the same manner. There's a reason why some files used in the past are no longer acceptable.

Probably an idea to release the source for this hack so people can double check, this isn't 2005 - though I understand the need to work around from DMCA and anti-cheat drones.
In fact it would just be better to release the 'false positive' file source and not the others. I know windows defender isn't fool proof, but AI has significantly developed in the past few years because of crypto.

Btw, is this the same file? : https://github.com/Zhuagenborn/Dll-Injector

Any other places to discuss this other than here?  I just want to learn what this thing does.

Share this comment

IDK what happened to DLLInjector, but Windows 10 won't even let me extract the latest update at this point.

Also, achievements are cool. I wasn't sure if this would be feasible (I figured it would be annoying like all 2D elements) but I'm glad it was.

Share this comment

I get this error every time I try to launch from the dllinjector.

Windows Defender already allows it and I'm running it as administrator.

Captura0.PNG

Share this comment

On 6/30/2022 at 8:58 AM, Spooey said:

Are the intro logos and title screen supposed to be stretched wide?

Yes that is normal.

Share this comment

I have an issue running the game via Reloaded mod loader with the Widescreen fix.

both audio enhancement pack (2.0.4) , SH Voice Pack (2.5.8) and 006 widescreen fix 2.2.4 are present.

In order to run the game with the widescreen resolution, I read that I have to copy the silent hill 3 pc fix ini to the mods folder of steam 006 in reloaded. However if I do this nothing happens and game runs at 4x3 low res.

same ini is edited for HD resolution when I run the game via Dll injector.

mod1wmk5w.jpgmod2qkjkn.jpgmod3lek61.jpg

Share this comment

On 7/15/2022 at 8:42 AM, kareem said:

"Start the game with DLLInjector.exe." 
how ? its not 
launching 

Any errors?

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Steam006 said:

petran79I don't use those packs myself and they are not made by me. I've heard it's possible to make it work but I don't know how.

I had to add the ThirteenAG widescreen fix in the main folder of sh3 and game now launches in HD via this in Reloader together with the sound pack.

Steam 006 works only if I launch it via the SH3 root folder but not with the Reloader mod.

Share this comment

17 hours ago, Steam006 said:

Any errors?

no error
when i press at the  DLLInjector.exe , the blue circle near the mouse course just keep spinning then nothing happens 
Edit : this happen for both SH3 and SH4 (GOG)  

Share this comment