About This File
This is the Battlefield 2 Patch v1.5. It is the latest patch available for the game.
If there are issues installing this patch, you might need to install patch 1.41 first (a link to the patch can be found on the Battlefield 2 wiki page).
Here is the full list of fixes:
- â€‹Additional support for Windows Vista.
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
- Added Euro Force and Armored Fury as free-to-play content for all Battlefield 2 players.
- Added Widescreen support.
- Allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2 gigabytes of RAM.
- Added support for the Novint Falcon controller (http://www.novint.com).
- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced.
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving."
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
- Tweaked the hit detection; hits will be more accurate to the model.
- Error causing occasional connection drops after being on a server for a short while was fixed.
- Prevented use of mouse wheel to provide speed boost to vehicles.
- Prevented use of mouse wheel to exploid parachutes.
- Players can now pass claymores by going prone.
- Updated the HUD on TV-Guided missiles to increase visibility on maps like Dragon Valley.
- Added Battlefield 2142-style prone deviation; going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period.
- Fixed the issue where picking up a player's kit would cause CTD.
- Updated BF2OpenAL.dll from version 126.96.36.199 to version 188.8.131.52.
- Updated ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley to be consistent with other gas station buildings.
- Fixed the issue where MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean Sweep changes to the USMC's control when they capture the Airfield flag.
- Updated the Challenger2 HUD to show the correct icon instead of the M1A2 HUD icon.
- Changed a PLA FAV to MEC FAV on Road to Jalalabad.
- Tweaked the artillery respawn time on Dragon Valley for to 360 seconds as other artillery uses.
- Included a delay after weapon switch for the Bizon (PP-19) to 0.666.
- Updated the F35B's lock delay to 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds to match other aircraft.
- Changed the Humvee camo on Taraba Quarry to be the correct design.
- Increased the splash damage of the UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns from 0.25 to 1.5.
- Updated the G36E HUD to react the same as other weapons during sprint.